[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>at one point wanted to join the military as an officer >could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1.png (89KB, 296x305px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
89KB, 296x305px
>at one point wanted to join the military as an officer
>could never admit I signed up because I found commanding companies of men fun

muh morality muh stop treating soldiers like chess pieces it's 2016!!
>>
>>32317915
>>32317915
I didn't know "stop treating men like chess pieces" was even a mentality. Isn't that the point? An extremely complicated game of chess with morale, weather, supply, etc to account for?
>>
>>32317915
> I found commanding companies of men fun
Do you just mean you enjoy your job or do you mean that you're a power-tripping piece of shit who just gets off on being in a position of authority without regard for your underlings?
One is ok, one is not
>>
>>32318515

The former, but the military are a bunch of hardasses who only accept reasons like "I luv my cuntry lol"
>>
>>32318515
He very obviously meant the latter.
>>
>>32317915
Shrewd decision making has nothing to do with thinking of men as chess pieces.

You can't be a leader because nobody will follow you. Even worse, you think you understand concepts you are ignorant of.
>>
File: 152313889.jpg (16KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
152313889.jpg
16KB, 450x450px
>>32318814

lmao they aren't following me because I earn their respect

soldiers are trained to be unthinking automatons who are simply moved where they are needed the most

the officers do the thinking here, just go break your bodies upon the enemy line of defense and stfu
>>
>>32317928
>>32318515
This is fine. Leading men is something you are either born to do or not.
>>
>>32317928
The problem unfortunately is if you're not treating your soldiers like chess pieces, the person who does, wins.
>>
>>32319872
how's your 10 man supply platoon?
>>
>>32319872
Your attitude is a major reason why Arabs are so bad at war.

http://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars
>>
>>32319940

your article covers numerous reasons, many of which aren't directly related to your criticism of commanding men like they are chess pieces

war is ugly, kid, that's the hard truth. morality is a luxury, not a right

a cold, pragmatic general is always better than an emotional, moral one
>>
>>32317915

>babby gets into basic military doctrine

Read your handbooks nigger
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.