[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thinking about joining the NRA what do you think? I'm not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12

thinking about joining the NRA
what do you think? I'm not living in the U.S. at the moment and won't have firearms for a few years at least but still feel like joining, would it be worth it?
>>
File: 1480763223139.jpg (37KB, 640x437px) Image search: [Google]
1480763223139.jpg
37KB, 640x437px
>>32275032
save your money for a green card
>>
File: NRA Before and After.gif (75KB, 725x485px) Image search: [Google]
NRA Before and After.gif
75KB, 725x485px
>>32275032
I own guns. But I hate the NRA. -- Most gun owners are not members of the NRA. Letting the organization pretend otherwise hurts the millions of gun owners who support some form of gun control.

But hey, they're basically just an arm of the Rethuglican propaganda machine at this point. And racist white republicans gonna racist white republican.
>>
>>32275110
You could've made a good point about how the NRA only protects gun rights for US manufacturers but you didn't, why?
OP, I won't ever send them my money until they protect gun rights not your right to buy American guns. If they change their advertising to reflect their real mission statement maybe, but for the time being they can get fucked.
>>
Forget the NRA.

Write directly to your representatives instead.

The NRA is too big and is a self licking ice cream cone at this point, they have to have something to fight or all their funding dries up and they have to get new jobs
>>
>>32275061
i am an American citizen though homeslice
>>
>>32275110
>>32275131
ATF?
>>
>>32275159
And to be clear, my guns are long guns, intended for hunting and skeet shooting. Relatively few crimes are committed with hunting weapons, which are designed to shoot animals, not humans. I'm not a psychopath who would shoot a guy just for breaking into my house.
>>
>>32275159
>I believe in rights, but in name only, in practice I want them to be constantly eroded into complete uselessness.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
>>
>>32275159
ya but considering the fact that literally any form of restriction always leads to waaaay over the line magazine or carry or rifle bans, any "little itty bitty gun control" that passes is never really the end of the story nor little in anyway.
>>
>>32275169
Read my second post here >>32275167
and try again Billy. I use my guns every year for hunting ducks and deer. It's sad that illiterate white trash like you give us responsible gun owners a bad name.
>>
>>32275167
>>32275159
this is a fucking stellar bait post that is almost guaranteed to get real replies
>>
File: dggsgsr.png (366KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
dggsgsr.png
366KB, 600x660px
>>32275167
>I'm not a psychopath who would shoot a guy just for breaking into my house.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

why does it feel like their are a bunch of CTR shills or ATF in this thread?
>>
>>32275159
>>32275167
Obvious bait.
And if not you're fucking cancer.
I hope a nog beats you to death in the middle of the night because you didn't wanna shoot some poor dindu
>>
>>32275195
their ATF I'm thinking but anyway what do you think? Should I join NRA? Iz gud deal?
>>
>>32275176
Are laws that save lives really restrictions though? You will never meet someone that is more pro-2nd Amendment than me, but I'm also someone who knows what makes sense.

Machine guns, AR-15's, handguns etc ... do not make sense. The only reason people would own those would be to kill another person, and that is never acceptable. If anyone ever threatens my family I am confident in being able to talk them down. And if they kill me, I'll die with a clear conscience knowing I didn't contribute to insane gun culture.
>>
>>32275167
Overplayed your hand here. It was bretty gud with your first two posts.
>>
>>32275203
Do you value owning American guns or all guns?
>>
File: image.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>32275159
>>32275167
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
CTR or super naive fudd detected. Seriously you are an idiot, the NRA is the only group that can stop the faggotry of the Brady/mad/liberals from turning this country into Australia. Gun control has been a slippery slope since the early 1900s in the U.S.
>>
File: 1467258240360.jpg (75KB, 640x397px) Image search: [Google]
1467258240360.jpg
75KB, 640x397px
>>
>>32275032
Support the NRA after you ship yourself here.
You also don't necessarily have to support the NRA specifically. Each state will have its own local gun lobbyist group. California has the CRPA.
>>
>>32275208
handguns don't make sense? I know this is bait but I just lol at the image of a woman with a child being told to lug around shotgun all day for defense XD
>>
>>32275032
The NRA is really just a domestic gun manufacturer's lobby at this point. They aren't truly advancing gun rights anymore because they don't have to. They receive millions of dollars annually to "fight for muh rights" at a time when the rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment have never been more popular. They know who their biggest donors are, and it ain't you or me.

The true frontier of the firearms rights movement in the USA is social in nature. We need to embrace minority groups (women, lgbt people, non-white people) and introduce them to guns. We need to shed the stereotypes surrounding gun culture and embrace everyone. The 2nd Amendment was exclusively not for white males OR corporations
>>
File: 06460156025610.jpg (44KB, 665x340px) Image search: [Google]
06460156025610.jpg
44KB, 665x340px
>>32275158
yea do it faggot, we needz mooz moooneyz for lobbiiiieeenninnggng
>>
Remember the good ol days when people who posted retarded shit on purpose were just calles trolls instead of being accused of working for a shadow cabal, paid to post contrarian shit on a vietnamese shadowpuppet forum?
>>
>>32275718

>The true frontier of the firearms rights movement in the USA is social in nature. We need to embrace minority groups

Oh here we go...

