[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any new firearm innovations anymore when it comes to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Prince_Freddy2.jpg (86KB, 500x577px) Image search: [Google]
Prince_Freddy2.jpg
86KB, 500x577px
Is there any new firearm innovations anymore when it comes to handguns?
I feel like I haven't heard of anything new in the way a firearm works in quite a while. Just new models every year of basically the same product line.
>>
>>32249796
No, and there likely won't be in your lifetime.
>>
about a year or two ago, some company made a roller lock 1911.

thought it was kinda cool, but cost somewhere around 5k
>>
>>32249796
I don't own a judge. But a gun that fires boolets and slugs sounds like something relatively new.
>>
Probably a lot more "smart gun" bullshit

Only other big thing could be caseless, but don't hold your breath.
>>
>>32249831
korth
>>
Well, pocket pistols and small firearms are being built with lighter materials and are able to handle higher calibers. There's also bullpup pistols - making them even more compact. So, you're essentially getting smaller pistols that pack a bigger punch
>>
File: 1254526778802.png (41KB, 386x387px) Image search: [Google]
1254526778802.png
41KB, 386x387px
>>32249796
>Is there any new firearm innovations anymore when it comes to handguns?
No.
>>
hell, there really isn't any innovation in rifles.
>>
>>32249912
jim sullivan's got some stuff in the works for the AR
don't know if any of it'll ever see the light of day
https://youtu.be/gOUKXIrDE0I?t=605
>>
>>32249832
>slugs
>not regular bullets
>>
Things can only be improved on so much.
Take hammers. They started out as rocks, and then someone made a hammer, and weve been using more or less the same thing for centuries.

Somewhere along the line ball peens and claw hooks were innovated, but those are just quality of life attachments to what is essentially the same primary tool.

You might see some new materials be some fad or another, but as far as the mechanics of how they work, they are pretty much optimized at this point and only radically different materials might change that.
>>
File: 1453153201695.png (93KB, 425x247px) Image search: [Google]
1453153201695.png
93KB, 425x247px
>>32249796
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mymewEQiQhY

Probably this is the closest thing.
>>
File: arsenal-double-barreled-1911.jpg (23KB, 600x425px) Image search: [Google]
arsenal-double-barreled-1911.jpg
23KB, 600x425px
Ehhh...
>>
What about smart pistols?

The ones that read fingerprints as a safety feature?
>>
>>32249832
LeMat would like a word with you, swine.
>>
>>32249796
That pic makes me wonder why nobody has created guns for babies.

Have I uncovered a new market /k/?
>>
http://ctmuzzleloaders.com/ctml_experiments/plink_king/plink_king.html
ctmuzzleloaders.com/ctml_experiments/lorgir_pistol/lorgir_pistol.html

You'd have to get the Federal Government out of the Gun Control business if you ever wanted to see real innovations at a commercial level. Keeping things nice and stagnant at as close to 1800s-level of technology is the entire point of all their efforts in that area.

The last big advancement was Russia and China implementing the helical ultra-high-capacity magazine at scale (something originally invented by Americans decades ago, only to be suppressed by the Feds).

Probably we will see one or the other finally bring out caseless in the new few years, as well. The US Military has supposedly been fielding / field-testing plastic-cased round LMGs over the past decade, right?

>>32252442
Quad-stack magazines aren't anything new, again decades old tech that's just been suppressed by Feds. The particular recoil mitigation they're using is unexplained, but in general recoil mitigation is in the same boat - only has meaning in full-auto fire which is Federally suppressed. They even say in the video 'probably should have happened years ago'.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.