[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/. I turned 18 back in August and I'm ready to buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

Hey /k/. I turned 18 back in August and I'm ready to buy my first gun. I live in Washington state with no crimes or anything just a coupelle misdemeanors. What was the process like for you buying your first gun? Also any recommendations?

>pic related, would like a beretta
>>
>>32314777

I got thoroughly buttfucked by NJ's laws:

>need to pay $150 in fees
>need to wait 2 months
>only get one handgun, and have to go through the entire process + fees again if you want another handgun

As for Berettas, they're pretty damn nice. Just be aware that they're not the best for CC due to being so big. Other than that, they perform nicely but are kinda pricey. You CAN go with a 92S for $250 if you want. Their only "flaw" is that the mag release is on the heel.
>>
You have to be 21 to buy a handgun, underaged. Yes I am aware that 18 is not technically underaged.
>>
>wait three years
>get CHL
>profit
Get a 10/22 or something to practice with.
>>
>>32314777

>Walk into gun shop
>Already knew what rifle I wanted due to extensive online research
>Tell them I'd like to buy said gat
>Fill out 4473, wait 5 minutes
>Pay for the rifle, say thank you and leave with it

Whole thing took less than half hour, nothing really special.
>>
File: Ackchyually.png (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ackchyually.png
24KB, 200x200px
>>32314817
Don't know about Washington State specifically, but the 21 and older rule only applies to dealer sales in my state. You can buy a handgun from a private party if you're 18. You can also have a handgun gifted to you.
>>
>>32314777
>no crimes
>just a couple misdemeanors
wtf i hate washington now
>>
>>32314777
only way to get a handgun in WA under 21yo is a gift from a family member.

you can get long guns tho
>>
>>32314862
while thats true, good luck finding people willing to sell to someone under 21. They are few and far between, and are usually not selling anything worthwhile.
>>
>>32314862
>You can buy a handgun from a private party if you're 18.
not in WA
>>
>>32314862
this. however, it's not gonna be super easy to get a private sale unless you have a CHL, just because people are uncomfortable with it
>>
>>32314862
Not in Washington
>>
>>32314898
>>32314886
Sauce? I can't find anything to confirm this through Google searches. Do all your private party transfers have to go through a dealer or something?
>>
>>32314936
>Do all your private party transfers have to go through a dealer or something?
yes. i-594
gift from family member is your only (legal) option

technically you could find someone willing to sell you one that was bought before i-594 went into effect since there would be no way to prove when you bought it
>>
>>32314777
What state you from Famiglia? I'd check your state laws on owning a handgun...some like here in Ohio require you to be 21. Most places though are ok on long guns at 18.
>>
>>32314822
Got CHL the day before my 20th birthday
>feels good jpg.
Got first handgun 3 days ago.
>feels better jpg.
>>
I got a 92FS for $515 this year and it is the best handgun I've ever used. Alien holsters in the waistband conceals it easy with a tshirt.
>>
>>32314777
>only 18
>couple of misdemeanors
Kill yourself, degenerate
>>
>>32314777
>misdemeanors
Hopefully you get denied on the background check.
>>
>>32314777
As an 18 year old you won't be getting a handgun in our state. FFL's can't sell till you're 21 and private transfers go through FFLs now, so you'll have to have a family member buy for you and gift it. Be advised that they must be a direct family member (Mom, Dad, etc)
>>
>>32315486
>>32315489
>I'm a fudd that thinks people i deem irresponsible shouldn't have the same rights as me; I'll call it "gun control" ...oh wait
hurr durr go fuck yourselves you complacent pieces of shit.
>>
>>32315694
You're obviously not responsible or mature enough to be in possession of firearms.
>>
>>32314777
>so you'll have to have a family member buy for you and gift it. Be advised that they must be a direct family member (Mom, Dad, etc)

And even if you did this it would still be illegal for you to possess the handgun outside your home until you're 21. Not a lot of fun to have a gun you cant legally use without supervision.
>>
>>32315694
Try not breaking the law. People like you give gun owners a bad name.
>>
>>32315694
Wow, you shouldn't own guns.
>>
File: 1463033710061.jpg (71KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463033710061.jpg
71KB, 720x720px
>>32315714
>>32315754
>>32315790
>We should definitely just do whatever the government says no matter what because otherwise you are a criminal and that is a distinction that disqualifies anything you say
makes sense lol
>>
>>32314809
Where do you live? Last I read extra forms and fees are technically preempted by state law (not like the town's obey it anyway). The NJ2AS recently went on a campaign against them.
>>
>>32315853
Pretty much, breaking the law = illegal. I'm sure you'll understand when you turn 19... Maybe.
Keep whining to mommy about weed being illegal
>>
File: 1231231.png (253KB, 494x328px) Image search: [Google]
1231231.png
253KB, 494x328px
>>32315853
It's more of the fact that you're a degenerate and shouldn't have the power that a firearm will give you because your character is clearly compromised.

You're literally talking about breaking laws. Nobody would ever want you to have firearms because you feel above laws and who knows what you'd do with a firearm.
>>
I'm gonna hijack this guy's thread to ask for advice as well.

I just applied for my CHL about an hour ago and now have to wait 30 days for processing. I have previous background as far as the m9 beretta. What's a decent starter handgun for someone in the $200-300 range? Mostly looking for personal defense/having fun at the range.
>>
>>32315963
I can't recommend a Turk clone hard enough if that's the price range you're locked into. The TP9/Tisas 1911s/Tristar pistols are all fantastic clones at a fantastic price.
>>
>>32315963

Beretta 92S runs for $300 at max for one that's never been fired, and it's more or less identical to the M9. You'll have to get used to the heel mag release though, and the sights are kinda smaller.
>>
>>32315985
>>32316017

Thanks! I'll check these out and see where to go. Needed a new hobby and so far this community seems nice.
>>
>>32315875
Oh no! pls don't tell my mommy i like the refer!

>>32315901
We are all above laws that only exist to control honest, fair people. "Criminals" or not.

Freedom isn't about doing what you are told, it is about living your life in spite of what the powers that be tell you is right or wrong. As long as your actions don't affect others, it doesn't make a single difference what is legal or not. Those are just words.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.