>women

Women aren't a minority.

>lgbt people

Mentally ill people shouldn't own a firearm.

>non-white people

Non-whites shouldn't have rights in a white nation.

>The 2nd Amendment was exclusively not for white males OR corporations

You're wrong. The founders never intended for blacks or indians to have the right to bear arms. They restricted prospective citizens in 1790 to "any alien, being a free white person"

The fact that American blacks are armed has contributed heavily to your high homicide rate.
>>
>>32275159

>In a gun owner who supports the 2nd Amendment, *********But*********

BUT

Neck yourself liberal cuck.
>>
>>32275872
CTR isnt (wasnt?) a 'shadow cabal'. It's not a conspiracy, you dont have to solve the davinci code to uncover the truth, they are a real organization that operated openly.
>>
What the fuck is with all the anti-nra shills on /k/ lately?
>>
>>32275950
Rebbit is trying to make 4chan left
>>
>>32275110
>Most gun owners are not members of the NRA.

But they probably have been in the past.

I remember hearing one of my dad's friends talking about letting his NRA membership lapse because of the Clinton AWB period.

Never again.
>>
>>32275032
NRA gives gun owners a bad name
>>
>>32275949
I'm sure Clinton is paying people to call your dick small on /k/ a month after she lost the election
>>
>>32275900
>Scrolls through the first and most relevant half of the post
>Spaghetti errywhere

Troll harder
>>
>>32275032
don't join the NRA even after you get back. Find a different organization if you want to be that politically involved, nra isn't the only gun rights and activities club
>>
>>32275208
>laws that save lives
>save lives

Poor quality bait.
>>
>>32275900
Even lower quality bait.

Are you even trying today /pol/ ?
>>
>>32275167
unsurprisingly fudds make the best bait
>>
>>32275032

I really dislike the NRA, but I donate to them because they're on the front lines of defending the 2nd amendment. I also donate to the EFF and the 2nd Amendment Foundation. I am not a member of any of these orgs, and I only donate cash.

The last thing I want to be is on someone's list when the vans start rolling.
>>
>>32275110
>the millions of gun owners who support some form of gun control.

Traitors all.
>>
File: faggots hate the nra.jpg (120KB, 770x415px) Image search: [Google]
faggots hate the nra.jpg
120KB, 770x415px
>>32275032
Yes. They piss off all the right people.
>>
>>32275154
>Write directly to your representatives instead.
That is a total waste of time. Your elected rep doesn't read you letters. It's read by a 21 year old intern named Taylor or Kensie. The response is a form letter that's written by a 25 year old junior policy advisory (attorney) at the direction of a 35 year old chief of staff.

If you think the rep cares about you or what you write, you're a fool. The only way the rep cares about you is if you're a donor who donates at or near the max contribution allowed by law. It that case, the rep is reaching out to you and you never need to call or write the office for anything. And, if you donate large to the PAC that supports the rep then you'll be getting asked to lunch by the rep himself.
>>
>>32275110
b8

Even the comic is shitty b8. California has been getting more and more restrictive about guns, so the shitty comic is too retarded to realize it's saying that the more gun control we have the more people die, lol.
>>
Anyone gun owner who isn't an NRA member should join or turn in their guns now. The nra isn't perfect by any means but the fact remains that it is the only gun lobby with enough membership and money to have any real sway over legislation.
>>
File: 1461214614021.png (713KB, 1035x621px) Image search: [Google]
1461214614021.png
713KB, 1035x621px
>>32280594

>an arab muslim registered democrat blows away 49 pole smokers in the name of Allah
>this is the fault of white christian republicans

What color is the sky in their world?
>>
File: 1470350666277.jpg (73KB, 1323x325px) Image search: [Google]
1470350666277.jpg
73KB, 1323x325px
>it's this thread again
literally every day now.
>>
File: 1470350727453.jpg (111KB, 1320x491px) Image search: [Google]
1470350727453.jpg
111KB, 1320x491px
>>32281179
>>
>>32281166
Whatever color The Narrative says it is.

Remember this picture the next time somebody crows how wonderful it is that all the faggots and libtards and Brown People are rushing out to buy guns. They aren't doing it because they've found common ground on a particular topic. They're doing it so they can 'defend' themselves by liquidating your ass.
>>
The NRA is ok. If you are willing to be registered as a gun owner/POI someday
>>
>>32276071
Substantiate this.

I wouldn't be surprised but id like to know for sure.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.