[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone learn anything surprising about guns today? >was shooting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161208_151936965.jpg (63KB, 518x920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161208_151936965.jpg
63KB, 518x920px
Anyone learn anything surprising about guns today?
>was shooting 92FS earlier
>decide to try the C.A.R stance for shits and giggles because I always assumed it was tacticool bullshit.
>I shoot several rounds and I actually notice I'm controlling the recoil better
>>
File: testcompjpg.jpg (1MB, 1896x3208px) Image search: [Google]
testcompjpg.jpg
1MB, 1896x3208px
>>32303347
on the topic of stances
>i go to some my buddies house to shoot with him so we can fuckoff and do what we want.
>ive found out im just as accurate, im faster on the draw, and just as fast on the trigger when i shoot when i point shoot.

Ive also found out that
>filing down the top of the bullets jacket it will expand very well.
pic related.

2nd bullet from the left to right is a normal FMJ.
>>
File: experiment mk1.jpg (2MB, 1846x2812px) Image search: [Google]
experiment mk1.jpg
2MB, 1846x2812px
>>32304113
i forgot to add test bullet was .38 special 130 grain Winchester white box out of a 4" barrel.

Maximum expansion for our best result was .800 of an inch.
Maximum expansion for our worst result was .65 of an inch.

I should note we had one bullet fragment and loss most of its mass. (last one from left to right). I Cant tell you retained mass because i do not have a scale.

pic related: testing media
ignore the damage, we test a variety of ammunition unmodified after this(we did not document).

we also tested filing down the tip of 8mm Mauser bullets but we could not capture them even with 2 books and 3 rotten railroad ties and a 2x4. The extra material was only used in this test.
>>
bump because theses thread rarely get traction and im not sure why
>>
>>32304260
Filing down the tips of bullets basically turn them into hollow points. It's the same principle. Just buy hollow points or soft tips.
>>
>>32304463
soft tips. The point of the test was to see if it was worth it to shill out for standard pressure defense ammo. I think this is on par with them, heavier and it saves money.
>>
>>32304485
You didn't test for ballistics though, and I'm certain they would be compromised, whereas factory ammo made for that wouldn't.
>>
>>32304532
>they would be compromised
what do you mean?

Also forgot to say i was also curious if this would be viable for SHTF.
>>
>>32304598
Meh, if SHTF getting shot period by anything will probably kill someone because no medical care
>>
>>32304750
>getting shot period by anything will probably kill someone because no medical care

>physical damage
sure but alot of people have survived without real medical attention

>infection
I dont think so, i think we understand the importance of keeping wounds clean and what not to do.
>>
>>32304905

I'm not surprised how often shit gets infected, even in a non shtf situation. I use to work in the E.D. was not rare to see patients come in for a wound, come back later due to infection. Keeping a wound clean is common sense, we'd always joke that and how common sense is a super power, cause most ppl don't have it.
>>
>>32304965
ive honestly never had a wound get infected, my moms was a nurse so i guess it seems like common sense to me.

and ive had a variety of wounds
>had my finger cut off in a door
>fell off my bike and had a rock get lodged in my arm.
>my brother stabbed me with a knife
>ive cut myself while cleaning animals
>ive cut myself while in the middle of food prep
>ive had large gashes on my feet from walking bare foot
>ive had my arms cut all to hell from life.
>ive had all kinds of burns
>ive also had my toe nail fall off.

just to name a few and all ive ever done was rinse off with water and apply a bandaid. Sometimes ive just used a paper towel and duct tape.

is it really that common for people to get infected.
>>
>>32303347
>Anyone learn anything surprising about guns today?

Thumb over bore isn't a meme and it works Great for pistols
>>
>>32305280
hue
>>
>>32305280
>Great for pistols
you mean like AR pistols, right?
>>
>>32305194
If you practiced good hygiene liking bathing regularly with soap and water, or are adequately nourished infection doesn't usually happen. Most people who I've seen with wound infections tend to be people who think that personal hygiene and cleanliness is merely a suggestion, have some underlying peripheral vascular issue (such as those stemming from diabetes or chronic drug abuse) or are immunocompromised.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.