[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you even prepare for this? Iraq just can't ca

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: moslu.png (438KB, 713x679px) Image search: [Google]
moslu.png
438KB, 713x679px
How would you even prepare for this? Iraq just can't catch a fucking break.

On the flip side, imagine the ops that would go down.

>http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/11/mosul-dam-collapse-worse-nuclear-bomb-161116082852394.html
>>
>>32310940
Nothing of value will be lost.
>>
>>32310940
Well, they could drain the lake.
>>
>>32310940
I don't believe them but we should test this theory by dropping a nuclear bomb on Mosul.
>>
>>32311063
Underrated post
>>
The day after the dam breaks, Kuwait will become a failed state.

No amount of preparation can help. The State Department has too many employees in Baghdad for an evacuation to be possible.

Saddam was a fucking mastermind. He built the dam as a timebomb
>>
>>32311131
>Saddam was a fucking mastermind. He built the dam as a timebomb

Saddam built this dam at the height of his power in '81 lol, only reason the second one didnt go up was because of sanctions

USA fucked up again
>>
>>32311120
You stupid faggot it can't be underrated if you're the next reply
>>
>US-allies about to be drown
>Ruskie-allies celeberating victory
Really makes me think.
>>
>>32312171
> only reason the second one didnt go up was because of sanctions

Or his massive military build up, corruption and general banana republic behavior.
>>
>>32310998
Now that IS has bulldozed the cradle of humanity, I'd be inclined to agree.
>>
>>32312324
>Or his massive military build up, corruption and general banana republic behavior.
or, you know... just wanting to be paid with something besides toiletpaper with ink on it....
Reagan and Saddamn were best buds, then Saddamn said to Bush, "I dont want any more of this fiat bullshit, I want Gold." US couldn't have that, because LOLnah who gonna feed the hawkbeeks?, and then DS happened.

think about it. You are getting oil for worthless paper, and are asked to actually give something of value for the same product. What do?
>>
>>32312450

>make a deal
>dont like it
>try ask for something else
>get told no
>chimp out

SADDAM DID NOTHING WRONG.
>>
>>32312474
Saddam was a saint.
>>
>>32312474
>>chimp out
>>32312506
pretty sure he just cut off oil supply/trade, and that kind of precedent is something the US just couldn't have OPEC start doing, hence DS. so try getting your facts str8 before going into autistic fits and samefagging

>Where is the Yellow Cake?
There is no delicious cake.
>>
>>32311063

Underrated post.
>>
>>32312506
If Saddam left one good thing behind it's that it was made clear that the ME requires men like him to keep all the durkas in check. Western "freedom" doesn't work over there when everyone wants to kill each other because of religious disagreements, not to mention it allows jihadist extremists to flourish.
>>
>>32312770
This. Arabs can't behave like civilized people. They need brutal dictators to keep them from chimping out.
>>
>>32312770
>we need a dictator to murder people or else the people might murder each other

?
>>
>>32312551
He fucking invaded Kuwait
>>
File: 1481123294948.jpg (313KB, 4685x2457px) Image search: [Google]
1481123294948.jpg
313KB, 4685x2457px
>>32311063
>>
>>32310940

You would prepare for it by building a second dam to catch the wave if the first failed. Which Saddam was trying to do before the first gulf war.

If the entire country wasn't infested with fucking terrorist tards, or if the Iraqi army had 1/2 the backbone and will to fight of any Western military they wouldn't be in this mess.

As it stands the Iraqi government COULD build the dam, they control where it would go. But "muh funding" and "muh ISIS" are keeping the political cock suckers from funding the second dam.

It's all a cash grab. A Gimme Gimme from the leaders of Iraq to the rest of the world. Amd we will give them the cash here shortly, just you wait. The same way the World Bank paid for an Italian ENGINEERING company to keep the first dam from breaking. When you are hiring, of all people, the Italians to do engineering work it's all a fucking shell game making a few people a quick buck.
>>
If it breaks then guess where all the displaced people will go? Straight up to Europe. We need to fix that dam so good that it'll never break.
>>
>>32312872
There would be peace and prosperity in the ME today if Saddam hadn't been murdered. Fact.
>>
>>32312872
Compare Iraq, Libya, Syria to how they were before US democracy was exported to them.
>>
>>32313391
They were strong, anti us country's.

Now they are weak anti us country's.

A win in my book.
>>
>>32313427
>A Globalist win in my book.
Europe and America are being eroded away by the results of what is happening in the ME, you think that's a win?
>>
>>32313473
Europe is, not america.

