[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the vepr like pic related a special snowflake rifle? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 20689.jpg (55KB, 1500x310px) Image search: [Google]
20689.jpg
55KB, 1500x310px
Is the vepr like pic related a special snowflake rifle?

How many parts does it share with a regular AK?
In a hypothetical scenario where this vepr needs replacement parts(not conversion parts to make it look like a traditional AK), can you use aftermarket AK parts?
>>
>>32249116
chambered in the common AK calibers of course.
>>
>>32249116
Is it a snowflake in 7.62x54?
>>
File: VEPR in discuise.jpg (614KB, 1250x878px) Image search: [Google]
VEPR in discuise.jpg
614KB, 1250x878px
>>32249116
>Is the vepr like pic related a special snowflake rifle?
No. It's literally a Russian AK, with heavier barrel and receiver like those in RPKs. Many parts are similar or directly compatible.
The slant-cut back of the receiver is the biggest difference here, but there's an adapter.

All in all, VEPRs are top-tier AK rifles. I love my .308 Win one.
>>
>>32249353
What furniture and slant back adapter is that? Looks good.
>>
>>32249116

Only parts that would be hard if not impossible to find are bolt carriers and bolts for the .308 and 54r. Molot has been saying for years replacement parts were on the way but i never seen any so i quit looking for extractors for my .308.
>>
Seems kinda on topic.

Is the Vepr 12 decent with the wood stock furniture or is the foldable stock better? seems if you want the fold stock it's like an extra 500$.

Does anyone know a good price to get one? Atlantic fire has the wood for 800

Last question, am I stuck with just a 10 round magainze or can I put a drum on it?
>>
File: wood.jpg (28KB, 800x313px) Image search: [Google]
wood.jpg
28KB, 800x313px
>>32249990

idk... not a fan of the slant back. several years ago they were importing the 12 with a flat back with black stained wood and a pistol grip. They were beautiful guns and i wish i would have bought one i think they were $700.
>>
>>32249946
Vepr.org has a user who did a production run of 308 extractors and is in the us. Search him out there. No luck on a replacement bolt though... I've been looking
>>
>>32249835
They're starting to import flat backed ones again, limited amounts though.
>>
>>32250216

yeah i bought one and it didnt work
>>
>>32249990
foldable stock one is discontinued now from what i gather, and will cost you alot more than the $800 it was before it was replaced with the standard sporter stock version with the angled cut in the lower reciever. obviously this vepr cut makes you go out of your way to put standard AK stocks and grips on it, and looks bad when you do.
>>
>>32250260
Opinion on a different shotgun then? The 25 drum is pretty enticing.

I like the vepr but I don't feel like getting fucked up the ass just because some sellers still have theirs and reselling just to price gouge.Atlantic has the fold stock for 1200
>>
>>32250260

the folding stock Vepr's are back in stock
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/vepr-12-gauge-shotgun-with-working-side-folding-stock-detail.html?Itemid=0

but the wood stocked versions are the faggot as slant cut thumbhole stock version

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/vepr-12-11-wood-detail.html?Itemid=0
>>
>>32250320
So then the wood furnitire is garbage?
>>
>>32250369

It's heavy, you can buy a slant back adapter and put a real AK stock on it but it will always look stupid. I don't think i could bring myself to pay $500 extra for the folder though.
>>
>>32249116
might be on topic

Cosmetics aside, how big of a deal is it not being able to accept standard AK mags? Is it worth the trouble or would you rather just get a wasr for about the same price?

I heard it's an easy comversion but I am scared of drilling holes in a nice rifle.
>>
>>32250320
uh, yeah for $1200. didnt say they were all gone theyre just limited edition rare discontinued models now that they can slap 50% onto.

they were $800 a few months back just like the sporter ones are now
>>
>>32250443

Pretty sure the folders listed there are new imports. When Molot imported the first Vepr12's they were pretty much all folding stocks and they were cheap. Molot was pissed off because they were loosing a lot of money because apparently they were quite a bit more expensive to make.

Then when those dried up we started getting fixed tube stock Vepr 12's and a lot of people were pissed off because they could not remove it and run a standard AK stock.

Well now the folders are back along with a jacked up price tag. And the fucking slant cut sumbitches that they should have just made flat back.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.