[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell do I load my shotgun, /k/? I have a 20 gauge Mossberg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: shotgun.jpg (100KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
shotgun.jpg
100KB, 500x333px
How the hell do I load my shotgun, /k/?
I have a 20 gauge Mossberg (not sure on exact model) and while I can portload, the magazine tube refuses to let me pop a shell in. I slide it and the magazine tube springs back a bit, but when the shell is about halfway in, the spring has no more give and won't move.

If someone breaks in I don't want to port load every shot. How do I load this darn thing?
>>
>>32299742
Oh don't worry OP it's just a stuck spring pin in your bolt, it happens to shotguns all the time. Just fill your bathtub with vinegar and leave your gun in there for a day or two and it should be loose.
>>
>>32299742
what country do you live in? there may be a pin or wood dowel that restricts access to the magazine tube. disassemble the mag tube and see if there is a piece of wood in it
>>
Take the plug out.
>>
Disassembled the magazine tube and see if there are and obstructions or limiting devices
>>
>>32299802
This
You migh have something artificially restricting the magazine
>>
>>32299767
Really?
>>32299802
USA. I will try to do so.
>>32299813
How do I do that?
>>
>>32299816
I will try that out.

It's a mossberg 5000 if that helps.
>>
>>32299827
Yes really. The plug isn't your problem you need to bathe it in vinegar to loosen up the spring pin
>>
>>32299827
VINEGAR WILL REMOVE THE BLUEING, DONT LISTEN TO THIS QUEER
>>
>>32299910
>>32299899
I won't do it. I just unscrewed the cap on the magazine tube but instead of moving the tube, my barrel flew right off. What in the world do I do?
>>
>>32299910
You're talking out your ass with made up words to sound smart, cmon blueing? That's not even real. OP don't listen to him he's just trying to get upboats like a faggot
Bathe it in vinegar or your shotgun won't work. And you'll always have problems with it in the future.
>>
>>32299917
You have to bend in the little flaps of metal at the bottom of the barrel, the parts that attach to the receiver. They aren't getting a good hook on it so bend them inwards.
>>
>>32299925
So I just popped a shell in with the cap/barrel off and a big long wooden stick came out the end of the magazine tube. Should I put it back in? My shell is loaded in place now.
>>
>>32299931
Yes put that back in. But it won't go back in the way it came you have to put it through the barrel
There's a slot it goes through to go back in place
>>
File: em load.png (40KB, 369x369px) Image search: [Google]
em load.png
40KB, 369x369px
sorry for bad engrush
if a dindu breaks your home OP and you cant load the gun you can always do an emergency load, open the ejection port if its closed and put a shell directly in the chamber then pull the fore end forward and you will have the weapon loaded in about 1 sec. if your reloading mechanism has problems that should do for any emergency situation
>>
>>32299931
Remove stick, reassemble you should now have a functional mag tube.
I wouldn't load it now though, you should really get some range time with it first because you sound like you know very little about guns
>>
>>32299933
I left it out. It's the entire length of the magazine tube, some kind of plug.
>>32299941
I know about port loading, but thank you anyways my friend.
>>32299948
You're right, I don't know much about them. I don't plan to keep it loaded, I just purchased this and besides knowing the basic safety rules, did not know about this weird plug thing. I'm keeping it unloaded, just wanted to figure out how to load it, or if it was broken somehow. Thank you all for you help!
>>
>>32299931
>So I just popped a shell in with the cap/barrel off and a big long wooden stick came out the end of the magazine tube. Should I put it back in?

>i just fixed the problem
>should i unfix the problem?
>>
>>32299910
This. Don't do it OP - keep your bluing. It's like people who say the microwave will charge your phone... -__-

https://youtu.be/AHmZzsLSZLE
Watch this. I'm assuming it's much similar to your 20ga
>>
>>32299983
Fucking white knight faggot go back to redit faggot
>>
>>32300000
I don't care if you got quints, fuck off fag
>>
>>32300027
No u. Disrespectful cunt where do you think you are? You have to czechem
>>
Vinegar. Kek. These fucks is craze.
>>
>>32299838
>mossberg 5000
Can I see your cool future shotgun, time-travelling friendo?
>>
>>32299742
>did you try turning it off and then back on?
Take the weapon apart and clean it, with special attention to the magazine tube. This >>32299767 anon is wise beyond his/her/xis/xer/xeir years.
>>
>>32300033
what the fuck autistic shit is kek promoting
>>
>>32299742
Google the owner's manual for your gun you autist.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.