[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to buy first handgun >tfw people tell me to buy used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMGP6857-390x217.jpg (16KB, 390x217px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP6857-390x217.jpg
16KB, 390x217px
>want to buy first handgun
>tfw people tell me to buy used to save money but then other people tell me that it's a bad idea and you'll get something that has problems and it will be a waste of money and to only buy new
>tfw don't think I could carry even a single stack 9mm
>can't make a decision
>no budget limit
>>
makarov
>>
>>32254347
Buying used is infinitely a better deal. You can tell if a gun is used hard and not taken care of or if it was well cared for.

If they're giving it to you for a really good price, and you can take it down quickly and glance at the inside for any problems and see nothing weird or abused, just buy it. I've gotten a 92FS for $350, glock 19 for $400, uberti SAA for $350

All way less than they go for new or """on sale""" and they're in perfect working order. Just let them know that you need to inspect it first to make sure it's all good before you just walk into the shop to meet and transfer.
>>
File: ea01d65762f1491967deb6f603f308a7.jpg (515KB, 700x1590px) Image search: [Google]
ea01d65762f1491967deb6f603f308a7.jpg
515KB, 700x1590px
>>32254347
If you have tiny hands, consider a Beretta 86, it's small, and with good defensive loads, .380ACP is a pretty viable performer.

It has a tip-up barrel system, so if you have weak fingers, you can load the gun by inserting a loaded magazine, then tipping up the barrel to insert a cartridge in the chamber, finally closing the breech. The gun is now ready to fire, either by a double-action trigger pull, or by cocking the hammer and pulling the trigger in single-action.
>>
>>32254347

"Used" can mean a lot of things. I got a Beretta 92S for a measly $270 a while ago. The barrel was in pristine condition (looked like it was never fired before, or only a few times), and the worst "damage" was a bit of holster wear.
>>
>>32254861
no.. for that size and weight id rather carry a 9mm, single stack like a SW 3906 or others...
>>
>>32255252
If price isn't an object, you could try tracking down an old ASP custom, it's based on the M39
>>
>>32254347
Go to a range with a lot of selection and shoot until you find something you like, research, then order online to avoid sales tax, or buy off armslist
>>
>>32255308
this mostly

take the "intro" class at gun range

they will explain the basics

and let you shoot several different guns

if you've got $$ then no biggie, just buy something you think you like, shoot it a few times & if oyu don't like it, trade for something else
>>
Get a used .40 pistol. Bunch of police surplus because everyone's chasing the FBI's 9mm train so deals can be had.

If you want something easier to conceal for not a lot a Makarov is a good choice, though ammo's a bit harder to find. There are also plenty of .380's in the market. If you want to bump up to 9mm several subcompacts can be had for $400, new, which is not a lot of money for a gun. XDs, Shield, G43, LC9, etc.

If you really can't make a decision go out to a rental range or borrow friends' guns and try a whole lot of shit out. Nothing wrong with that. That said, if it's your first handgun and you're not nessicarily looking for CC there are a lot of good .22 pistols to be had, brand new, for under $500. Don't look down on cheap low recoil practice, anon.
>>
>>32254347
Have a look at a 9mm shield. They are solid little guns, and pretty easy to hide.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.