[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here is from Illinois? Where in Illinois? Any good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: ill.jpg (8KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
ill.jpg
8KB, 276x183px
Who here is from Illinois?

Where in Illinois? Any good places to go shooting?
>>
File: 1480971274169.jpg (186KB, 1297x977px) Image search: [Google]
1480971274169.jpg
186KB, 1297x977px
I hear Chicago is the place for shooting.
>>
>>32234674
Pretentious north suburbs here. Fuck these local laws.
>>
Me, Chicago suburbs, Wisconsin
>>
Illinoifag here crystal lake gat guns is were I go. sadly not many places to go shoot that don't cost a arm or a leg.
>>
>>32234674
Highland
>>
>>32234767
Git out flatlander reeeeee
>>
>>32234674
I'm originally from rural southeastern Illinois.

I live in Portland, OR now, in the city proper.

Ironically, the gun laws here in the city are much better than where I grew up.
>>
>>32234917
Yo where at? I was about 35min southeast of Carbondale and I agree, Hellinois is an unbelievable clusterfuck when it comes to guns. Shit state in general really unless you have a decent farm. Even then, the state tries to tax it away from you.
>>
File: deep dish chicago pizza.png (2MB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
deep dish chicago pizza.png
2MB, 1200x800px
>>32234674
>Illinois
favorite place to get some 'go 'za?
>>
File: 1480649935177.png (38KB, 250x276px) Image search: [Google]
1480649935177.png
38KB, 250x276px
>>32234855
Living in Highland Park is pain.
>>
>>32234767
Wtf are you associating with Chicago fags if you're from Wisconsin?!?

You're on a 1 month cheese and sausage suspension. Fuck around again and the beers gone too.
>>
>>32234766
Which northern suburb? I used to live in LF, until I left a couple of years ago.

>>32234674
Zion has a new indoor range that allows rifles, and not just .22lrs, to be shot there. Gonna check it out with the folks when I visit them during Christmas
>>
>>32235936
Oh shit, not Jewland Park. They really hate funs there! Shit, I remember when some sleezeball politician was going from town to town to discuss CCW, and he went full defense mode in Lake Forest and Deerfield, while full rabid liberal in Jewland Park
>>
>>32234674
Southside Chicago is the best place to go shooting. Its free and the police dont give a shit.
>>
>>32236084
he saying he lives in Illinois but shoots in Wisconsin you autist
>>
>>32236243
Not surprised. Also, if locals have questions about the legality of a firearm they need to call Commander Jerry Cameron. He knows nothing about firearms which is sad.
>be me
>call Jerry Cameron to ask which model of the vz. 58 is legal
>"what's a vz.58"
>at this moment i'm in shock and disbelief because he's the one who enforces the fucking law in Highland Park
>I tell him that its a rifle that has no interchangeability with ak parts, so its not an ak (ak variants are banned in Highland Park)
>"oh ok, as long as it doesn't have a barrel shroud and a folding stock its fine.
This fucking town is something else.
>>
>>32236518
>AK variants are banned in Highland Park
Shit that blows. In Lake Forest, as long as the gun is allowed in IL, and as long as you don't shoot it in the town (save for cases of self defense), it's fine.

Then again, last I heard, Lake Forest has the highest concentration of gun owners in the state.
>>
>>32236604
Oh yeah, and the town recently booted a huge anti-fun councilman and was replaced by a very pro-fun one.
>>
>>32236604
Thats not all thats banned.

(7) Shall include, but not be limited to, the Assault Weapons models identified as follows:
(a) The following rifles or copies or duplicates thereof:
(i) AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, Misr, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR;
(ii) AR-10;
(iii) AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, or
Olympic Arms PCR; (iv) AR70;
(v) Calico Liberty;
(vi) Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU;
(vii) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FNC;
(viii) Hi-Point Carbine;
(ix) HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, or HK-PSG-1;
(x) Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;
(xi) Saiga;
(xii) SAR-8, SAR-4800;
(xiii) SKS with Detachable Magazine;
(xiv) SLG 95;
(xv) SLR 95 or 96;
(xvi) Steyr AUG;
(xvii) Sturm, Ruger Mini-14;
(xviii) Tavor;
(xix) Thompson 1927, Thompson M1, or Thompson 1927 Commando; or
(xx) Uzi, Galil and Uzi Sporter, Galil Sporter, or Galil
Sniper Rifle (Galatz).
(b) The following pistols or copies or duplicates thereof:
(i) Calico M-110;
(ii) MAC-10, MAC-11, or MPA3;
(iii) Olympic Arms OA;
(iv) TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10; or
(v) Uzi.
(c) The following shotguns or copies or duplicates thereof:
(i) Armscor 30 BG;
(ii) SPAS 12 or LAW 12;
(iii) Striker 12; or
(iv) Streetsweeper.
>>
>>32236659
>They even banned their own kinsman's weapons
I'm surprised their law just isn't
>No guns allowed
Then again, this is why those from Waukegan and North Chicago prefer to rob Highland Park, despite Lake Forest having much more wealth. Only things that get stolen in LF are ipads in cars
>>
File: IMG_0062.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0062.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>32234674
I'm sitting here in Western Springs. My usual spot is to go up to Maxon Shooter's in Des Plaines, but I'm looking at the Aurora Sportsman's Club heading into 2017 for the 600 yard bay, the CMP check off, and the two-gun match that they run there.

