[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/. I'm buying my first firearm soon. Any recommendations.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: COPGUNS online_Stolen.png (166KB, 2083x823px) Image search: [Google]
COPGUNS online_Stolen.png
166KB, 2083x823px
Hey /k/. I'm buying my first firearm soon. Any recommendations. I was thinking a Mosin Nagant.
>>
Mosins are meme guns, beloved only because of their dirt cheap price. Lately that price has gone up considerably, negating them of the only thing that made them notable.

Get a Ruger 10/22 if you want a rimfire, or if you want to go straight to a centerfire you can pick up a cheap AR like the M&P or an entry level AK like a WASR or NPAP.

You get what you pay for.
>>
Buy a nerf gun. They are the shit.
>>
>>32249075
mosins are no longer a good investment because of how pricey they've become considering its just an ancient bolt action. if we knew what you wanted the gun for, we could help a lot more. home defense, range toy, truck gun, etc.
>>
The mosin meme died.

Get a 10/22, or a shotty
>>
>>32249313
just fucking around. range shooting.
>>
File: 1477973814691.jpg (2MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
1477973814691.jpg
2MB, 3900x5008px
>>32249075
while I love my mosins and my SKS, they are no longer worth the price, especially with surplus ammo drying up.

cheap shotguns like the H&R Pardner, Maverick 88 and Stevens 320 are good.

cheaper rifles and carbines like the 10/22, hi point 995, S&W M&P 15, and NPAP AKs are solid choices.
>>
>>32249075
At the price of a good SKS or a good mosin, just get a couple extra hundred and get an AR.

I got an SKS first for $300 a year ago, and I got a MP15 2 for $700.
Not a huge price difference.
>>
>>32249133
>>32249445
Aren't people buying up .22 like crazy, driving up prices?
>>
>>32249075
You missed the mosin boat. Get a shotgun so you can have fun with different loads and also not kill your neighbor's neighbor's dog when shooting a home intruder.
>>
>>32249665
Yeah. They are and always will. I don't know the logic behind it, but everyone fears over the 22. Fucking autistic if you ask me, but that's just how it goes

Should slow down now that the election is over and it went the way most of the 22 hoarders wanted.
>>
>>32249562
whats your price range? the other anons are right for the most part. shotguns are a pretty versatile platform in general and you won't need to break the bank for a good one. i'd say a mossberg 500 is a safe choice, but you could absolutely spring for the benelli of some description if you have a few extra hundred burning a hole in your pocket. if you want to do precision, a 10/22 is a nice way to go for that. starting out with a .22 is great because it trains you not to fear the recoil and report. unfortunately, you can't do nearly as many interesting things with .22 as you can with a 12 ga. smoothe bore.

sorry for the rambling post but a price range would help a lot.
>>
>>32249917
Why would you ever buy 22 besides to teach your kid how to shoot?
>>
9mm is still cheap get a sig, cz or ar9 9mm rifle
>>
>>32250276

It's fun to plink with.
>>
>>32249665
It's been more available in the last two months than it has in the last 4 years. And we sell it in our hardware store.

Get a 10/22. Basic bare bonedess one you can find. No tactical shit. You can always add that later. I finally got one last summer. I've had guns for decades. But that lil 10/22 is a good all around fun.
>>
>>32250276
Yeah I don't get telling new gun owners to buy a 10/22 as their first gun. It would get old fast if that's all you had to shoot because it feels like a toy, not suited for home defense, and can't be used for hunting large game.

Right now I'd say the best "1st Gun" would be a Chinese sks.

>can be had for ~300 bucks
>you can refinish stock for a fun project
>has some history behind it
>hunt duur and hogs depending on state
>ammo is cheap (well, relatively)
>stripper clips are fun to practice with and get fast with
>kick ass bayonet
>>
>>32249075
I have a Mosin. They're fun but if it is your first gun go for a 10/22 for a rifle. It is cheap to own, and there are tons of modifications that will keep you interested in the gun. A Mosin will have a kick to it and wear your shoulder out after 50 rounds or so. That is the difference basically.
>>
>>32250366
So where can I get this Chinese sks for such a price?
>>
>>32251376
you could try looking around at gun shows, but with any used/surplus gun you need to know what to look for to make sure you're not getting scammed.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.