[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do urbanite apartment dwelling /k/ommandos do for gun storage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: stealth safe.jpg (24KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
stealth safe.jpg
24KB, 425x425px
What do urbanite apartment dwelling /k/ommandos do for gun storage?

I bought pic related intending to loop the security cable around the closet rack. However the cable doesn't stay in place on the safe and it's become very apparent that the safe is primarily meant to be bolted to the floor, which I can't really do in a carpeted apartment.

I'm going to be buying some longguns soon so this will become even more of an issue.

At this point I'm seriously considering just leaving my pistols hidden but not really secured and hoping nobody burglarizes the place or the maintenance workers don't get too nosy.
>>
Can't you bolt it to the wall, or get a bigger safe with a bolt-on weight plate to make it too heavy to bother with?
Also for long guns, take out a vital part and lock that in the safe and lock the gun (cable through mag well) to something heavy.
>>
>>32311749
A nice video on what not to buy. Basically anything that doesn't weight as much as a small car is only good to hide your guns from babies and to tick of the insurance checkbox and or legal requirements:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIJFQO4DIxw
>>
>>32311749
Help your HD/CCW with you at all times. Keep the rest in off site storage at a police department armory? I dono man
>>
>>32311749
I move around for work a lot and keep most of my guns in a commercial secure storage facility. I swing by to drop things off and get things out every so often, so the 24hr access is pretty handy.

I pay $75/mo per unit for two units. One unit has my legal desk (to expensive to discard) and 70 or so guns in it. It has 24hr security, climate control, and fire suppression.

Overall, I am happy with the service. I don't have a picture on this phone, unfortunately.
>>
>>32311749
Best thing to do is not have them there.

I lived in the ghetto and had my apt broken into a few times before i said fuck it.

First off detement is key. The little alarms on the windows and doors that go off, 2x4 blocks screwed into the windows so a rock can't be thrown through and the window lifted. (I lived on the first floor, but the second floor balcony or windows are common with dindu's with a ladder)

The best hiding spots are in plain sight and in shit no one will check. A cereal box on the shelf in the back of a bunch more can hold a lot of boxes of ammo. The oven or washing machine/dryer is a good place to put your laptop or any guns while away.

Never hide shit in your bedroom especially in your bed. Your bed will get tossed looking for shit.

Another thing is you can kind of hide long guns in furniture if you work on it. An example: I was in the army and used to keep guns in the barracks. I would hide them in this old recliner I had that the arm used to swing out so that there was a plastic storage cubby inside the arm rest. I undid the upholstery below and made a bag with a flap out of a tan tshirt by stapling the t shirt to the inside wood of the chair. This kept the shit from bouncing around and making noise and the flap kept my two pistols from falling out when nco's would come in my room and start flipping shit. That plastic cubby holder i bent one of the plastic tabs that held it in place so that i could remove it from the outside with a little work jiggling it, and then i used a stapler to restaple the upholstery on the chair.

You could probably do something like such with a couch and some velcro.
>>
>>32317482
Dindus steal washing machines and ovens all the time. I work in an appliance store that buys appliances and Shit, you'd be suprised at the amount of stolen Shit dindus try and sell us. Not to mention I wouldn't put it past a junky to raid a house's appliances for the copper and shit.

I actually had to turn a dryer my boss bought a while ago over to the police because the dindu he bought it off of stole it from some other dindu.
>>
>>32317482
Any more tips for hiding guns in barracks? Hypothetically.
>>
I have an old locker bolted to studs in my closet. Literally like an old high school full length locker with a padlock. It's only purpose is to prevent someone that's not me from touching them. My security is nobody I know irl knows I own guns.
>>
File: gun.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
gun.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>32311749
>>
>>32319213
Looks like a good way to knock your wife out while she's half asleep.
>>
>>32319213
>dindus do what dindus do
>wake up
>reach for shotgun
>fumble the catch
>smack wife in head with barrel
>sudden jolt of beaning wife in forehead startles you
>sudden trigger discipline oversight
>plaster wifes left teat onto bedroom wall with 00 buck
>dindus run away in sudden commotion
>have to explain to police why you smeared wifes tits all over the drapes
>have to explain to wife why you bashed her in the head and shot her tit off in the middle of the night for no apparent reason
>have to explain to kids why you only get to see them once a month under state supervision
>>
>>32312293
Thanks. I live in Baltimore and I have no fucking clue what safe to buy.
>>
>live in apartment
>town is 95% white
>only have 2 handguns.
>keep them both in the nightstand

how stupid is this?
>>
>>32319798
>5% of town is not white

I think you know the answer.
>>
>>32319772
That's oddly arousing
>>
>>32319755
Holy shit I just lost so hard reading that imagined the dindus running away like roaches when you turn on a light
>>
File: finger-guns.jpg (139KB, 838x960px) Image search: [Google]
finger-guns.jpg
139KB, 838x960px
>>32319755
>>have to explain to kids why you only get to see them once a month under state supervision

Lost
>>
>>32319810
Destroy 5% of town?
>>
>>32319839
Probably because that woman is ridiculously beautiful.
>>
my buddy just remodeled his house and noticed a 1x3 foot cavity in the wall behind his chimney

now he has a sliding gun rack that's completely invisible, and probably wont show up on thermal

I am jelly
>>
I keep my pistols in an ammo can I've put big thick eye rings through the sides of, and chain to the plumbing under my bathroom sink with a big thick chain. The one rifle I have, I keep the bolt in the ammo can and the rifle itself attached to my bed frame with a cable through the action.

I figure most thieves are looking to be in and out as fast as possible, trying to grab valuable portables. They'll have to spend some time working at both of those, and even if they have the means on them to cut the rifle's lock they'll still have to buy a bolt to render it functional.

When I get a safe, my plan is to bolt it to a couple hundred pounds of old weights to the bottom so it can't just be made off with. Not as good as bolting it to the floor, but I can't really bolt it to the floor.

Most of my theft prevention is not living in a shitty area in the first place.
>>
>>32311790

I never considered weight plates.

That's a great fucking idea.
>>
>>32319839

>Hot woman
>Oddly arousing
>>
>>32321292
they keep womanizing sexual objects, disgusting!
>>
>>32319798
This is exactly my situation as well. What is wrong with this?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.