[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What military inventions or innovations have they made in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: map_of_china.jpg (147KB, 480x455px) Image search: [Google]
map_of_china.jpg
147KB, 480x455px
What military inventions or innovations have they made in the last 1000 years?

They have a higher population than Europe and the United States combined, so they must have achieved something of value.
>>
computers
>>
They made a bunch of sand island bases I guess.
>>
>>32295874

repeating cross bow,
first cannons using gunpowder

more recently
probably making weapons systems that are 80% as good for 1/5 the cost of bloated western defense contractors
>>
I think viable gunpowder weapons was still in the last thousand years.

I mean, the Chinese weren't the only ones working on it, and not all of it was done in the last 1000 years, but they still made a pretty big contribution to the field.
>>
File: ULTIMTE WEPON1.png (6KB, 470x143px) Image search: [Google]
ULTIMTE WEPON1.png
6KB, 470x143px
What are modular crossbows?
Gunpowder, rockets, guns, everything that goes boom comes from china.
>>
They are going to own this century. You are already fucked you useless westerner
>>
>>32295874
The commies have done shit but kill their own people and commit numerous crimes.

Chinese peasants have bodged together helicopters from scrap, however. One of them built a submarine by hand and uses it for his salvage work. Its interesting to think that chinese peasants are more capable than the actual communist military at having a functional navy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMT4gd_TFFE
>>
>>32295902
This. Ids breddy gool agchully.
>>
>>32295950

no they arent you dumb bitch mother fucker. india will own the century. india will be a superpower by the year 2030 and we will fuck china up good.
>>
Rockets and gunpowder.
>>
>>32295874
Innovation comes from war fighting and China hasn't had a decent fight since the computer age kicked into high gear.

Hell just their doctrine shows this, they lack the decentralized command necessary for effective maneuver warfare. Their NCOs might as well not be NCOs, a common sign of combat inexperience that you see all over the world which of course also reflects in engineering.
>>
>>32296002
India suffers from similar problems to China, neither will be running anything.

When Russian energy and other aspects of industry becomes fully independent from western contractors and critical manufacturing they will be the next super power.
Assuming they do not implode from political stress.
>>
>>32295874
It's important to consider that, for whatever reason, a culture tends to have one or two periods of what they can call a "golden age." Very rarely do you ever see a people rise to the status of world leader more than once in all of history. The Chinese have an EXTREMELY ancient history, and their last golden age ended in about 1280, nearly 800 years ago.

There's some sort of collective conscious that dictates it, but needless to say, with Chinese culture being what it is today, it's going to be a long time again before they have another golden age.
>>
>>32295874
i read that they invented chest rigs, is that true?
>>
>>32295874
Serious answer time.

1. Gunpowder, and the first use of gunpower weapons. Until the 1350's China arguably had the best gunpowder weapons in the world. Then the Ming dynasty decided to be retarded and shut down technological progression in favor of whatever the fuck. By the time of the Japanese invasion of Korea in 1592, the Portuguese guns the Japanese had were better than the Chinese guns.

2. Interchangable parts. Due to having better casting technology than everyone else (again, until the 1450's), the Chinese military could produce interchangeable parts. The main application of this is in their crossbows, where crossbows from one armory could use parts from another.

3. Mass production. Blast furnaces and standardized units allowed the Chinese to do early mass production of weapons and armor. They could make better steel cheaper than everyone else, and combined with interchangeable parts above, allowed the Chinese to make hundreds of thousands of crossbows when needed.

4. "Modern" Conscription. Points 2 and 3 meant that the Chinese could produce lots of crossbows very cheaply, which meant you could arm lots of barely trained peasants with crossbows and have them not be a complete embarrassment in the field. Cheap guns allowed Revolutionary France to do Levee en Masse in a similar fashion.

Medieval Chinese armies would consist of a small core of professional soldiers with melee weapons, and a swarm of peasants with crossbows. Compared to other Medieval wars, wars in China would last a lot longer and kill a lot more people. If an European King fucked a battle and lost his cadre of knights, the war was over, because Knights can't be replaced quickly. If a Chinese warlord lost a battle, he would retreat, throw some crossbows at the peasants, then go at it again.

So the answer is "quite a lot", but China never took the step of industrializing because what they had was good enough for all their neighbors. Then Europeans showed up.
>>
>>32296002
Until their class divide tears them apart

(or Pakistan and India just blow each other up)
>>
>>32296986
>Russia
>next superpower

kek
>>
File: Mao (2).jpg (81KB, 791x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Mao (2).jpg
81KB, 791x1010px
Innovations in Infiltration and Guerrilla tactics.
>>
File: Chinese_Multistage_Rocket.jpg (87KB, 660x873px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese_Multistage_Rocket.jpg
87KB, 660x873px
Rocket bombs, aerodynamic wings and explosive payloads, multi-stage rockets, land mines, MRLS, rocket launchers. flamethrowers...

>>32297309

There's a path for them, but it has nothing to do with their character or strength of their people. Around 2035 forward, more or less, they will have a more and more farmland as permafrost retreats, while big parts of the world starves. That's without taking into account the new trade routes and resources in the Arctic Sea.
>>
>a new battlefield game goes back to modern warfare
>India and China are playable factions
Makes me curious if those two could actually fight each other
>>
>>32297090
Yup invented in the 50's, though nobody seems to admit this fully. Everyone else was still using web gear before this thing hit the scene.
>>
>>32295874

They've outlasted the Greek Empire, Roman Empire, British Empire, and soon the American Empire.

