[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>$26 for some springs I'm not doubting their effectiveness,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: springs.png (88KB, 696x393px) Image search: [Google]
springs.png
88KB, 696x393px
>$26 for some springs

I'm not doubting their effectiveness, they definitely work as advertised...but couldn't I just go to Home Depot and get these for like $5?
>>
>>32289547
Sure, if you get springs that match the exact characteristics of what you need.
>>
>>32289618
I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible to get the specific springs from a hardware store or are these some sort of proprietary weight or whatever.
>>
It's bullshit... If they don't list their spring rates, there is no reason to buy...
>>
>>32289793
if you wanted to make those springs on your own you are going to spend alot more than 26 dollars. if its that much of a burden live with the stock trigger.
>>
>>32289818
wtf i hate springs now
>>
>>32289898

Kindly shut up, you teenaged asshole.

This anon raises a good point. You need to know the tension rating and steel quality in order to gauge which buffer you're throwing into your build. Just ask questions if you don't understand shit and stop acting like this is a video game discussion or something faggy like that. Please.
>>
>>32289793
yes go to home depot and buy some springs, absolutely no difference from what Apex sells.
>>
>>32289913
>buffer
>build
You realize that is a spring for a handgun, right?
>>
>>32289828
>>32289914
I already bought the kit and have it installed, for the record, I don't mind paying extra to be provided springs that are guaranteed to improve my trigger.

It was just an idle thought because I wanted to see if there are other springs I could use in a pinch should mine fail or I want to try something different, you autists need to calm down.
>>
>>32289913
>>
They are not hardware store springs. They are engineered to have the exact dimensions and strength that they do, and made on a lathe to those exact specifications.

Is 26 overpriced? Yes. But at least have some appreciation for everything that goes into these from R&D to testing to fabrication.
>>
>>32289918

You're high, right? The sentiment remains exactly the same. You would check the quality of the metal used to make sure you aren't spending your hard earned samolians on a rewound mattress coil from Beijing being labeled as an aftermarket competition grade upgrade kit. The alternative sounds like you're trying to say something like every knife you buy at walmart is identical to any other knife from a top tier manufacturer because they're the same size. Steel quality matters a fuckload, especially if this anon actually shoots his MP
>>
>>32289945
Bullshit just wrap a straightened paperclip around a pencil and it should work.
>>
>>32289974
Go ahead and make your own product like that and see how it goes.
>>
>>32289974
don't need to faggot because I bought a Glock not a shitty M&P that requires hundreds of dollars of aftermarket parts just to make it usable.
>>
>>32289547
>but couldn't I just go to Home Depot and get these for like $5?
Sure, do it. See how that works out.

a spring =/= the spring you need.
>>
File: ap280869892811_0.jpg (41KB, 680x440px) Image search: [Google]
ap280869892811_0.jpg
41KB, 680x440px
>>32289547

typical M&P customers, so poor he tries to save $10 on springs
>>
>>32290000
You don't need springs because you already lost your hands.
>>
>>32289934
>>32289547
no you can't do that
They wouldn't make them and sell them if someone already did
>>
>>32289934
glock striker springs work just as well... I have one in my jacked with M&P9 to fix light strikes.
>>
>>32289547
>>32289793

Have you ever heard the saying, in regard to pharmaceuticals mainly, that each pill costs about 20 cents, but the first pill cost $15 million? Welcome to front-ended business with small scale production.

If you actually want to make springs, I hear that music wire works great, like you buy for metal guitar strings. The key is forming it into a coil in the first place, though.
>>
>>32289547
There made for firearms not the screen door
>>
File: busta.png (62KB, 635x349px) Image search: [Google]
busta.png
62KB, 635x349px
>>32289547
>what is R&D
>what is testing

I can easily tell you're the kind of person that sucks dick at shooting and thinks you can buy skill i.e a trigger kit to better their shooting.

Keep making pizza box sized groups at 7 yards and complaining about the trigger on your M&P while you pin the trigger inbetween shots like the scrublord you are.
>>
>>32289547
Dude, they're gucci. Like all things AR related if it ain't gucci it's garbage.
>>
File: 1478396226082.jpg (98KB, 595x629px) Image search: [Google]
1478396226082.jpg
98KB, 595x629px
>>32289974
Not everything can be as superiorly engineered as the AK.

>>32290000
>Bought a glock and not an FNS in the current year

Behind on the trends there ey bucko. Have fun spending hundreds turning it into almost an FNS, pic related.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.