[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me why this isn't currently the best non magnified

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: 932162.jpg (187KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
932162.jpg
187KB, 880x660px
Tell me why this isn't currently the best non magnified optic on the market

protip
>ya cant
>>
>>32221691
It's too bad the Trijicon reflex series suck in bright light. When they aren't washed out by the sun, the triangles are my favorite reflex/red dot reticles. I could care less about the tritium aspect, because at night with ambient lighting the fiber optics provide ok brightness.
>>
>>32221756
Don't try and shoot the sun and you'll be fine.

Also show me where the tritium and fiber optic is in the MRO. Until then, keep talking out your ass

MRO is GOAT
>>
>>32221691
>T. Never used an aimpoint micro
>>
>>32221815
I am not talking about the MRO you stupid nigger. The Trijicon reflex series is a completely different line of sights.
>>
I've had 2 of them and the finish is flakier than a meth addict's scabs.
>>
>non magnified
>>
>>32221910
>paying couple hundo more for less field of view
no thanks

>>32221951
You mean the line of sights that are more expensive and twice as heavy? Nope, MRO GOAT

>>32221980
oh no my stuff looks like I use it
>>
>>32221951
And yet this thread is about the MRO you stupid autist faggot.
>>
Astigmatism, can't handle scopes and optics even with my glasses, it's like looking at a 3D movie, makes my head spin and is frustrating.

It'll be irons for me, lads.
>>
>>32222139
Your fucked up eyes don't mean the GOAT optic is at fault

also irons a shit when the MRO exists
>>
>>32222189
I never said the optic was bad, just stated that I can never determine if it is or isn't.
>>
That's not a holosun.
>>
>>32222139
Same, irons and long eye relief scopes for me. I found out that the Scout Rifle concept at least helps me shoot with glass, even if I disagree on some of the principles.
>>
>>32222204
Ok, thanks for sharing
>>
>>32222139

get a 1x prism scope like the Vortex Spitfire 1x or Vortex Spitfire AR. Has an etched reticle so it's clear with or without your glasses on. I prefer to use mine unpowered during the day and a low level brightness during the night.
>>
>>32222119
No, this thread is about inviting counter claims as to what the best RDS is, and that poster offered a competitor (in their opinion) that had a flaw.

Fuck off, sperglord.
>>
i really wanted to try the MRO, but i think im going to go with another h1 instead. i havent had enough time behind the MRO to say anything one way or the other but all these little issues are cumulative for me. ill go with the safe bet in the h1.
ontop of all that, im leery of new trijicon stuff, they always seem to fuck up early on (and i still consider the MRO relatively new)
>>
Because it has a fishbowl effect at the edges.
I'd rather have any other aimpoint, preferably a micro but really any would do.
>>
>>32222055
>FOV on a red dot

You're actually retarded, aren't you?
>>
>>32222055
>field of view
What is shooting with both eyes open?
Like how you're supposed to with red dots.
>>
>>32222541
>being this bad at reading comprehension

>>32222541
>>
>>32222791
First thing, thanks for the multiple (you)s, normally I only get one per reply but you're being generous.

Second, what exactly did you want from this thread? If it's truly the best, did you want no replies since no one can disagree, or just a litany of yes responses? Or did you want arguments as to what optic is best, with other people arguing against you?

Or was it just meant for shitposting all along. Either way, you're a retard and once again you should fuck off.
>>
>>32221691

1. It's not an aimpoint.
2. Not expensive enough.
>>
>>32222189
I only bench, the post.
>>
>>32222249
Quints rule, but the Scout concept does too.
>>
>>32221691
just got one on black Friday for 441 shipped.

Took it shooting on my ar pistol, I like it a lot.
I think I did alright.
>>
>>32222055
>oh no my stuff looks like I use it
Jesus christ thank you. If my guns/gear don't get knocked around and still work they get left in the safe.
>>
>>32221691
Is it as cheap as it looks?
>>
>>32222031
this exactly
>>
I have tried a myriad of the smaller high-end red dots, and my vote goes to aimpoint. The MRO ain't bad, but the image distorts a bit around the edges, also for some reason it gave me trouble in very cold weather (-35). Now I only have 4 months with the MRO but I decided to sell it.

Aimpoint micro all the way. And if that is too big for you, take one of the really small Docters.
>>
File: WP_20161201_003[2].jpg (2MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161201_003[2].jpg
2MB, 3072x1728px
Because the Aimpoint MDs exist famarino.
>>
I got mine because it was on sale for like $375. I think it's the best red dot out there right now. I've owned EoTechs, Aimpoint PROs and T1's, and used a Mepro Trudot.

