[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't grunts carry sidearms on base anymore? it seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 1476503805336.jpg (212KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1476503805336.jpg
212KB, 1200x675px
Why can't grunts carry sidearms on base anymore?

it seems stupid that trained professionals can't open carry.

Do officers and MP's just not trust your average grunt? does it interfere with maintaining order?
>>
Remember Full Metal Jacket? For that reason right there.
>>
>>32210987
>Do officers and MP's just not trust your average grunt? does it interfere with maintaining order?
nothin to do with military brass I think, the result of pansy ass civillian politicians
>>
>>32210987
It has nothing about being a grunt, or a non grunt. Or even an officer. You carry a weapon on base if you're on duty, training it, or its part of your job like an MP.

Even officers, or any enlisted cannot just carry Willy nilly. Unless Trump changes that.
>>
>trained professionals
>>
>>32211003
>Remember that shitty movie that's based in fiction?
>>
>>32211018
Trump already won the election. He doesn't need to keep pretending to like the military to get stupid people to vote for him
>>
>>32210987
Not enough pistols.
Average niggers and E3s would lose them
>>
>>32211031
>remember that one guy who fucking lost it and murdered his Drill Sergeant?

1/10 nigger, made me reply.
>>
Enlisted are retarded Mexicans who have "beefs" with other equally retarded enlisted. The last thing we need is those dumb fucks created quasi-gang wars over stupid shit. Better to disarm them and smoke them when they get bored.

The 11As and USMC 0302s are more trustworthy than their enlisted counterparts.
>>
>>32210987
I'd barely trust most of the soldiers I've met with a spoon, much less a pistol unsupervised.
>>
>>32210987
>grunts
>trained professionals

your average civilian gun enthusiast has way more firearms experience than a soldier
>>
>>32211040
>This faggot thinks full metal jacket is based on a real story
>He thinks they would give boots pistols
>>
>>32211034
It's part of his policies he's already talked about enacting. If he wants to back out he might. Anyway I said "if", you don't know.
>>
>>32211049
>>32211058

Oh it's one of these bait threads? Because everything OP said is retarded.
>>
File: 1473315426303.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1473315426303.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>32210987
>Enlisted are retarded Mexicans who have "beefs" with other equally retarded enlisted. The last thing we need is those dumb fucks created quasi-gang wars over stupid shit. Better to disarm them and smoke them when they get bored.
>
>The 11As and USMC 0302s are more trustworthy than their enlisted counterparts.

Fuck off "sir", you couldn't wipe your own ass without an NCO telling you were the TP goes.
>>
>>32211058
Ahhahahh.... I kind of actually doubt that. Even POGs get free ammo.

Now, your average cop...? Probably. But not all gun owners are enthusiasts. Even most country people probably go deer hunting, duck hunting, plinking a couple times, and that's it for the year.
>>
>>32211078
Yes
>>
>>32211003
Remember Ft. Hood?
>>
None of you are Active Duty?

As of 18NOV16, concealed carry is authorized on Army bases. The DoD has made provisions for personal weapons in both official and unofficial capacities. The first O5 in your CoC can authorize you to concealed carry all you want.

No idea how long it will take for the actual regulations to sort themselves out, but it's official now.
>>
>>32211058
I thought like that untill I joined up. Most gun enthusiasts visit the range, get in their preferred position and shoot. That's it. They might shoot more, but under completely relaxed conditions.

Even the POGgiest of POGs can shoot under stress in a variety of positions. Maybe not subject MOA but they'll hit the target.
>>
>>32210987
they can and they do
you need permissions and raisins though.
>>
>>32211092
As a PFC I had to pull a 1LT out of a burning MRAP because he refused to leave and give Mortars the green light to drop rounds. At least half officers below O-4 are incompetent as fuck.
>>
>>32211092
>can't even respond to the correct post
>>
>>32211218
>personal weapons in both official and unofficial capacities
>unofficial capacities
muh dick
>>
>>32210987
Don't worry, they will be able to when Trump gets in.
>>
>>32210987
>anymore

They never could. This was never, ever a thing. No one ever carried a weapon unless it was part of their duty. No military base in U.S. history has had random jackasses walking around strapped to the gills.
>>
>>32211170
Guns were already banned on base then
>>
>>32211058
2/10 bait

try harder kid
>>
>>32210987
>trained professionals
>>
>>32210987
>grunt
>sidearm
?
>>
>>32211170
>>32211793

Guns being banned on base was the exact reason that the Ft. Hood shooter was unopposed and was able to kill 13 and wound 30.
>>
Military, believe it or not, has a strong culture of risk aversion.

ready access to firearms on base is too risky for officers' and SNCOs' careers. one private that just got his first gun from an off base pawn shop, alcohol, barracks, and a weekend is just asking for trouble. the kind of trouble that looks bad come promotion time for people in command or responsibility.
>>
>>32211037
So much this.

The average person on a base shoots once a year and have jobs that most civilians do. The military isn't as highly trained as everyone thinks, especially the grunts.

I'm not trying to trash them but I've been attached to infantry units. Some of the guys are great, but some of them I honestly believe have low level mental retardation and serious behavioral problems. The average grunt couldn't get into anything else and isn't very smart. Not all but some.
>>
>>32210987
how else are muzzos suppose to shoot up your bases ?
>>
File: 1455762242055.jpg (116KB, 711x960px) Image search: [Google]
1455762242055.jpg
116KB, 711x960px
>>32210987
>>32211003
>>32211019
>>32211037

better idea: just post armed Marines on every military post, just like we do at embassies.

Unlike the other services, Marines take their obligations seriously.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.