[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it hard to resell guns for what you paid? do they depreciate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 500.png (111KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
500.png
111KB, 300x250px
is it hard to resell guns for what you paid? do they depreciate immediately like a new car would?
>>
It depends.
>>
>>32256964
unlike cars you don't have to wait 100 years for them to be worth anything, gun values steadily rise but it still takes years
>>
>>32256964
>is it hard to resell guns for what you paid? do they depreciate immediately like a new car would?
for exactly what you paid its hard unless you find an idiot. expect to lose 20-25%% for most guns. there are exceptions. if a gun is discontinued it increases in value unless its complete pile of shit. the guns that depreciate the most are pumpshotguns you buy a 500 or 870 for 300-400 new its suddenly worth 200 used since pumps are common as fuck. other guns that dont hold value are budget handguns in the 300 range like the sd9ve,canik, or ria which instantly drop to around 2/3s used. parts kit builds like franken ar m4gerys dont hold value either.
that said a factory gun thats bone stock is generally easy to sell at around 80% of new price.

if you want to waste money you upgrade your gun by tacticooling it with ati or something. then the gun is worth less than it would be if it was stock and you are out all the money on the furniture.
>>
>>32256964
They maintain their value when inflation is taken into consideration but almost no firearms gain value overall in the long term.
>>
>>32256964
Is OP a faggot? Yes.
>>
File: Mh4t6OL.jpg (143KB, 566x677px)
Mh4t6OL.jpg
143KB, 566x677px
>>32257075
I wish people on armslist would post their guns for the value you listed. One guy wants $200 for a 'new in box' pardner pump, which retails for $187 at the local Wal-Mart. Trying to haggle with these faggots is also impossible.
>>
the only ones that go up in value or stay at what you paid are discontinued models, especially ones in low numbers, as long as you don't ruin it.

>buy used on armslist while haggling them down to the real value
>buy something discontinued in low numbers and take care of it
pick one, if you care about holding value that is.
>>
>>32257158
any deal or person thats willing to haggle sells their shit with in an hour of posting then you are stuck with the idiots. that said if you can get it cheaper at walmart why the fuck dont you just go to walmart instead of bitching?
>>
>>32257195
Just an example. I saw the listing and was like 'dude's nuts.'
>>
if you purchase smartly you can.
I got a sporterized Lee Enfield for $130 on gunbroker. I traded it for a new USP 45 Tactical.
>>
>>32257245
theres another factor that comes in to play for the really poorfag guns. pretty much broke fucker spends all his money buying $187 pardner gets charged with tax or fees and ends up at roughly 250 out the door. being a poorfag that resorted to buying a 187 dollar shotgun he immediately needs that money for something else. since hes poor hes not willing to compromise on the price at all. the way he sees it he paid 250 selling it for 200 is a deal even if its more than the store charges. if you wait long enough they get desperate and sell the gun to a pawnshop for 50 bucks then the pawnshop marks it up to 150. they wont sell it to you cause if you show interest they have hope.

trying to buy a "cheap" shotgun directly from a poorfag is hard .
>>
>>32257357
Holy shit, this.

Your local neighborhood slumlord/pawnbroker is never your friend but he can be a good resource, especially if he knows he can immediately up sell something without it sitting around for six months. Often, I have been able to work out deals where I get things as low as +15% if it goes away the next day. I buy and sell +/- 25 guns a year, so volume helps with these deals.

I use these guys to reduce the legal risk associated with buying guns directly from less than upstanding sellers, as well as the physical risk of interacting with desperate, often irrational people.
>>
>>32257357
the other thing with budget guns is the only people selling them are poorfags with that mentality. normal people dont mind having 200 bucks tied up in a gun its only 200 bucks. its more of a pain in the ass to sell it than keep it in closet as a backup.
>>
You aren't going to get what you paid for a new gun unless you bought it at dealer rates to begin with or unless the gun was discontinued.

That said, there are some kinds of non-NFA guns that do hold their value decently or possibly even appreciate in value depending on age/production status:

1911s from quality manufacturers
Revolvers from quality manufacturers
HKs that aren't the VP9
West German Sigs
Old Winchesters
>>
>>32257158
you are paying a paperless premium. also no taxes or fees.
>>
>>32256964
depends, if you buy modern tacticool shit yes it depreciates. why would someone buy your used glock for the same price as a brand new one in store

for antique or desirable models no longer made, no, they appreciate in value over time
>>
>>32257075
My cz452 actually increased in price considering the new models are less quality.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.