[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adler shotgun: New South Wales Government prepared to agree on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11

File: adlera110shotgun.jpg (41KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
adlera110shotgun.jpg
41KB, 940x627px
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-04/adler-import-ban-may-cease-as-nsw-agrees-on-reclassification/8090854

>The Federal Government has said states and territories must agree on a new classification before it removes the import restriction.
>But the ABC understands NSW has fallen into line with other jurisdictions and is prepared to reclassify the gun as a category D weapon.
>"Basically feral pest controllers, generally working for governments.

I've tried everything, I've contacted local representatives and I still get the same bull shit response. How the fuck do you combat this?
>>
>>32204194
Tell them to stop being autistic
>>
why doesn't Australia just go full Japan already and restrict you to double barrel shotguns and single shot rifles, or full singapore and just ban everything?

Why all this fucking dicking around with classifications and nit picking over individual firearms?
>>
>>32204194
>>32201507
>>
>>32204194
Have you tried calling them shit cunts that are controlled by slant eyed gooks yet?
>>
>>32205458
Green voter please go and stay go
>>
>>32205458
Because Australia, unlike Japan and Singapore, has an assload of farmland and country towns. The city pricks can't literally ban everything; the laws have to be a convoluted mess as "compromise".

That, and the 1997 gun ban basically ignited our gun lobby, and now they're too strong to be -completely- steamrolled. They're full of fudds and not nearly as mighty as the NRA or GOA, but they're still a force that lawmakers have to deal with.
>>
File: True quote.jpg (72KB, 1080x711px)
True quote.jpg
72KB, 1080x711px
How do you guys go from owning unmolested SLR's to banning lever actions in 20 years?
>>
File: maxdisgustpepe.jpg (6KB, 242x250px)
maxdisgustpepe.jpg
6KB, 242x250px
>>32205513
Because of all the talk about 'Muh Aussie True Blue Country Roughneck' more than 90% of us live in cities and are basically soft cunts.

Compound that with general ignorance and a very left wing bias in the media and Bobs ya uncle you got this mess.
>>
>>32204194
What is Category D in terms of Australian gun laws?
>>
>>32205909
Semi autos but only after letting the government fuck you and only for "government use" only
>>
QLD won't agree

We already have them
>>
>>32204194

do not comply, begin manufacturing arms domestically and throw all legality to the wind.
>>
>>32205930
So you have to be a government worker or something?
>>
>>32206113
You'd essentially have to register a business as a professional feral animal controller, and have documented proof that your workload is not able to be met with a category C weapon.
>>
File: 1472434418636.jpg (74KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472434418636.jpg
74KB, 450x600px
>>
File: 1470823763726.jpg (78KB, 499x460px)
1470823763726.jpg
78KB, 499x460px
>>32206245
>>
File: 1464596097072.jpg (82KB, 750x738px) Image search: [Google]
1464596097072.jpg
82KB, 750x738px
>>32206262
>>
File: JOEY IN DISGUST.jpg (5KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
JOEY IN DISGUST.jpg
5KB, 192x263px
>>32206270
one reaction image wasn't enough - fuck this place
>>
>>32205909
The legislation says Cat D is a "prohibited firearm" so basically banned
>>
>>32204194
Shoot your politicians.
>>
>>32204194
What was the main reason for them wanting this gone?
Don't give me the typical Knee Jerk Greens hate shit, The actual reason. Something that we can look at constructively.

Was it the Lever Action part?
Or
Was it the Tube size?

I'm just saying, a 4 round lever action shotgun is still better than No lever action shotgun.
>>
>>32206636
8 rounds in 8 seconds is scary.

Leftists projected their fears of what they'd do if they had that kind of firepower onto gun owners.
>>
>>32206290
I understand and am sending hope and meme magic to you from Michigan
>>
Ah, so the 5 round one is still legal.

That's ok, I guess.