Literally no complaints.
>>
>>32222139
Some magnified scopes are OK with astigmatism, especially ones with adjustable optics. I have pretty horrible astigmatism, bad enough that I can't even get contacts, but I've shot with scopes that are perfectly fine for me.

Non-mag optics are a different story, though. Simple red dots with a small dot are alright, and the smaller the dot is the less of a factor the distortion is. Big dots and more complicated reticles are a clusterfuck, though, I can't hit shit with an EoTech.
>>
>MRO

fucking poorfags shitting up my board with their airshitter-tier gear
>>
File: 100_0180.jpg (2MB, 4586x1681px) Image search: [Google]
100_0180.jpg
2MB, 4586x1681px
>>32221691
It's not an aimpoint m4, that's why
>>
>>32221691
Aimpoint PRO, Aimpoint M4, well any Aimpoint basically.
>>
>>32221691
>parallax out the ass
>dot bloom with anything above a low setting
>red glare with ANY backlight
>randomly stops working for no apparent reason

It looks different, I'll give it that.
>>
>>32225012
Are you Larry "Cheeseburgers" Vickers?
>>
>>32221756
>I could care less
Then do

>>32222031
>>non magnified
...is parallax free

>>32222139
>It'll be irons for me, lads.
How do you like the irons at night?
>>
>>32221691
>shitty blue tint
>slight magnification
>highest brightness settings are LOW, equal to that of shitty chink clones
>if you crank up a aimpoint it's like staring into the fucking sun
>battery contacts with shittier tensile strength than chink steel
>pants on head different size glass
if they had made the glass 25mm it would be the sweet spot between a micro 20mm and full sized 30mm aimpoint and clone offerings
>entering the market late when the latest tacticool trend is 1-4/1-6 variable optics

all around vaporware product that quickly lost steam after initial launch. only good thing about it is it's priced right for what a tough rds should cost but falls flat

only thing keep that company afloat is govt contracts because every rds they make is subpar and they're fixed optic are overpriced as fuck

6/10
buy a used aimpoint or new chink dot
>>
>>32227173
>if you crank up a aimpoint it's like staring into the fucking sun
The first time I turned on my H-2 I cranked the bitch to 12 just to see how it was. That hurt.
>>
>>32221815
>Don't try and shoot (in[?]) the sun and you'll be fine.
Completely retarded/10 comment.

>>32221910
The T-2 is literally the best RDS on the market (most people I know shoot under NODs as well though, everyone's requirements differ), I would recommend it to anyone not constrained by budget.

>>32222031
Deployed, I've been running most of my guns with FFP 1-6x optics.

>>32222055
>paying couple hundo more for less field of view
You should take that couple hundo and take some classes from some reputable people like Frank Proctor, JD Potynsky, Tom/Scott Spooner, or Pat McNamara so they can teach you about how you don't know how to properly select or utilize your gear. FOV on a RDS is irrelevant. Pat even runs a damn RMR on his rifle, just for the weight savings - what do you think the FOV is like on that?
>>
>>32224742
>long tube
>4moa dot
get with the times, grandpa
>>
I have a T2, PRO, and MRO

Tier list in order
>T2
>MRO
>PRO
>>
File: IMG_4739.jpg (64KB, 1624x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4739.jpg
64KB, 1624x720px
>>32227963
>m-muh tube effect
argo fuck yourself
>>
>>32227963
>8 year AA battery life
That's pretty fucking nice desu
>>
File: IMG_4741.jpg (68KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4741.jpg
68KB, 700x500px
>>32227963
quick someone tell Norway they're using outdated tech before Russia invades
>>
>>32221910
>spending $800 when PA makes it for $200
>>
>>32228600
Optics, of any kind, you pay for what you get. There's a reason PA red dots are inexpensive - I'm not saying they're shit quality, but they're nowhere as near efficient, durable, or reliable as something made by Aimpoint, Trijicon, or any other company that primarily deals in products for military contracts.
>>
>>32227963
2 moa actually, just had to get that oout of the way.
>>
>>32221691
fish eye, the Aimpoint micro t-2 is light years better.
>>
File: strikefire-2.jpg (49KB, 800x467px) Image search: [Google]
strikefire-2.jpg
49KB, 800x467px
Watch out! Best bang for buck coming through
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.