[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /k/ first time posting here so I'm not sure if this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0078.jpg (534KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0078.jpg
534KB, 1000x1000px
Hello /k/ first time posting here so I'm not sure if this is the right board for this...anyway how would someone go about making an armor like this, minus the mask, that is actually bulletproof? I've seen a bunch of people recommend motocross body armor but that's no bulletproof, any way to make it bulletproof or make something else like this, I'm just looking for a good lightweight bulletproof armor that looks kinda stylish ya know? Any help will be appreciated
>>
>>32295090
First of all, look up standard bulletproof armor and tell me if it's sleek and form fitting.
>>
>>32295090
you'd be taking chunks of larger plates and cobbling it together into whatever form you need

said plates also cost a shitload if you want the light ones. heavy ones are much cheaper. all will be thick.
>>
>>32295090
What kind of bulletproof? Against pistol calibers? Against rifle calibers?

Either way, it isn't going to be form fitting.
>>
File: IMG_0115.jpg (238KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0115.jpg
238KB, 533x800px
>>
File: IMG_0116.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0116.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
Something like this, anything like that possible? Sorry I'm pretty new to all this weapons and armor stuff, it's more for a shtf kind of scenario
>>
>>32295182
Yeah OP, you just need a pinch of fairy dust and two bottles of unobtanium and you're set.
>>
>>32295223
Just wondering man, I'm new to all this stuff and figured it would be somewhat possible, no need to be rude
>>
>>32295285
You can get kind of close.
>>
>>32295285
Maybe if you researched your retarded idea before asking to be spoonfed you'd be met with open arms?
>>
>>32295090
If you wanted to be bulletproof you'd be looking at Level III+ ballistic plates and a carrier for them. It'll be heavy and unwieldy, but it'll catch anything up to a .308. Your boy Deathstroke up there is wearing what appears to be biking or paintball armor, designed to deflect bumps and bruises and falls, not rifle rounds. Notice how his armor is basically just covering his upper torso and upper arms. Despite the cool aesthetic, this would be a bad set of armor to choose in a real firefight.

To answer your question shortly; no, there's no such thing as stylish, lightweight body armor that will keep you alive, which is kind of the deal; you don't tend to give a shit about whether your armor flatters your body if it's keeping your ass alive.
>>
File: 1415810137154.jpg (325KB, 960x540px)
1415810137154.jpg
325KB, 960x540px
bullet proof?

this is as close as an individual can get
>>
>>32296684
>Literal Achilles heel
His shin needs protection
>>
File: den-bravo-kopaskhas-tni-au.jpg (76KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
den-bravo-kopaskhas-tni-au.jpg
76KB, 640x640px
>>32295090
>>
File: 1480867286848.gif (728KB, 480x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480867286848.gif
728KB, 480x200px
>>32295285
>Asking anyone on 4chan not to be rude
>>
In the light of current scientific and technical knowledge, your idea is pure science-fiction and 100% not feasible.

now git.
>>
File: thetrojan.jpg (18KB, 218x404px) Image search: [Google]
thetrojan.jpg
18KB, 218x404px
>>32295090
Look up project Grizzly, and the Trojan armour (pic related). Supposed to be bear proof, you could implement armoured plates, but as has been said above, it would be extremely heavy and unwieldy if you use thick plates, and not much better if you use lighter plates.

Furthermore, you would need to carry pre-cut spare plates to replace the damaged ones, which makes it even more of a weight issue, and theres still the issue of your arm/leg/balls getting smashed to fuck by a large caliber round, even if it doesnt penetrate, youre gunna be hurting real bad.

Lastly, is the opportunity cost worth it? You may be able to firm some .223, pistol rounds or a couple 7.62 at best, but you would be massively immobile, and a very easy target to outflank, not to mention your fighting order (weapon, magazines, utility kit, etc) added to the weight. Youd also be sweating like a bitch after 100 metres, and would have to take the whole thing off just to take a dump.
Whereas the opportunity cost is a chest rig, heavy plate covering vital organs, much greater mobility and much less impediment. So its a bit of a no brainer.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.