No idea why they have a hard on for manual repeating shotguns being bad when manual repeating rifles are just as powerful.

>>32206740

I guess it's good that they don't look at bolt guns and 10 rounds in 10 seconds.
>>
>>32205860

>Very left wing bias

Other than the ABC and to a lesser degree SBS every other channel is patently right wing other than for a few programs. You're clueless.
>>
So why lever actions? Why not just get pump action shotguns? I am completely unfamiliar with aussie gun laws
>>
>>32206871
Fine then I'll be more specific
>Anti-gun

>>32206899
>Shotguns are already classed as Cat C which means they're unavailable to the wider population
>>
>>32206899

Pumps are already effectively banned

Except pump rifles

Semi-auto rifles and pump shotguns were what they banned back in '96

They never touched lever shotguns.
>>
File: 1400051933782.png (98KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1400051933782.png
98KB, 600x500px
>>32205860
>>32206871
I'm confident that ive read this exact same exchange word for word probably over a year ago, what the fuck? are you the same guys saying the same thing? or is this some bot posting conspiracy
>>
>>32207264

The stereotypes for the various states are real

As someone from QLD, the media is left-wing indoctrination at its finest

For a fag in NSW, they'll think it's right wing because it might be center on immgration
>>
Guys, we still have the 5 shot version, what's happened is they have just agree'd that the 7 shot belongs in category D. Lets be honest, with cat C pump actions limited to 5 shots, 7 shot lever actions fit more into cat D than anywhere else, now they just need to put cat C pump actions down in to A or B and our category system gets a little more coherent
>>
>>32207336
No, no they don't. The dumbass laws don't hold a place within this country, fucked to hell and back as it may be
>>
When the fuck is the Adler gonna get imported to the States?
>>
>>32207371
Considering they can barely keep up with demand in Australia, I'd say when Australia bans it.
>>
>>32207576
There are like 10 other brands making them right now, but it doesnt seem like they are being imported in the numbers that the Adler is, so everyone is just going with the Adler, shame too because nearly every other brand looks to be a better firearm
>>
It's such a fucking joke
>>
>>32207653

Anyone making one in .410?

I don't like the looks of the Rossi lever .410s (don't want any more 12s either).
>>
>>32207718
Never seen one in anything other than 12g
>>
Hang a sec fellas.

One) The official decision hasn't been made yet, the meeting doesn't happen until Friday.

Two) While NSW has caved, everybody seems to be missing the fact that QLD now has a different police minister, Mark Ryan. Supposedly this guy has been much more receptive to concerns that shooters have been raising with him. I wouldn't hold my breath but nobody expected that NSW would hold out for Cat B Seven shot alders either.

Three) When these guys met previously all of them except NSW agreed on Five shot alders being Cat B and Seven shots being Cat D. I can't see any reason for this to change to Five shot being Cat C.

So before we all knee jerk, lets wait and see what happens on Friday.
>>
>>32207754
SHALL
>>
Anyone heard of any potential positive changes coming out of the NFA review? "removing red tape" was on the "to do" list, but i have not heard anything like that happening
>>
>>32207718
Marlin used to make one
>>
>>32206636
>>32206740
>>32206899

>What was the main reason for them wanting this gone?

Because a muslim immigrant without a license an illegally owned a 50 year old pump action shotgun and killed people
>>
>>32207782
Well, he killed a person. The other person was killed by a police bullet.
>>
File: asdwegvaweghjkasdgawe.png (338KB, 988x916px) Image search: [Google]
asdwegvaweghjkasdgawe.png
338KB, 988x916px
The 8-Round Adler has been banned, definitely, but we still have the 5-Round Adler in some parts of Australia
<Pic Related is proof
>>
>>32207796
Yeah but do you think Urban dwellers are going to call for the police to be disarmed?

Our response to terrorism is the same as how progressives handle gang crime.
>>
>>32207782
dont be silly, he had a double barrel shotgun, if he had an Adler then he would have killed hundreds!!
>>
Fucking New South Wales. You have to specifically request an application form to get a firearm licence.