Bit of a longshot, but are there any /k/ommandos that are members there in Aurora?
>>
File: 20150920_222729.jpg (257KB, 1677x943px) Image search: [Google]
20150920_222729.jpg
257KB, 1677x943px
>>32234674
>Any good places to go shooting?
Nope, I go to IN for that shit.

>>32235166
Pequod's
>>
Brookfield here. Where do you fags go shooting here? Is Point Blank over in Hodgkins any good? Also, is WASR legal here?
>>
>>32238225
GTR Sporting Club because it's the closest.
>>
>>32234767
This, the ranges here blow
>>
File: Gulls.jpg (4MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Gulls.jpg
4MB, 3984x2988px
Clinton County here

South Central is best Illinois. Go too far south and you're getting mugged in Cairo, go too far north and you get mugged in Chicago. Stay in Clinton County and all you get is a DUI
>>
Holding it down in P-Town. The water smells like ass and is so hard that it tastes like I'm drinking dirt. Everyone here is a fudd and we've got like a Dick's and one super tacticool shop.

I did not miss Illinois. All my rifles are still down in Florida.
>>
>>32238448
Clinton County eh? I used to date a girl from Breese. From Madison County myself.
>>
>>32234772
Fuck GAT guns. Why would you not go to ontarget?
>>
>>32235086
about three hours or so straight east from St. Louis.
>>
>>32234674
If your in the north east, IN is usually your best bet.

On a related note, what the fuck happened to willow slough? I leave for a year and come back to a closed and fenced range with a fee and other dumb bullshit like safety officers. Had to drive an extra hour to jasper-pulaski to actually shoot.
>>
>>32234674
Anybody else here near Frankfort?
>>
>>32234674
I'm about a half-hour south of Joliet. I shoot on private property outside our city limits.
>>
>>32234767
Stay out fib
>>
>>32236743
Not a member since I moved to wi from western burbs 10+ years ago. Good friend of mine is a member though. It's a hike (waterman?) but the range is decent. Things to know :
- it's expensive as hell and you're watched like a hawk in your first year or two.
- you have to qualify via their class to use the 600 yard range.
- the shotgun area is outstanding.
- guests are very limited and they have to pay a 10 dollar range fee and sign paperwork.

I've been three times.
>>
There's a new range on the southside that's pretty nice, not even joking, it's a converted car dealership.
>>
I live near St. Louis. I own property near Mt. Vernon and shoot there.

Also
>fuck the Cubs
>>
>>32235936
Heh - Highland Park here too. I feel your pain; bought my house two weeks before the local law change. Fuck Rotering.
>>
>>32234674
Grew up in Hancock County, currently reside across the river in MO.

Really ain't shit for public shooting areas in/around Hancock County, but the county gun club is decently nice and easy/cheap to get in to. Just don't be a tard and don't drink on site.
>club offers 2 trap fields (bring your own birds or compete in one of the 3 leagues where it's staffed), 300m covered rifle bay, and 50ft indoor pistol range. Rifle bay has a reactionary target table at 25m and the ability to set spinners/steel at any distance, plus a 6" gong at 300m
They offer trap, NRA pistol, and smallbore rifle leagues as well as monthly competitions in buffalo shoots, mousegun shoots, bowling pin shoots, extreme buffalo shoots, various black powder shoots, etc. and occasionally host BPCR, IHMSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge, and SASS sanctioned events.
>>
>>32239368
Carlyle here.

Breese a shit.
>>
>>32238639
There's Presleys in Pekin which has retarded good deals sometimes.
>>
Im in morris. Stopped in to the local fun store and they said they are opening up some lanes in the spring
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.