[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My only .22 rifle has been a single shot Remington target master

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0809.jpg (30KB, 825x195px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0809.jpg
30KB, 825x195px
My only .22 rifle has been a single shot Remington target master

What quality can I expect if I buy a new Ruger 10/22?
>>
>>32237692
two times the firing speed.
>>
>>32237714
no it would be 10/22ths of the normal firing spead, so almost 1/2 as fast
>>
>>32237692
To be laughed at as a pleb by the m60 masterrace
>>
>>32237692
Heavier.

Lightest barrel for 10/22 is stock one and it's heavier than marlins.
>>
>>32240426
There are actually lighter aftermarket bull barrels. Whistle-Pig and the PWS T3 Summit barrel come to mind, they're both tension-sleeved.
>>
>>32237692
Sights are not that great, the trigger is a bit rough, and the mag release sucks. Having said that, the 10/22 has a huge aftermarket to fix those issues. The problem is that you will end up spending more money on an already overpriced .22 when you could have bought something else and saved quite a bit of cash.
>>
>>32237692
Get an HK MP5 22LR. It's a beautiful thing.
>>
>>32237692
Just an all around OK rifle. It's a scaled down AR in that you'll likely spend more time buying parts and tinkering with it than you will shooting it, but it shoots OK. The mag release is kind of shitty without an extension, its heavy for a .22, and I have yet to find an aftermarket mag that runs well in it. I'm partial to the older Marlin 60 over the 10/22, but I really can't recommend a newer one due to reliability and QC issues I've heard about. If you're already planning on dropping a fair bit of scratch into a .22, I'd say get a Henry instead, but if you're willing to do some pawn shop and gun show hunting and can dig up a pre-'94 Marlin 60, I'd go with that instead.
>>
Get a Marlin 60.

I think the only downside is actually the plastic trigger guard that is prone to breaking. Tube mag feels just right on a little .22 plinker.
>>
>>32237692
A lot of fun.
>>
>>32245198
+1 this. I like my model 60, wish it had swappable clipazines.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.