[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the L85 as good as people say it is? I've never really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7382.jpg (100KB, 800x318px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7382.jpg
100KB, 800x318px
Is the L85 as good as people say it is?
I've never really got a straight answer when it comes to how good it really is.
>>
>>32213942
The A1 is shit, the A2 is good but not great. Any other answers you get will come from anime or memes.
>>
>>32214008
This basically.

The Germans fixed the reliability problems, but they couldn't fix the "why bother, the AUG exists" problems.
>>
>>32214008
Do Bullpup rifles in general just tend to be bad then?
>>
>>32214027
It is not bad, just different and old by modern standards.
>>
>>32214043
Well at least they're getting a replacement soon I think?
Does make me wonder if it'll be the same concept.
>>
>>32213942
are you the guy who posted here about to buy one for like $17000?
>>
>>32214064
No 5.56 rifle exists that justifies the cost of replacing them all, maybe when they are all worn out like the FAMAS (which is only 4 years older).
>>
>>32213942
There was a guy a while back who tried making l85s locally here in USA, but stopped cause of loss of money or interest. A interesting fact is a milled reciver improved it's efficiency
>>
>>32214086
They do feel somewhat like a weighty plastic toy from experience.
Couldn't really get into the feel of it.
>>
>>32214134
They feel solid though, when tucked into the shoulder there is no weight at all since it is back heavy.
>>
Its the Skoda of the gun world. Spent about 30 years being absolute trash and a dangerous liability to those who used it, then they fixed it, but it still cant shake off the reputation of its past mediocrity.
>>
>>32214147
Oh yeah, for sure. I mean it's been a year since I've felt one so I might see about having a go at firing it again.
>>32214204
Fair enough.
It is still a shame to see its reputation dwindling.
>>
>>32213942
Pros:
>Accurate as fuck
>All the weight is in the shoulder so fatigue is not an issue
>SUSAT was standard issue when everyone else was using irons, including the USA
>Stoppages are rare since the A2
>Accepts all modern sights and rail equipment
>Fantastic sling
Cons:
>A bastard to clean
>Overall weight is heavy for a 5.56
>New parts no longer being produced
>Expensive even in the 80's
>A lot of parts to clean if you go beyond the basic field strip.
>>
>>32214306
I guess that summarises it.
More major pros then cons, so I guess at the end of the day it can still be a reliable rifle.
>>
>>32214027
No.
L85 is.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.