What the fuck kind of communism is this?

Is this some sort of bullshit scheme to fuck people over by some unofficial pre-approval process?
>>
>>32207826
>The 8-Round Adler has been banned, definitely
Nope, the NSW police minister looks like he's going to support moving it to cat D

> we still have the 5-Round Adler in some parts of Australia
we still have it in all of Australia because it's a cat A firearm
>>
>>32207852
Cat. D to the general public, is for all intents and purposes banned.
>>
>>32207858
There are ways and means but yeah for all intents and purposes its banned.

But I reckon there will be a few people who will happen to carry a threaded tube and spring with it when they're heading out to a mates property for a shot.
>>
>>32207858
You said

i just pointed out that that is not the case, nothing has happened, the only thing that has happened is that the NSW police minister looks like he will support moving it to cat D, thats it, thats the story
>>
>>32207880
>You said
No I didn't.
>>
>>32207846
SA is pretty bad as well, all Semiauto pistols that are under 120mm in barrel length of have magazines greater than 10 rounds are Category D/effectively banned

As for rifles they actually sell bolt action shotguns here
>>
>>32207882
well fuck, its an anonymous image board. if i replied to someone, then someone replies back to me. i can only assume it's the same person
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEE.png (448KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEE.png
448KB, 900x900px
>FUCKING GOVERNMENT FUCK OFF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I just want to enjoy shooting firearms, why do they always have to shit on us?
>>
>>32207899
>assume
Even if I had written that, the hypothetical second post would've clarified what I meant.

You're just being a nit-picky bastard if you don't think Category D is not effectively a ban, because then you could say that basically nothing is banned, as a private citizen, you can technically own chemical weapons, artillery, tanks. But nobody would realistically say these things aren't banned.

For well over 99% of gun owners, Category D is unobtanium, it's a practical ban.
>>
>>32206899

Semi autos and pump actions banned because of this cunt act.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_(Australia)
>>
>>32207913
We're not on the same page here. i thought i cleared it up pretty well here >>32207880 but i guess not.

"definitely" being the key word here. nothing has actually happened, the NSW police minister looks like he will support moving 7 shot Adlers to cat D. that is the story. we still have the QLD police minister on our side. we wont know what is happening for a little while.
>>
DESU I'm okay with five shot adlers so long as nothing else is effected for now.
>>
>>32207939
>implying he did it
>implying the NFA wasnt going to be implemented one way or another
>>
>>32207940
>we still have the QLD police minister on our side.
Except for the small fact that if it doesn't get bumped into unobtanium, the federal import ban will stay in place.

Effectively banning them.

Also, no politician is ever on your side. Never. Trust a used car salesman before you trust a politician.
>>
File: adler.jpg (45KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
adler.jpg
45KB, 720x720px
>>
Get on the phone tomorrow and ring your states police minister, local state mp and federal mp and tell them if they agree on a reclassification, that you and your entire family will end your support for their party
>>
>>32207968
You can buy the mag extension within Australia and fit it up and currently it remains a CAT A.

The federal government can only effect import/exports, we got a import ban because it was all the federal government could do.

Firearms law falls under state jurisdiction, all it would take is one state not agreeing and the 5+ shot adler stays CAT A with an import ban.
>>
>>32204194
Kind of next-to-useless in the Cat-D
I mean there's what, all of about a couple of dozen of us in NSW and we are limited on how many guns we can have of that category in the first place. Heck, if I was using a shotgun for pest destruction I'd go full spastic and lash out on a Fostech or something completely ludicrous for some real destructive capability and just the mere sight of it would cause greenies to explode.

>Then my wife finds out how much I spent
>Have trouble explaining to hospital staff how it got in that orifice
>>
>>32207939

>A man with incredibly low IQ with barely any firearms experience got 19 headshots firing from the hip
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.