[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm left eye dominant but right handed. How do I deal with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4553.jpg (241KB, 1000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4553.jpg
241KB, 1000x1600px
I'm left eye dominant but right handed. How do I deal with this whole shooting?

Am I supposed to have both eyes open?
>>
>>32290173
Generally you're supposed to have both eyes open anyways, but that wouldn't help you much at all.
Your best bet is to either tough it out and shoot righty like normal, and try and get used to having a dominant right eye.
Your only other choice is to shoot like a lefty totally and get used to using your left arm.
That's only rifles though, if you're only shooting a pistol you can just hold the gun righty and move it to the left of your face.
>>
>>32290173
The only option is suicide. I'm left eye dominant and right handed. I sold all my guns as soon as I found out and amputated my trigger finger on each hand.
>>
>>32290265
This. I actually removed my dick and ate all of my guns once I found out.
>>
>>32290173
What you have is called cross-dominance and much-discussed by everyone. Google it?
>>
>>32290375
I want to hear what /k/ says. You guys have more amusing opinions.
>>
>>32290173

Simple short-term solution worth testing: Put patch over the left eye. Piece of cartboard pinned under hat rim in such way that it blocks left eye is field-tested (*) the cheap-ass way of doing it.

(*) Tested while teaching few thousand collage kids the basics of rifle shooting. The cheap-ass method works for grand majority of those who have cross dominance.
>>
>>32290479
Fair.

imo, buy ambi rifles and learn to leftyshoot. You should be training both sides/arms anyways if you can, and you can't exactly fix eye dominance unless/until you get cyborg eyes.
>>
Jesus Christ you guys are dumb. Just wear a patch over your left eye for a few weeks, problem solved. Ocular dominance isn't hardwired.
>>
File: IMG_4941.jpg (33KB, 252x223px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4941.jpg
33KB, 252x223px
>>32290353
It's just what you do.
>>
File: young hickock.jpg (104KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
young hickock.jpg
104KB, 960x541px
I am right handed, left eye dominant, but it doesn't bother me at all.

I can easily turn my head slightly to line up my left eye when shooting pistols.

For rifles, I just use my right eye because I have no other way of shooting them. Felt weird at first but now it's fine.

Does that make me left eye dominant with pistols and right eye dominant with rifles? I'm not really sure.
>>
>>32290603
I am like him and I do the same. Sucks that I can't do clays with both eyes open, or I see 3 barrels
>>
>>32290173
Tilt your head a bit more
>>
>>32290173
First of all, google 'cross eye dominance' like other anon suggested.

I'm also right handed left eye dominant. Started shooting aiming with my dominant eye, then, as I was practicing for speed, unbeknownst to myself, switched to right eye somewhere in the middle, got quite puzzled by that by kept the habit.

It's not really a big deal, keep on shooting and you'll see which is your way.

One advice I was given while still aiming with left eye - don't bend your wrists, move your shoulder blades instead.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.