[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halp /k/ I have a ccw from Kentucky where I live I went into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 058b434c.jpg (53KB, 480x371px) Image search: [Google]
058b434c.jpg
53KB, 480x371px
Halp /k/

I have a ccw from Kentucky where I live

I went into a gas station in Ohio where I work and was waiting in line to buy delicious donuts. Kentucky has full reciprocity with Ohio.

I looked up on the wall and picture related was hanging up. I've also seen this sign in a few restaurants in Ohio that have bars in them.

Ohio recently changed their ccw laws for establishments serving alcohol so that ccw holders are allowed to carry in them

So what gives with the signs?
>>
>>32286845
https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/ohio/

Here you go OP. Also, do you live in the Cincinnati area? And what kind of donuts did you get?
>>
>>32286845
I once saw someone wearing white after labor day but I didnt go make a post on 4chan about it.
>>
>>32286845

The laws are basically that you aren't allowed to carry in any place who's primary function is to serve alcohol.
>>
>>32287233
Pretty sure you did anon.

>>32287233
As proof
>>
>>32287246
You can in Best Carolina
>>
>>32286845
The sign doesn't mention a CCW and states that you "may" be in violation.
The law changed because places like Chipotle sell bottles of bear but they're hardly a bar or place where people go to hang out and get buzzed. So to make the law easier to follow, rather than a "I gotcha" because this place had a bottle of beer under the counter etc.. they changed the law. So with a CCW you can carry someplace serving alcohol but iirc (might want to double check me) you can still only carry in a place that makes less than half it's money from alcohol. So you still can't carry into a straight up bar.

Even Kroger has wine tastings on the weekends so according to the old law you wouldn't have been committing a crime to CCW inside a Kroger even though Kroger doesn't give a shit if you CCW. Hopefully that clarifies things.
>>
>>32288437
>so according to the old law you wouldn't have been committing
*would

Anyway, just don't drink while carrying or hang out in bars with your gun and you'll be fine.
>>
>>32288417
Which one is best? South here, i hate this place.
>>
>>32286845
The law was changed, the sign hanging at many places has not. You can carry your CCW at places that serve alcohol, but you cannot imbibe any while carrying your pistol. You did nothing wrong, carry on my southernly neighborino.
>>
>>32288521
This is the jist of the new law, I wanna say this changed took effect a couple years ago. you can CCW into places that sell and/or serve alcohol, but if you purchase/partake in any alcohol it becomes a crime with an added firearms charge since you committed the crime while armed.
>>
>>32288437
Is it still a felony for a ccw holder to carry in a liquor store?
>>
If the carrier isn't drinking what the fuck does it even matter if they go in a bar?
>>
>>32288749
Ohio has had some strange liberal influenced gun laws. Regular injections of reality have greatly reduced stupidity over the years.
>>
File: Blog_ATFStore.jpg (50KB, 379x241px) Image search: [Google]
Blog_ATFStore.jpg
50KB, 379x241px
>>32288702
I really don't know but I would carry in a liquor store and may have, can't remember. I probably have. They're just little family owned shops usually. If they do tastings they're generally private. Actually, now that I think about it there was an ATF store somewhere, probably not Ohio though.
>>
>>32286845
Come to NV... we need to make this state Red. Carrying in bars is no problem, you can actually be too drunk to drive but not drunk enough to not carry.

>DUI is .08% BAC
>CCW is .1% BAC

Come, and be thirsty /k/ommando
>>
>>32288779
This,
There were negotiations with the CCW roll out a little over a decade ago. People have realized that compromises in the way the laws were introduced did more harm than good, caused pointless manipulation of the guns at bad times or just made the laws hard to follow etc... They've been steadily improved for a decade.
>>
>>32288816
I have family in Mt gilead and last time I visited I went to the bottle shop and saw one of those signs posted. Bout shat a brick. Hard to believe minnesota had/has better gun laws than ohio
>>
>>32286845
>Living around Cincitucky

Just
>>
>>32288860
but dat goldstar and skyline tho
>>
>>32288893
""""chili"""" on sketti, ewww.
>>
>>32288417
Aren't places that serve liquor in North Carolina "private clubs"?
>>
>>32288905
Man chili over noodles is fucking good.
>>
File: th (16).jpg (17KB, 301x240px)
th (16).jpg
17KB, 301x240px
>>32288927
>>
>>32288935
I do not deny this, I mean, look where we are.
>>
>>32288893
skyline is my fucking life bro
milford senpai here
>>
>>32288893
Goldstar is so much better than skyline. So what if I'm the only person in Ohio that seems to think so.
>>
>>32288893
Also, Price Hill is the most authentic "Cincinnati" chili and it's like... very clearly depression era food.
>>
>>32286845
>actual incarceration

as opposed to what? citizen's arrest?
>>
>>32288994
>>32289018
They both have a slight twist on how they make their chili, and I like both for what they are and how they do it.

>>32289029
I'll have to try Price Hill next time I am in the Cinci area.
>>
>>32288935
you probably stick foreign objects up your ass every chance you get but chili mac is degenerate?
Making a pot of chili right now and gonna pour it over some type of noodles to eat during the game.
>>
>>32289090
Cinnamon sticks belong in an ass, not chili, you sick fuck.
>>
>>32286845
I wonder what all the /k/ids here think about CCW while out drinking with friends. Is there anyone here who thinks this is a good idea or is banning me from getting shitfaced while armed INFRINGEMENT INFRINGEMENT INFRINGEMENT !!11!!1!!!
>>32289213
Took a quick piss with a little cinnamon on my hands once, that is something I won't ever do again.
I can't begin to imagine how painful having the oil from a stick rubbing your colon would be. I bet it would end up in an emergency room maybe even life saving surgery and shitting into a bag for life.
>>
>>32289074
Drove to price Hill to try it and glad I did. It's just a little old person restaurant with mediocre food but it's the oldest chilibplace in Cincinnati so you gotta try it. The chili is not so good though, finely ground beef in thin tomato sauce. Straight outta the depression.
>>
>>32287225
Union Kentucky

I work for Csx out of Cincinnati and go all over Ohio
>>
>>32288893
>>32288994
>>32289018
>>32289029
>>32289074
>not coming across the river for superior Dixie chili
>>
File: rvXHP3x.png (948KB, 2864x1669px)
rvXHP3x.png
948KB, 2864x1669px
>kentucky
>>
>>32288921
Only if they don't serve food too.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.