[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do police departments/military groups let you wear gloves while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (47KB, 640x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 640x445px
Do police departments/military groups let you wear gloves while qualifying with a pistol?

>tfw hands are almost always sweaty as fuck
>tfw have to readjust grip each time after firing
>tfw small hands that don't hold a full sized pistol securely

People have suggested after market grip tape but I heard PDs sometimes won't let you modify your firearm.
>>
>>32299227

I don't see why not, but you'd have to check to be sure.
>>
File: wtf am i reading 2.jpg (70KB, 460x444px) Image search: [Google]
wtf am i reading 2.jpg
70KB, 460x444px
Stick the grip tape to your hands instead
>tfw it's not against the rules
>>
File: 1468803102762.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468803102762.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>32299227
Chalky calcium climbing dust, skin will be dry as desert sand but also baby smooth.

I had the same issue for a long time, I found that the same problems persist in rock climbing and my bro turned me onto the chalk based hand powders.

Just don't use talcum or premixed body powders as they contain moisturizer and fragrance junk that becomes gummy with sweat.
>>
>>32299227
Marines let me shoot with gloves on. That's what shooting gloves are for.
Last agency i did a pistol qual for demanded that i qual with gloves on, if i planned on wearing gloves during winter.
>>
Thanks anons, I'll check in with the state academy to see if I can use chalk or gloves for the state qual.

Also, any reccomendations on shooting gloves?
>>
Are you always going to be wearing gloves/have chalked hands in the field? If no, then you shouldn't qual with them. Fight how you train and train how you fight.
>>
File: LEO Qualifications NYS.png (22KB, 692x380px) Image search: [Google]
LEO Qualifications NYS.png
22KB, 692x380px
>>32299227
Anon, I have watched officers pass qualifications without having fired a shot since the last time they qualified and while bagged.

The last time we qualified we were surrounded by a swarm of giant wasps. Nobody had any trouble.

The only time anyone had trouble was that one time we had to qualify in a blizzard. Which was fucking retarded and what happens when you leave things to the last minute.

Just calm the fuck down and shoot. Your sweaty hands aren't going to ruin it for you and nobody is going to notice or care compare to whatever firearms ignorant dipshit manages to completely fuck up.
>>
>>32299227
>Do police departments/military groups let you wear gloves while qualifying with a pistol?

We have no rule against it. In fact we have no range rule that mentions gloves at all. Most of our qualification is done outdoors in the summer or indoors in the winter. I've never seen anyone wearing glove. Given how cold it can get here in the winter, we should have a winter glove portion of the qualification, but, that will never happen.
>>
>>32305695
I'm not familiar with the scoring, is this saying that out of 50 rounds at 25yd and below, you only have to put 35 on target?
>>
>>32299227
>Hands always sweaty
>Hands too small to grip a glock 19/17, beretta m9, or sig

You sound like a nervous manlet who maybe shouldnt be handling firearms while getting paid by our tax dollars
>>
File: B_27_PR_full.jpg (42KB, 400x786px) Image search: [Google]
B_27_PR_full.jpg
42KB, 400x786px
>>32305735
Yes. I believe the target area is within the 8, 9, and X rings on a silhouette target, but the 7 ring might also count.

I generally score up around the top, so I honestly don't remember anymore.
>>
File: Flag of Serbia.png (14KB, 255x170px) Image search: [Google]
Flag of Serbia.png
14KB, 255x170px
fucking Croats fuck off
>>
>>32299227
Yes, at least the unit I'm in does.
>>
>>32305751
I think you mean handlet
>>
File: 1480391962726.jpg (208KB, 1024x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480391962726.jpg
208KB, 1024x720px
>>32299227
>>tfw small hands that don't hold a full sized pistol securely
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.