[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /k/, im autistic, and im looking forward to craft a wooden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: lm7ZyTj.png (24KB, 889x339px) Image search: [Google]
lm7ZyTj.png
24KB, 889x339px
Hi /k/, im autistic, and im looking forward to craft a wooden """"gun"""" that uses combustible gas as a projectile. It is going to fire 7.62x39 projectiles engraved into the bottlecap, and will use the heat of the lighter as a trigger mechanism.

Rate it, and i have several questions:
1- Will the propane just explode and destroy the gun and injure me? (Alternatively, i can use something else)
2- Will it work?
>>
No rifling, so no accuracy.

Trigge wont work as intended (huge -ass delay)

You might blow your own face off depending on what the bottles are made off.

Build a potato gu. Instead
>>
>>32267888
The digits on this post... You're a cunt OP
>>
>>32267888
Wtf?

How's that trigger supposed to work? I'm not the #1 authority on weapons engineering, but I know that ain't right.
>>
>>32268123
Heat from the lighter detonates the propellant.
>>
>>32267888
A buddy of mine and I made a bunch of potato guns in HS. I would say start there and work out the kinks.

I can tell you we had a LOT more fun with just using an air compressor for the charge rather than hairspray.

The best one we made used 2 2' lengths of 6" PVC for the chambers and they fed into a sprinker valve we modded to release with the press of a button on one of those attachments you blow off your work desk with by using an air compressor. We had that attached to a 3/4" pvc for a barrel. That fucker was MEAN! We could launch a 3" dowel rod right through 4 sheets of plywood, and if we found a rock that would fit well enough, the pressure from the tanks would split the rock right out of the barrel. Those 1 oz co2 canisters fit in the barrel REALLY well too.

Also, don't use dry ice as your propellant...
>>
>>32268097
Rifling is no problem, i know some people who are into metalwork.
I tried the trigger on the full-blast mode. It detonates right when you pull it.
They are made of plastic. Just your daily large soda bottle.
>>
>>32268163
Well no shit that's the idea. But the way it's set up doesn't look like it'd work. Most likely a gas pocket in the "luxurious grip" would ignite and blow your hand off.
>>
>>32268167
It's just blue. I'm going to use propane or something else combustible. Also, never tried a potato gun.
>>
>>32268163
lol the lighter would just burn a hole through the plastic bottle.

Just make a chamber out of PVC and get a grill lighter, drive 2 nails through the chamber walls and make them almost touch, the spark from the grill igniter will jump the gap between the nails and ignite your fuel.
>>
>>32268183
Bottles are disposable senpai. They are 1-shot.
>>
>>32268195
Obviously, but the gas (and fire at that point) will leave the bottle where the lighter has made a fresh hole, not through the barrel pushing the projectile.
>>
>>32268211
What if tampon the heat by placing a small sheet of steel so the heat transfer will be lighter>steel>bottle? That would give a lot of trigger delay, but its still better than having it malfunction.
>>
>>32268229
You'll never get an interior heat level high enough before the thin walls of the plastic bottle will fail. You NEED the flame/spark on the inside of the chamber.

Just go with the PVC and the grill igniter. You can still mount the button as a "trigger" but it would have to be a muzzle loader.
>>
>>32267888
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6fZSPgXi88
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.