[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Live in California >Finally save up enough to buy an AR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: dawson-crying[1].jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
dawson-crying[1].jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>Live in California
>Finally save up enough to buy an AR before the bullet button ban
>Local shop only has $900 M&P 15s
>Find one online for $640, call shop to ask what their transfer fee is
>Transfer fee is $75 but they stopped accepting transfers of ARs on the first of December
>Call another shop, their fee is $100
>Third shop is closed, yelp says they have lower fees than anyone else in the area but wont find out until tomorrow
I fucking hate this state.
>>
>>32282033
Why are you not building an ar instead?
Seems like it's easier to get an 80% lower, buy an upper and slap them together without the shitty 10 day wait
>>
>>32282033

>drive to a neighboring state
>buy AR
>return home

How is this hard?
>>
>live in california
>be a stupid poorfag who hasnt seen this for years coming
>not just buying a lower reciever like a non-cuck

You get what you deserve, you idiotic panic buyer. You clearly have no idea what you are doing. Get fucked. Learn to market forces, the gun shops need to make money too you fuckwit and not by subsiziding your dumb ass when they could actually be selling guns for a profit.
>>
>>32282300
you've never bought a gun before, have you?
>>
>>32282342

I don't think OP ever has, either, to be fair.
>>
>>32282342

Where in my post did I mention filling out a 4473?

I've bought many guns, about half of them were private sales involving complete strangers and zero identification. Be polite, exchange money, don't ask questions, deal's done.
>>
>>32282115
Yeah but most beople don't have machines/the tools required, and the investment isn't worth it to them.
>>
>>32282563
not to mention the skills or knowledge, though I can't say it's very esoteric. before I started machining in a college course I'm finishing up now, I never though of such a concept as "cutting speeds" and whether or not I should use coolant, I just assumed no one did and no one cared. machining an accurate blue print on a mill is also WAY hard with only the use of a micrometer dial and no DRO on your machine. further compounding in that most mills don't have any kind of ball screw or anti backlash device, and are thus, looser than an old low rent Saigon whore on coupon day. so you know, having even a mini mill that's tricked out to be as user friendly as possible for the soul purpose of making 80 percent lowers into stripped receivers is not only not worth the investment on a subjective level, but would also not be worth it on an objective level. there's so much knowledge to learn in so little time for so little reason until you get creative and decide to make other things, for example, suppressor baffles, or turning your own barrels, not that you could rifle them unless you somehow know how to get your dickbeaters on a rifling broach, button, or mandrel and a cold hammer forge. you would also, at that point know how to blue, parkerize(a simple procedure really, just dip it in boiling liquid zinc) or otherwise finish the workpiece material, and also how to harden it for use, or temper it for machining. I used to think oyu just turned the machine to REALLY FUCKING FAST and happily milled away with a twist drill. I know better now, as too slow and you put excessive force on your tool, potentially breaking it, and too fast and you put excessive mechanical wear on it, dulling it out quickly.
>>
>>32282033
Just buy a fucking lower.
>>
File: tldr.gif (165KB, 500x219px) Image search: [Google]
tldr.gif
165KB, 500x219px
>>32282921
>>
>>32282563
It's a fucking AR.... all you need is some everyday tools or a $20-25 ar tool and a mallet. That's it...
>>
>>32282332
>The gun shops need to make money
Right, because when one shop sells something for MSRP while another sells something inferior at a multiple hundred dollar markup, it clearly isn't because that particular shop is a bunch of fucking con artists.
>>
>>32282474
>OP implies buying many guns
>Doesn't know how to build AR
>Thinks he needs a degree/machinist skills to build AR...

Really?
>>
>>32282474
different anon, here. do you know if oregon nevada or arizona require a 4473?
>>
>>32283824
do you know what 80% is?
>>
>>32283936
Fine, then a 90$ router from home depot.

Guys from calguns literally finished their own 80% 1911 with nothing but a set of hand files.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.