[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we make food in the services taste better while maximizing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1071.jpg (332KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1071.jpg
332KB, 640x427px
How do we make food in the services taste better while maximizing nutrition?
>>
Your cookhouse food looks just fine
>>
You don't. Stop obsessing over food, just eat it and move on to your duties you fat cunt.
>>
>>32208845
You can't. Only your mom can make the food you grew up with. And the military cook prolly doesn't smoke the same ciggies so the ash falling into pots and pans if different.
>>
Give us all ratatouille MREs
>>
>>32208845
What's with the Moai head in the background?
>>
>>32208953
>yer mum's a smoker, hahaha

i fucking hate the 21st century
>>
>>32208845
Alcohol rations
>>
>>32208845
There's lots that can go wrong in the field. Cold chow. Lack of battery. But the one thing these men can count on is the grooming standard. I believe it always ought to be there for them.
>>
Put cigarettes back in the MRE's for starters. And start issuing light anywhere matches to all personnel.
>>
You welfare queens should only get govt cheese
>>
>>32208845
More Tabasco and tobacco.
>>
>>32208845
>trying to fix shit that isn't broke.
>>
>>32208845
That looks better than I remember getting.
>>
Just have someone mail you tuna packets and peanut butter and shut the fuck up, you fatbody.
>>
>>32209250
this. it's nutrition durable for years, that's it. and if you're in the field, it tastes great. and you can still shoot some geese or deer if you want something fresh and different.
I've seen German soldiers shooting and eating shit stained sheep tho, savage af
>>
>>32208845

It already tastes fine.

>Muh eating MREs for 100,000 weeks in Iraq, they get old, trust me

Sorry your life sucks and you actually had to study to get the minimum on the ASVAB but MREs honestly taste fine. I can't really think of anything to really improve the quality other than making the gum less shitty and putting coffee in each one instead of the military sperging out over caffeine.
>>
>>32209273
>savage af
Ever had spit-roasted lamb or a kid goat?
>>
>>32209324
i wasn't about the taste of sheep, i was about eating shit stained, feral Afghani sheep
>>
>>32209443
>feral sheep
Does Afghan lack natural predators? Sheep dont seem like the kind of animal that would thrive without humans around.
>>
>>32209308
put tabasco sauce and peanut butter m&m's back in them
>>
>>32208845
>pasta salad noodles with marinara sauce
>most likely vegetarian meat balls and gluten free bread
>leafs of kale or spinach for salad

hipsterrestorante/10

If you're expecting good food from the military you're going to be disappointed because your only chance of getting that is if you get a package of skittles in an MRE.
>>
>>32209032
GROOMIN STANDARDS!
POOOLEEEEESE THAT MOOOOSTASCH!
>>
>tfw I will never eat the chicken alfredo with breadsticks from bootcamp ever again
why even live
>>
You witnessed the whole process of preparing it? I'm sure they didn't just chuck the whole sheep (fleece and shit included) into fire.
>>
>>32209471
ofc they do, they happen to get seperated from the flock like everywhere in the world, or just left behind by fleeing farmers or families and start looking for food.

being a shepherd in Afghanistan or any other warzone is also quite dangerous. the taliban and isis are known for using shepherds as scouts, so a lot of them get shot on sight. nothing you'd read about in the media, but it happens on a regular basis.

ofc there's wolves and feral dogs in Afghanistan, but still a lot of feral sheep.
>>
Natural Harvest
>>
>>32209443
You witnessed the whole process of preparing it? I'm sure they didn't just chuck the whole sheep (fleece and shit included) into fire.
>>
>>32209534
man but those things still tend to have parasites and shit you can't just erase when preparing

a Brit para once told me about half his platoon getting sick from shooting and eating geese on the Falklands, it's not like it's safe to just eat wild animals in 3rd world shitholes
>>
>>32209537
Interesting. Well, mutton is good anyway.
>>
>>32209559
Its not safe eating wild animals anywhere, period. Especially hogs. Trichinosis is a bitch, and unless you want to cook that meat in a pressure cooker for 6 hours, I suggest bringing it over to a vet for a quick check.
>>
>>32209559
IDK what to say. I ate game that wasn't exactly legally hunted and didn't go through veterinary inspection quite a few times and never had a single problem. Ten again, I always prepare meat properly and it's never undercooked.
>>
>>32208991
He's implying he's white trash you moron.
>>
>>32209590
>and unless you want to cook that meat in a pressure cooker for 6 hours
Just cook it properly. Heating it above 70 celsius kills all the parasites in the meat.
>>
File: trichinosis.jpg (112KB, 1129x560px) Image search: [Google]
trichinosis.jpg
112KB, 1129x560px
>>32209629
Generally yes, but theres still a risk.
>>
>>32209645
Yeah, which is totally removed by cutting the pork into small enough bits and actually cooking it properly. Pork isn't beef, you can't leave it raw.
>>
>>32209669
Huh. When I do a pork roast they say ~160F is the minimum. Does that apply to wild hog meat as well?
>>
>>32209739
Whatever meat it is, make sure it isn't bloody or rosy on the inside and you're golden. Especially boar. Boar is an omnivore and a walking trashcan. They will eat anything and everything they can.
>>
the biggest problem with MREs and other field rations is the chemicals, processing, packaging, and other things done to the the food to make it shelf stable for 10 years in an irradiated environment that is also contaminated with nerve gas.
>>
>>32210086
>biggest problem