>you think thats a win

Why yes, yes i do.
>>
>>32313427
>thousands of americans lost their lives to hand over Iraq to Iran
mission accomplished, eh?
>>
As an engineer I can imagine the mayhem

But the asshole in me still wants to see it happen
>>
>>32312409
Cradle of civilization lol
>>
File: 1477864950541.jpg (500KB, 728x640px) Image search: [Google]
1477864950541.jpg
500KB, 728x640px
>>32311063
>>
>>32310940
>will be worse than a nuclear bomb
Is this a challenge?
>>
>pre "Freedom" Iraq
>build a massive dam that dramatically improved living conditions for everyone in the region

>post "Freedom" Iraq
>unable to even maintain said dam when its already been fucking built

There is a reason alot of older people in Iraq hated us for removing Saddam. People in the ME are going to kill eachother using secret police, torture people who disagree with them and oppress the shit out of anyone less numerous than themselves no matter what.

At least under Saddam they had infrastructure and his government had rules you can play by and probably not get black bagged.
>>
>>32312893

Kuwait was asking for it. Served them well.

Basically, Iraq went on fighting the war against Iran on behalf of the entire Sunni world. When trying to recover from the disastrous economic situation left by the massive spending undertaken during the conflict, the neighboring Sunni towelheads start asking for their loans back, unwilling to negotiate sustainable conditions.

Saddam did nothing wrong. If anything, he's been too soft on the Kuwaitis.
>>
File: tmp_14802-images-40249675.png (6KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_14802-images-40249675.png
6KB, 213x237px
>>32312302
>>
>>32312941

>When you are hiring, of all people, the Italians to do engineering work it's all a fucking shell game making a few people a quick buck.

you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. The Italians are shit at fighting and have no idea what an efficient state looks like, but engineering-wise, and especially when it comes to hydro power, they're up there with the best.
>>
>>32310940
Nothing of value was lost.
Also thanks murrica for killing Saddam. Not
>>
File: tumblr_nmknu08GfC1ricigio1_500.gif (1MB, 500x212px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmknu08GfC1ricigio1_500.gif
1MB, 500x212px
>>32311063
Fuck, that's quality bantz
>>
>>32310940
>caring if corrupt third world sandniggers die
WUT
>>
"The engineering company is also training local staff to use its technology."

And they're doomed.
>>
>>32310940
>Worse than a Nuclear Bomb

That's what you call Liberal bait click. There have been so many disaster events in history much worse than the nuclear bomb.
>>
>>32312941
Where are they going to build the 2nd dam? In Mosul? In the heart of ISIS territory in Iraq? There is a huge battle going on in Mosul right now that goes as far south as 30 miles into Qayarrah. Holy fuck guys. The Mosul dam has been in imminent danger of bursting for like 15 years, there is a popular mechanics article on it from the early 2000s.
>>
>>32311063
Clever girl.
>>
>>32312409
Craddle of humanity is Africa my dude.
>>
>>32316046
so its just everything else they suck at, but dams - they know dams?

you sound like a greasy dago wop.
>>
so, it prompts the question, "why hasn't daesh or whatever we're calling them today, blown the dam?"
>>
>>32317610
>He still believes in the out of afrika theory
>>
>>32317722
This.

The only reason that Venice is still above water is because they brought in some Dutchmen.
>>
>>32317610
>>32317755
>we wuz kangs
>>
>>32317755
>>32317774
samefag
>>
>>32317733
because without a semblance of popular support it can't exist. If they blow the dam and kills enough civvies there'll just be a new durka group that will use it as a rallying cry to take over and do the same shit
>>
Every new state goes through a period where people WANT to kill each other for dumb reasons, and the state's biggest task is to stop them. After a few generations citizens will forget what they were feuding over, the tribes will no longer have meaning, and the state can finally back off.

The worst part? Iraq's clock to modernity has been reset. The current generation of Iraqis has created millions of little feuds and unforgivable sins that can only be healed by the passing of time. You can't forgive something like your neighbor joining ISIS and killing your parents. It can only be solved by everyone involved dying of old age and your children forgetting it happened. That takes a while.
>>
>>32318362
>After a few generations citizens will forget what they were feuding over, the tribes will no longer have meaning, and the state can finally back off.
You are claiming ethnic fusion is inevitable? History disagrees with that claim.
>>
>>32317755
>>32317774
What mental gymnastics did you use to come to that conclusion?

Let me guess:

Brietbart.
>>
>>32318362
Worked out great for Yugoslavia until Papa Tito died, then it all went to hell.
>>
>>32316046
>engineering-wise, and especially when it comes to hydro power, they're up there with the best.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vajont_Dam

>On 9 October 1963, during initial filling, a massive landslide caused a man-made megatsunami in the lake in which 50 million cubic metres of water overtopped the dam in a 250 metres (820 ft) wave,[1] (see below) leading to the complete destruction of several villages and towns, and 1,917 deaths

>the complete destruction of several villages and towns, and 1,917 deaths

>during initial filling
>>
>>32310940
I'd put some popcorn on
>>
>>32320205

The dam is still standing, and sustained no damage, though.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.