[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on this handgun /k/, is it worth a purchase? It wouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Redpill me on this handgun /k/, is it worth a purchase? It wouldn't be my only handfun
>>
I couldn't justify buying one.

Don't get me wrong, they seem like nice guns, and I wouldn't question their build quality.

The problem is that the 5.7 rounds whole selling point is armor piercing, which you cant do with civilian ammo. So its main selling point is rendered moot. When you consider the price, you can get a more practical gun for less.

But if you just want one because you think they are cool, go for it. Like I said, they aren't bad guns.
>>
>>32249748
This. I was going to say "yes" until I saw the caliber in the filename
>>
It isn't. As the other poster said, you can't buy the ammo that makes it special as a civilian, which leaves you with an extremely expensive niche polymer gun that shoots expensive ammo with subpar wounding ballistics.

If this still doesn't convince you, consider opportunity cost. By spending $1000 dollars on a FiveSeven, you're giving up the opportunity to buy other, potentially more useful guns that might be as fun or more fun to own.
>>
In that case, could I get recommendations on a 10mm/.45/.40 handgat to get? I currently have a cz p07 and a governor
>>
>>32249607
>is it worth a purchase?

If you have the disposable income, sure
>>
>>32249824
>governor

You sure like your gimmick guns, eh? Considering that you probably have a cache of .45 ACP/LC already, you could look into any of the following:

USP
HK45
FNX Tactical
A nice 1911
A Single Action Army or Schofield Model 3
A 45 LC Levergun

There are lots of nice guns out there that share ammo with the two that you already have. Try to get one of those.
>>
File: sandman.jpg (38KB, 477x640px) Image search: [Google]
sandman.jpg
38KB, 477x640px
>>32249748
Plus, ya know, Sam Fisher.
>>
>>32249815
Yes you can. You can buy it on GunBroker.
>>
>>32249824
Buy the Five-seveN, OP. Don't believe the memes. It holds 20 rounds, and it's a quality gun.
>>
>>32249892
Only reason to buy this gun.
>>
>>32249922
You sure on that bruh?
>>
Reload your own 5.7AP ammo
>>
I would get it if you just want it as a range toy. Its big, so I don't believe you're getting it for EDC. It may be expensive but it might look impressive to everyone on the range. I think you people forget that there is a fun factor associated with shooting funz recreationally, they dont all need to have super high kill power
>>
File: IMG_4025.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4025.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hahhahhaha. Ensenuating this will be your first and last handgun purchase. Hhahhahhahhahahhahahha. Welcome to the addiction my friend.
>>
>>32250347

lay off the vodka and read it again
>>
>>32250347
Oh wait you typed "wouldt"

Ya nvm. Id get it cuz sam fisher.
>>
>>32250305

This. Assuming you already have your practical shit covered, how cool is it to you? Is something else cooler? No? Then get it, damn.
>>
>>32249824

Glock model 40
>>
File: 300BLKvs556[1].jpg (53KB, 1023x612px) Image search: [Google]
300BLKvs556[1].jpg
53KB, 1023x612px
5.7mm is a meme round. 300 ACC Blackout is the future.

Remember that a suppressed MP5-SD pushes a 9mm, 115gr projectile at 935 feet per second, and the .300 BLK round is a 220gr behemoth zipping along at 1,010 feet per second out of an unmodified M4. In USPSA speak, that’s a power factor of 109.25 for the MP5-SD and a whopping 222.2 for the .300 BLK. And yet they sound almost equally as quiet.
>>
Ovet priced pmr 30 with less capacity, and even more neutered without real Ap.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.