[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone own or interested in a Ruger Gunsite Scout? Far as I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Ruger-1.jpg (12KB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger-1.jpg
12KB, 500x210px
Anyone own or interested in a Ruger Gunsite Scout? Far as I can tell it's just a bolt action m14. I've been looking at getting it but reviews are nonexistent and local gun stores don't have one for me to fingerfuck.
>>
>>32278386
This is at the top of my wishlist too.
>>
It looks great and I'm sure it works, but if I wanted a scout rifle I'd probably go with the Savage Model 11. IIRC it's a couple hundred dollars cheaper and you're going to want that money for whatever scope you decide to put on it.
>>
>>32278386
>scout
How are you supposed to use stripper clips with that optic?
2/10 would not harass enemies with
>>
>>32278453
The model 11 has a shitty plastic stock and, more importantly, doesn't come in .223.
>>
>>32278504
>accustock
>shitty plastic

Eat a dick anon

Also a .223 boltgun with a 16" barrel os absolute autism

OP I've fondled and shot the ruger its a great gun buy with confidence, the newer models are lighter than the laminated models.
>>
>>32278386
Had one on layaway but I didn't see the point of it since I already had my scout chingchong M1A and switched for a Tikka T3.
It does look pretty good.
>>
>>32278386
10 round single-stack mag is retarded but I don't feel like buying a smaller mag. The bolt is kind of stiff with the mag and rouds in it but I don't know if that's just how bolt actions are or not. I prefer to just load rounds singularly into the chamber. More fun to shoot imo. It's pretty fucking accurate compared to my other guns, too. At 200 yards with unadjusted factory irons, it was shooting just a bit low and right. Took a pop can out after 3 shots and someone spotting where the shots were hitting. I love it. Wish I could afford to feed it more often. Kicks like a little mofo but I guess that's just what happens with a 16" .308 bolt action.
>>
File: rgs.jpg (2MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
rgs.jpg
2MB, 5184x3456px
>>32278386
They're fun and if you are in the market for a bolt gun go for it. Honestly I enjoy my K31 more tho.

>>32278482
the RGS cant. you can load from the top with the ruger plastic mags tho.
>>
>>32278386
The Gunsite Scout is a Ruger M77 Hawkeye with factory irons and DBM. The M77 is an American commercial mauser and is a damn good rifle, but the GSR makes it bloated and fat for no real benefit.

The Ruger mags are proprietary and expensive while being worse in every category when compared with AI mags, and an AI DBM conversion.

The LoP adjustment spacers are squishy and generally look like ass, if you need a longer/shorter rifle buy the correct length the first time. The rest of stock is well made and durable though.
>>
>>32278504
Why the fuck would you want a scout rifle in .223?

Also, if you intend to use your rifle in more than one climate, plastic is better. A wooden-stocked gun zeroed in dry heat is likely to shoot god knows how far off in the cold and wet. This is not a problem with a good synthetic stock, and Savage makes VERY good synthetic stocks.
>>
>>32279036
Even a halfway decent laminate is both temperature and humidity stable, while being MUCH more rigid than the ABS plastic shitstocks common to most cheap rifles. It's on par with the glass-filled-nylon stocks from Manners and McMillan.
>>
>>32279036
.223 because I'm not hunting the most dangerous game. It's plenty for my needs.
>>
>>32278991
Actually the rgs feeds from 10rd AIs so eat a dick
>>
>>32278504
>>32278482

>scout
>scope
>.223

Do you even Cooper, faggots?
>>
>>32279620
It's got nice aesthetics, hickok45 seemed to like it, and I'm probably just gonna use it to shoot coyotes and rabbits. The pelts sell better without Buick-sized holes in them.
>>
>>32279341
I never said it didn't.

Also what's that got to do with the factory mags costing just as much but being inferior?

You can make a comparable rifle with an M77 Hawkeye and an EGW dbm kit that will be basically the same rifle minus the forward pic rail for about $140 less.
>>
>>32279620
Cooper advocated for a low power eye relief scope on scout rifles but yeah they need to be .308 or another full power cartridge.
>>
>>32278386
>Ruger Scout
>Reviews non-existant

Nigger do you even youtube? Anyways, it's a decent rifle but expensive for what it is and too heavy unless you get one with a plastic stock.
>>
>>32279292
>Not hunting the most dangerous game.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.