[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got my CC, looking into handguns now. What would /k/ recommend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4218.jpg (88KB, 900x573px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4218.jpg
88KB, 900x573px
Got my CC, looking into handguns now. What would /k/ recommend? Preferably semi auto, I like the aesthetic of revolvers, but let's be honest, they really just don't compare.

And preferably S&W
>muh brand loyalty
But not required

Was looking into an m&p 9 full size
The compact just doesn't fit my hand well. What do you guys think?
>>
>>32279658
I just got home from the LGS with this exact gun. I put a box through it at their range. I read and watched every video I could find on this gun before buying it. People tend to not recommend this gun for carry because of the size and the beaver tail. They say it sticks into your side. I think it is mostly fat fucks complaining about it poking their love handles. Also the gun in your pic is the thumb safety model. You will probably want the one without it.
>>
>>32279887
Yeah that's the one I have in mind. Just didn't feel like looking for a stock photo without the thumb safe. Don't really mind the size, but we'll see if it ever becomes an issue, which I doubt.
>>
File: IMG_2956.jpg (518KB, 1284x1284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2956.jpg
518KB, 1284x1284px
For me, it is the Glock. The best striker fired pistol.
>>
File: IMAG0963.jpg (868KB, 1824x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0963.jpg
868KB, 1824x3264px
Did you try the 9c with the finger extension? The full size actually conceals pretty well since it has more smooth edges...
>>
>>32279658
Glock 17
>>
>>32280022
Yes but why.
>>
>>32279658
G19
[POWER GAP]
Everything else

Seriously you're retarded if you get anything else for your primary ccw

t. G20 CCWer
>>
I have come to like my m&p9 after having shot it a bunch. I have both a shield and the 9 and almost always carry the shield over the fullsize.

The fullsized can be carried with a shirt or jacket covering it but for me it prints a lot. Maybe other bodysize/holster combos would have more luck than I do. The shield and I suspect the C model as well can be carried easily in a t-shirt alone without anyone being able to make you.

The beaver-tail has never been an issue for me and I am fat.

I have the thumb safety model and it isn't great with the holster I wear, the switches are just too big and they get switched off by the holster as it carries throughout the day. I like that it has a safety, but I am seriously considering trimming down the material of the switch to something more the size of the shield's safety.

Mine has been very reliable and once I got used to it's pretty stout trigger I can shoot it pretty well.
>>
>>32280415

I honestly think were I to do it again I'd have just gone with a m&p9c rather than the shield and fullsize, but clearly I just need to own all three.
>>
File: STEYR-PISTOL-M9-A1.png (401KB, 789x600px) Image search: [Google]
STEYR-PISTOL-M9-A1.png
401KB, 789x600px
>>32279658
>>
File: 238-equinox_1.jpg (43KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
238-equinox_1.jpg
43KB, 700x600px
I have a ~$800 budget for a compact handgun for cc.

This is my first choice.

What would /k/ recommend instead?
>>
File: 20161009_211355.jpg (1MB, 3024x3929px) Image search: [Google]
20161009_211355.jpg
1MB, 3024x3929px
I carry a full size M&P IWB without problems. I can conceal it under a T-shirt or a button up. It's somewhere between a glock 17 and 19 in size. If you like the grip angle and size, it's a nice handgun. Occasionally PSA has sales on the magazines for $20.

Pick one up if you like it. Get a CORE if you think you'll ever put an optic on one.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.