[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you disarm someone with a shield /k/? My googlefu is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

How do you disarm someone with a shield /k/?

My googlefu is weak, or its a useless tactic no one practices. Couldn't you pull the shield to the ground, use your foot as a fulcrum and pull the defend over with his shield using it as leverage?

What about weapons designed with chains that can wrap or strike behind, like a morning star or whip?
>>
>>32211553
Zerg the fuck out of them and trap them under their shield. Pull the shield away from them with a hook or some shit. Or defeat the shield with a bullet.
>>
>>32211553
You don't disarm people with shields, you stab then around their shield.
>>
>>32211601
what if neither of you have weapons but they have a shield
>>
>>32211615
Grab shield with both, plant a food on it, and then use your weight to put it away from them. Without a weapon to grant them some extra reach, they won't be able to stop you once you get a grip on it.
>>
>>32211706
would that work against riot police?
>>
>>32211990
If it was just one officer in the middle of a field with no backup. If you try it you're getting a club shoved up your ass sideways.
>>
Shoot them.
>>
>>32211553
a massive kick can throw them off balance, but you need to know how to kick
>>
>>32211553
What kind of shield are you talking about?
>>
>>32212005
This and riot police are going to have club or shotgun in their right hand. So, not unarmed.
>>
>>32212878
what if we were talking about riot shields
>>
>>32215605
>try to grab at police riot shield
>Get: shot, beat, gassed, hit, smacked, water cannoned, kicked, raped, slapped, shot with non lethal, tazed, tackled to the ground, skullfucked, imprisoned, etc.
>>
>>32212769
where would you kick?
>>
>>32215645
>you cant do that
>police shoot protesters all the time
>viciously assault everyone
>aren't afraid of tear gassing themselves
>every cop has a water cannon
>taze every protestor who gets close
>break their ranks and chase down people, I heard a single cop can take 5 protesters
>anon everyone will get arrested

Luckily thats not how riots work. The particular pacificst pussy ones in america short of only the most extreme BLM esque ones, but look at Ukraine, or South Africa, or *some* american ones, a good comparison to counter literally everything you said, is that close contact does happen frequently, and few if any of those things happen to the actual protestor. There are many situations where 1 on 1 or group on group contact happens. There is plenty of opportunity to try to disarm a shield.
>>
>>32215899
If the shields are out, there's not going to be just one lone officer out of view down a side street bub. You're going to have his buddy or potentially 3 on you like white on rice within seconds.
>>
>>32215981
>his buddy or potentially 3
How come cops are the only ones who get to use mob tactics? This game just isn't fair right now, your rules are dumb.
>>
>>32216398
I mean, rioters can use mob tactics, cops are just better equipped to disperse them.
>>
>>32216402
theres ussually more rioters then cops kiddo. All I am saying is, cops are good at CQB or whatever you want to call it. But they arent fucking demigods or MMA fighters, they are average cucks like you or me. Non lethal doesn't stop adrenaline hyped pissed off protestors.
>>
You'll end up focusing the shield instead of the opponent, which is it the real danger as he can easily drop the shield and give you a single blow with *insert melee weapon here* in the head, leaving you out of combat really quickly
Whips are literally useless against shields, they weren't used in large battles for a reason, they are tools for cutting flesh not armor
Morning stars aren't a good idea, if you plan to kill him it's fine but the spikes could lock on the shield depending on the impact leaving you disarmed: use a mace or a club
>>
>>32211553
You throw a pilum at them. The tip is hardened, but the iron neck is long and ductile. Vontrary to popular history, it appears that it was designed to penetrate an enemy shield and then bend, either stabbing him behind the shield or sticking, rendering it heavy, unbalanced, and useless.
So you either kill him outright or force him to drop his shield.
>>
Couldn't have been that big of an advantage considering how many times the legions got royally BTFO
>>
>>32217909
Must've been a huge advantage because shield walls have been used for thousands of years.
>>
OP, feds are swarming on boards like /k/ where weapons are mentioned, you better be ready for a midnight visitation and some good old anal probing.
>>
>>32211553

get a Falx
>>
File: IMG_2265.jpg (63KB, 900x1335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2265.jpg
63KB, 900x1335px
>You see those warriors from Hammerfell? They’ve got curved swords. Curved. Swords.
>>
>>32211615
Then
1. Why the fuck are you fighting? Literally what fucking outcome were you expecting when you decided to go fisticuffs with someone with a full-blown shield? Are you mentally handicapped and/or on mind-altering drugs?
2. Wait for him to get tired then punch him in the throat
>>
>>32211553
Just rush him and push that shit into him
>>
>>32218932
>1. Why the fuck are you fighting? Literally what fucking outcome were you expecting when you decided to go fisticuffs with someone with a full-blown shield? Are you mentally handicapped and/or on mind-altering drugs?

>this exact situation has never happened before, in the histroy ever
[ ] wrong
[x] really wrong
>>
File: 1354612165990.jpg (79KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1354612165990.jpg
79KB, 500x380px
>>32216445
>kiddo
>>
>>32216445
>more rioters than cops
Until they get btfo'd
>non-lethals don't stop anything
K
>>
>>32215829
it's on the top right trigger.

Scutums are pretty large and make it harder to turn sharply. On its own it's large enough to be a liability. With bare hands, you can grab it if they try to jab you with the bottom rim. The real problem is people don't use a shield without a weapon.
>>
>>32211706
I don't know if that would work, if Someone was reaching for my shield I'd slap their shit with that shield.
>>
File: shield types with names.jpg (92KB, 1023x580px) Image search: [Google]
shield types with names.jpg
92KB, 1023x580px
>>32211553
Which shield is your opponent wielding in the fight, OP?
>>
>>32211615
But anon. Shield is a weapon.
>>
>>32219658
>this exact situation was a really really bad idea then too
>>
>>32211990
>>32212005
>>32213166
>>32215605
>>32215645
>>32215899
>>32215981
>>32216398
>>32216402
>>32216445

>would that work against riot police?
No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8LiQFnkuJY
>>
>>32221057
this is a training excercise, and you didn't actuall read >>32216445
>>
>>32221029
>beating around the bush: the post
>>
>>32211553
Not easily. You need to grab the edges with both hands and wrench it away from your opponent while somehow evading his counterattacks.
>>
50bmg
>>
Use Molotov cocktail
>>
File: 15841984875.jpg (21KB, 929x467px) Image search: [Google]
15841984875.jpg
21KB, 929x467px
>>32211706
>plant a food on it
>>
I always wanted to get a riot police shield
Would be pretty cool tbqh.
>>
PILUM motherfucker.
>>
File: polearms.jpg (25KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
polearms.jpg
25KB, 500x264px
With a billhook.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.