[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /k/ help me out? Im trying to get a gun but my BG check

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0512.jpg (2MB, 2702x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0512.jpg
2MB, 2702x2000px
Can /k/ help me out?

Im trying to get a gun but my BG check has been "delayed" it has been like that for 4 days and apparently acadomy does not follow the three day rule... I dont get it, i have never even gotten a a speeding ticket what the hell is taking so long? I have anither gun being shipped to an another ffl, so it worries me knowing that i might get delayed again. I know there is no way around it, but am i just unlucky, or is there a possibility they made a typo which is causing the delay?

>pic not related
>>
>>32221360
>I dont get it, i have never even gotten a a speeding ticket what the hell is taking so long?
Someone with a similar name in your rough area is raging fuckbag.

Happens to my father all the time.
>>
>>32221360
If you have a somewhat common name, there are probably 3 shitbags who share it who have serious criminal records. If you chose not to put your SSN on your 4473 (and I don't blame you if you didn't) then they could be making sure you are who you say you are.
>>
>>32221399
>>32221404
I live in the greater mexican reich that is deep south texas, i wouldent be surprised if 30 people had my damn name with serious records. Thing was i did put my ssn down on the ap, the reason im saying what about a typo, is because i felt the seller may have felt a 4 was a 9 or some shit. Not much to do other han wait it out it seems.
>>
>>32221465
You could outright call the feds about it, if it's a common problem you can get a special card for it or something.

Out of interest, what actually is your name? Not like we can dox someone by a name alone (certainly not a common one).
>>
>>32221360
>acadomy does not follow the three day rule

Tell them if they won't give you your gun you want to cancel your purchase and get your money back. They can either complete your purchase or let you buy a gun from someone who won't waste your time.
>>
>be me
>have a pretty uncommon name
>share a name with a pedophile, a meth head and a wifebeater that all live within an hour of me
Never able to buy a gun without a shitload of hassle. It got a bit better after I talked to the local police to get some shit figured out, but it still sucks.
>>
>>32221360
I work at Academy on the gun counter. In an average week we will get maybe 2-3 "CONDITIONAL NON APPROVAL" back from NICS. Usually when this happens its just someone has a felony that has your same name and they are looking into it. When they approve you or deny you they call us and let us know. We will call you and let you know after we get the information. It would not hurt for you to call them and ask if its back yet. It is possible they made a typo, but I always read the info I put in at least 2-3 times to make sure I did not goof. You should be fine, if not and you get a "NON APPROVAL" than the employee will give you a packet with some information on it on how you can appeal it. If this is a continuing trend when you purchase guns than you should apply for a "UPIN" which is a "UNIQUE PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER" which will make sure you don't have any further delays when you purchase guns. I hope this has been helpful.
-Academy Employee
>>
>>32222207
You need to simmer down there buckaroo. He is not able to purchase the gun until he gets an APPROVAL or a NON APPROVAL. This is Academy company policy. He has made no purchase and is free to go to another gun shop and buy his gun there. The Academy employee is not wasting his time, that would be the federal government wasting his time. No big gun store company follows the 3 day rule because that would be a nightmare for PR and shit like that.
>>
>>32225172
Thank you for that info, i just hope when my other gun gets delivered to my ffl, things are smoother, they are a local joint so hopefully they do follow the 3 day rule if it comes to that. Ill be patient for now with this whole acadomy thing. Its not their fault anyway
>>
>>32225376
No problem friend. If this is a problem you run into often I suggest getting a UPIN. I know Academy not following the 3 day rule is kind of shit, but that is a rule made by the owners not the little employees like me. I will tell you what tho we have awesome prices. A local joint will follow the 3day rule for sure. Call Academy in the morning to make sure, just ask to speak to an associate at the gun counter. The gun counter is usually pretty busy this time of year so it might take a while for an associate to pick up the phone.
>>
Just wait. I've had customers that purchased guns before have longer delays than they had with earlier firearm purchases.
Dick's won't sell a gun until they receive a proceed either.
In Georgia we don't have to submit the 4473 to NICS for the background check if he person has a carry license, so they don't have to worry about a delay. Another reason to get a license if it works like this in your state.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.