[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for you guys: what the hell is a "registered gun"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 1349895094682.jpg (246KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1349895094682.jpg
246KB, 1280x960px
Question for you guys: what the hell is a "registered gun" or is it just a media term?
>>
>>32225521
Like in "The gun was registered in his name?"
>>
>>32225521
Registered guns in the US is a meme. Only IL does anything like this, unless you count machineguns.
>>
>>32225521
Media through and through.

Or it refers to what the califonian commies are starting with the scary salt rifles, but as far as people saying it generally, there is no registry present.
>>
>>32225541
More along the lines of, "he was in possession of an unregistered gun."
>>
>>32225521
It's a media term. Gun registries are illegal.
>>
>>32225521
Some places make you register the gun in your name on a list, some places don't. Movies tend to treat gun registration as being more common than it is for plot convenience.
>>
>>32225553
Gun that wasn't registered in his name. So, a gun they traced the serial to and found it was not purchased by him. Or a NFA piece that he didn't tell the ATF about.
>>
>>32225559
Meanwhile in CA...

Also NFA items.
>>
>>32225553
Usually refers to pistols, at least in NY and places that tend to be communist.
>>
>>32225571
>>32225582

So in most states this doesn't exist?
>>
>>32225544

Massachusetts does it for hand guns and "large capacity rifles" aka their cucked version of ARs and other scary rifles. Shit I think all guns might need registration there.

Also isn't it SC or NC that has a hand gun registry?
>>
>>32225608
God no, registries don't exist in America (California need not apply). It's just a term used when they find a stolen gun.
>>
>>32225608
No. Only states that require you to register pistols ie NY and probably Cali.
These retards are thinking the NICS background check is a registration kind of deal. Shit even people I know thought that, it's just misinformation and the media can swing it for their agenda.
>>
>>32225674
>>32225685
Great, thanks for the clarification.
>>
>>32225661
NC has a pistol-purchase-permit law, but that's not quite a registry. Basically just a piece of paper you need to have to buy a pistol. It's a background check and like $5.

You need to show it to anybody making a public or private sale, but the sale itself is never recorded, just the fact that you got a PPP.
>>
Was in the theater, watching Arrival. While showing some news broadcasts. The TV news said "the ATF had suspended issuing of new gun licences. which will force some small independent gun retailers out of business".

lol.

The ATF doesn't issue licenses for private gun ownership.
>>
>>32225685
Hawaii does too.
>>
>>32225724
Forgot to add: It's super cheap because it was literally invented as a racist law back in the Jim Crow days so cops could deny guns to black people.

These days NC gun owners will occasionally make a fuss about it, but the cops like the easy revenue too much and a $5 rubber stamp permit is hard to get people fired up about.
>>
>>32225732
Yes it does. They're talking about FFL holders, hence retailers.
>>32225715
No problem.
>>
>>32225521
REMOVE
>>
>>32225521
Why do the Russians look like the pirates, and the Somalians look like hostages/crew?
>>
>>32225759
FFLs are renewed yearly, but the movie was obviously trying imply the idea of licenses to own guns.
>>
NFA firearms are the only thing that is "registered" everything else is a buzz word/ media fuck up
>>
they tried to make us do it here in Connecticut. Something like 800k people didnt do it with our AR-15's. So now they're all illegal and if we get caught we go to jail for unregistered fire arm. Never follow unconstitutional law.
>>
Are they trying to normalize the idea of registries or are they just too dumb to understand how legal buying and owning of firearms works?
>>
>>32225544
NJ registers all pistols sold, and offers a voluntary registry for shotguns and rifles. Don't know anyone who actually does that though. They say it helps you recover them if they're stolen, but I haven't met anyone who buys that, even the cops I know laugh at it.
>>
>>32226537
>They say it helps you recover them if they're stolen, but I haven't met anyone who buys that, even the cops I know laugh at it.
If it's not checked at FFLs (including pawn shops) when they're sold then it wouldn't do shit. Probably no better than just writing the serials down at home.
>>
>>32226498
They're too dumb. A large large part of the population believes that all firearms are registered.
>>
>>32225544
Illinois does not have a fucking registry. Get your shit straight before you start spreading lies.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.