Ancient states know that flashy weapons don't mean shit if those states end up dying a few hundred years later.
>>
File: leabbot.jpg (23KB, 274x366px) Image search: [Google]
leabbot.jpg
23KB, 274x366px
>>32298208
>American Empire
bahahahahaha
>>
>>32298208
if we're going by land lost, and you insist that China never lost any land at its biggest extent, then you can easily dismiss that using the examples of parts of Kazakhstan and Mongolia
>>
>>32298208
>comparing a geographical region to a nation
>>
>>32298208
til only china has only ever been one nation. And never had any dynasty changes and mongols never happened and the country peaceful chose to just go communist with no revolution or shift in government
>>
>>32300857

Europe is one big mess. Nords making their way to north africa, turks to central europe, etc. It's one big whirlpool, hence all the ethnic strife.

Changing government types is meaningless. The people and culture is still there. Always united throughout history. China will always be China, a world player. Whereas everyone else will crumble away.

I'm sure when the United African States create a neutron bomb in the year 2100, China will still be there, and outlast them too.
>>
>>32301139
>The people and culture is still there.
tell that to Mao.

1.3 billion people and they haven't contributed anything of substance since 1500.
>>
>>32295979
*tips fedora*

The government is YOUR FRIEND.
>>
>>32298208
Current chinese state is about 70 years old. The US is older in a way. As is the UK.
>>
>>32295950
>>32296986
Both India and china are shit and Russia will run them into the ground.
>>
Supercomputers
GM rice
AI development
Genetic research
Cloning
3d printed homes
Hypsersonic ballistic glide vehicles
Vaping
Quantum satellites
Xray mapping satellites for deep space navigation
>>
One Chinese shill has arrived [spoiler]look at the post above me[/spoiler] and I expect a few more before this day is done.
>>
>>32301592

> vaping
>>
I'm mostly confused to why we would have anything to benefit from being buddies with Russia instead of China. If we're gonna ally with some asian commies why pick the weakest one?
>>
>>32295915
>making weapons systems that are 80% as good for 1/5 the cost
If the Chinese are remembered for one thing only, it should be this.
>>
>>32301652

During the Cold War, the Chinese were the weaker one. A full alliance between Russia and China is a major threat, no matter what shape it takes.
>>
>>32296002
India has cultural problems that will absolutely torpedo it's economic development. Poo/loo is only the beginning. It's got the welfare statism issues of the west combined with third-world poverty; without western creativity or efficient Asian authoritarian capitalism.

China will rise slower than the hype, but it will rise. India is going to coast, the good parts of Africa are developing faster.
>>
>>32301158
Yo modern rockets (the ones that fucking went to moon)? You could thank a chink for that.
>>
>>32301230
Only if it's orange with a blonde toupe.
>>
>>32303732
Good, I like the Chinese, they are crafty and hilariously batshit insane.

Also, spring rolls.
>>
>>32303326
>A full alliance between Russia and China is a major threat, no matter what shape it takes.
>implying this will ever happen given the political animosity between the two nations
for that you can thank Mao acting like a vindictive, spoiled brat
>>
>>32303373
They have severe brain drain. There are so many Indian families moving to the US because it's such a clusterfuck in India.
>>
>>32296002
kek, I rather see china come into to power than india. video really related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0b2LGf9jM
>>
>>32295915
>80% as good
Oh I'm laffin
>>
>>32303732
Anon you are a retarded chinese paid commenter or just incredibly stupid or both.

Modern rockets use liquid propellants. The only similarity with chinese fireworks is that they are tube shaped and go up.
>>
>>32295979
we arr rive in a yerrow submarine
>>
>>32298208
>They've outlasted
>A relatively new nation with a lot of issues that threaten their stability

There are individual human beings that are older than China.
>>
>>32295950
They are occupied too much with maintaining order internally and maintaining the capability to defend itself against the major nations that surround it.

The extent of Chinese influence abroad will probably be naval power projection in the Indian ocean.

They have a lot on their plate and if they over extend they will go the way of the Soviets and [COLLAPSE]
>>
>>32296002
Let me know when India finally pushes through the massive administrative reform, economic reform and infrastructure projects they need to not be a crushingly poor, overpopulated, literal shit hole.
>>
>>32296986
Unless the Trump administration goes full retard, Russia will be remain contained by NATO militarily and cucked by American gas economically.
>>
>>32297470
> Around 2035 forward, more or less, they will have a more and more farmland as permafrost retreats, while big parts of the world starves.

I haven't considered this. Any sources on how suitable the newly available land would actually be?
>>
>>32297363
This.

Korean War light infantry tactics used by PVA is still analysed and taught today in Westpoint and other military academies.
>>
File: Anti Air Ballistic Missile.png (2MB, 1706x1558px) Image search: [Google]
Anti Air Ballistic Missile.png
2MB, 1706x1558px
>>32301592
Also,

The AABM - Anti Air Ballistic Missile
>>
>>32303732
rockets are older then 500 years
>>
File: Mandarin Duck Formation 1.jpg (200KB, 1265x663px) Image search: [Google]
Mandarin Duck Formation 1.jpg
200KB, 1265x663px
Small unit tactics.
>>
>>32295915
>first cannons using gunpowder
first guns using cannon powder
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.