[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any way I can repair this fucking idiot scratch? Do the Presto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 20161210_183028.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
20161210_183028.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
Any way I can repair this fucking idiot scratch? Do the Presto Gun Blue Pens work?
>>
>>32281103
>Any way I can repair this fucking idiot scratch
Without refinish the frame? No.
>Do the Presto Gun Blue Pens work?
Not really, its more likely to change the color of the bluing around the scratch than make it disappear. You can try it someplace that is covered up and if it doesn't change the bluing color than it might make the scratch less noticeable, but generally those pens are garbage.
>>
wow anal retentive faggot. just use a sharpie if it bothers you that much. its barely noticable. its a generic 1911 not an investment piece of art.
>>
File: IMG_21351.jpg (233KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_21351.jpg
233KB, 1024x768px
Nope, guess you should just learn to live with your crippling autism.
>>
>>32281149
It's mostly because I bought it yesterday and my finger slipped when reassembling it. I feel like a moron.
>>
That isn't a blued finish it looks parkerized. Just color it with a pencil. Seriously, that isn't even a bad idiot scratch. That is nothing compared to a real idiot scratch.
>>
>>32281103
>2016
>Caring about what the gun autists think

You know those dudes you see in walmart who are balding, 40 yrs old, walking around open carrying with a hideous obese ginger gremlin wife? Those are the dudes who care about minor finish wear on a gun that still functions as intended. If you had done it to a museum-grade gold plated one from Pablo Escobar's private collection maybe it'd matter but on some dumb shit you got from the gun shop for $500 who gives a fuck.
>>
>>32281162
Is that scratched on the slide too? How does that even happen?
>>
>>32281163
You're going to end up with a mark there no matter what, as long as you keep it from looking like someone went to town on your frame with a hammer and nail it's really nothing to worry about.
>>
>>32281210
>How does that even happen?

Grunts.
>>
File: IMG_20641.jpg (195KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20641.jpg
195KB, 1024x768px
>>32281210
Probably by being issued to military faggots for decades on end.
>>
Dont worry about it op. It gives it character. Wear on a 1911 is handsome.
>>
Thanks everyone, I guess I'll just learn to embrace it.
>>
>little boo boo scratch on a 1911
get over it you fucking crybaby pussy
>>
>>32281246
>t. Rejected by MEPS
>>
You should be glad you didn't gouge a chunk out of the slide or frame opie. That scratch is nothing compared to some of the shit I have seen.
>>
>>32281103
Why do 1911 owners care about a scratch you need to measure in millimeters?

My carry gun is scratched to fuck, as are rifles I practice or hunt with. Scratches happen. Aside from some high end velvet box gun, who cares?
>>
>>32281103
This is what the face of autism looks like
>>
>>32281103

>muh gat been nicked

Jesus fuck how autistic are you? I would never even have noticed a scratch like that.
>>
>>32281103

Buddy, if your gun doesn't have any scratches on it, you're doing something wrong. Guns are tools, not museums pieces to just be put in a case and looked at (unless it has historical significance). Go out, buy a cheap ass AK, and beat the fuck out of it, you need to snap yourself out of this nitpicky petty aesthetic shit.
>>
>>32281855

but an idiot scratch doesn't come from wear, it comes from improperly reassembling the gun

I get the feeling there are a couple people in this thread that are trying to rationalize to themselves why the scratch they put on their gun by being an idiot who couldn't even be assed to watch a 5 minute Youtube video on how to do it properly is just standard wear from proper usage.
>>
>>32281896

Scratches happen though, there's not much you can do to avoid it. Whether it's from reassembly, wear from use, clumsiness, or down right abuse and neglect, it's gunna happen.
>>
>>32281162
>tripfag
>manages to idiot mark a military surplus 1911
Kill yourself
>>
When I first got my 1911, I didn't realize the empty magazine was holding locking latch and keeping the slide in the back position.

So I pressed hard as fuck on the latch to release the slide and scratched the hell out of my gun when it released.
>>
Do you really care about a scratch?
>>
>>32282046
Because he's a perfectionist.
>>
God help you if you ever fucking carry.
>>
Guns without scratches and blemishes are for faggots who don't enjoy shootan.
>>
>>32281896
This. Yeah scratches happen. Guns get uses. Their tools. However, the idiot scratch is from not assembling a gun together correctly and justifying man handling parts like a Mongoloid.

The take down pin for the 1911 scratches the frame when people somehow think you turn the part. Yeah they can be tight on a new gun but on a gi recoil system, once you have no spring tension from the barrel bushing being out, the gun will come apart with little fight. Worse case the take down pin needs a gentle tap to start removal and snap back into place. No idiot scratch. The pin should never rotate and only move linear.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.