man, that's it's biggest advantage. y'all fags posting in this thread about MRE tasting funny are retarded, you all got the wrong perspective. what kind of idiot joins the army and expects to get served a gourmet meal in the field, what the fuck. you can rely on that shit in the worst scenario imaginable, what the fuck else do you want.

also, they don't even taste that bad.
>>
>>32210086
Betcha think absorbic acid is up along the lines of the NAFTA super high way
>>
>>32210263
>absorbic acid
>>
Michelle Obama
>>
>>32208845
HOT POCKETS
O
T

P
O
C
K
E
T
S
>>
>>32208845
Surgically remove soldiers taste buds.
>>
>>32209308
>I can't really think of anything to really improve the quality
issue French RICR's
>>
The food is fine.
Whoever is complaining is just being a bitch
>>
>>32210329
Can't wait to injure myself when all I wanted was some food.
>>
File: IMG_4028.jpg (1MB, 1131x1698px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4028.jpg
1MB, 1131x1698px
There was this one time our chow hall got inspected and they said our sodium intake was too high so they took all the table salt off the tables. My bro was pissed so he used to walk around with a salt shaker in his cargo pocket kek. Sure showed them commie bastards whatsup.
>>
>>32208845
Its not the food its your shitty choices and your proportions
>>
>>32208845
One of the best dfacs deployed or otherwise was at camp bucca in Iraq. We had problems with logistics getting murdered on their way down when navstar was shut down and convoys had to go a longer more dangerous route.

But when everything worked out we had everything you could want. Usually out in the prison area we got mass produced "box nasties" but even those weren't bad. If you could actually get physically to the chow hall there was a sandwich bar, legit 31 flavors ice cream, and really good main course stuff.

In 2007 we got a pizza hut, grean bean, and the other aafes contracted food but they had the same supply problem but it was nice to grab that bad shit time to time.

Fun story, in mid 2007 They stopped feeding us to save money and we had to hoarde food like the prisoners and had to eat the detainee food at times. It took people writing to news organizations back home and a Congressman for the army to fix their shit and open the chow hall back up. They would close it at two and said we had time to get there since shift was 12-12. The thing is change over takes hours and you have to ride dueces or humvees to get to contonement side. So we really got back around 230 but higher leadership said fuck you anyway until the civilian threats started asking questions about the food situation. We weren't given mre's or halal meals to make up for it either.
>>
MREs are fine. If you have digestion problems you're not drinking enough water.

The only time I felt dicked was when we were given UGR's for 3 weeks in a row instead. We only had pallets of corn beef and hash. I still can't eat that, Reese's pieces or Texas Pete to this day. I even tried to not eat and was ordered too. Fugg.
>>
>>32208953
>Only my mom can make easy mac & tendies
Liar
>>
The food at the BAMC cafeteria was awesome before the renovations. an entire plate of bacon(like 30+ strips) was like 50 cents.

sure all the food was mediocre to ok, not great, but it was delicious
>>
>>32208845
Reduce protein content of food for women, they're already getting plenty in whatever position they're in.
>>
File: te9b-exh_frces_may_09.jpg (106KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
te9b-exh_frces_may_09.jpg
106KB, 800x563px
There's really nothing wrong with MREs. American MREs are particularly good. Eat some of the shit the eastern European armies get issued and you'll pray for MREs.

And if you're based at a large FOB or airfield with an actual kitchen or dining facility, even a flying kitchen with a tent mess, you're laughing.

Army cooks can work wonders with a flying kitchen so long as they can get regular resupply. The actually shitty food comes from civilian subcontractors. The civilian run mess facilities at KAF were awful, but the army cooks working out of a couple trailers like pic related were cooking damned good food as long as the supply convoys could get through.

As it stands western militaries have reaped just about all the benefits they can out of improving their field rations. Right now the money is better spent on purchasing new hardware and expanding combat arms manpower than improving field rations. An extremely well-fed force that's too small and top heavy to actually do anything is just a money pit.
>>
>>32208845
The only improvement is the total disbandment of the entire US military, along with us goverment
>>
>>32211485
12/14/16
>>
>>32209273
The shit is on the wool, not the meat. Half the mutton/lamb you've ever eaten was from a shit-stained sheep, by the way. Even sheep that have been recently crutched still have shit up their hind legs, it's just a problem of domestication.

As long as the sheep wasn't fly-blown, it's all good.

t. Grew up on a sheep farm
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.