[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of scumbag sells their grandfather's WW2 trophy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

What kind of scumbag sells their grandfather's WW2 trophy? I hope you read this and feel bad, you piece of shit.
>>
at least it's not being destroyed and made a spectacle out by some anti gun fucktard

This way it could at least go to someone who might appreciate it, or some bubba dying to show off his home grown gun smithing skill
>>
Probably a faggot, I'd guess. Not like you can shoot it or anything. I think. Does anybody make copies of the round?
>>
>>32201607
I don't see the problem. Someone who will appreciate it will probably pick it up.

Would you rather have everyone hoarding as many rare guns as they can?
>>
>>32201607
Arisaka = shit

who cares
>>
>>32201607
Insufferable faggots, honestly.
Personally, I'd rather give all my shit I have to gun-enthusiasts or museums, if I know my children are retarded.
>>
>>32201607
Wow that dude lives 30km away from me
>>
It's a birthright as far as I'm concerned; it should be passed down for generations - regardless of rarity, value, or condition. Selfishness of the present generation disservices the future generations.
>>
File: Arisaka-Type-99-tilt.jpg (497KB, 2976x412px) Image search: [Google]
Arisaka-Type-99-tilt.jpg
497KB, 2976x412px
>>32201688
i hope you're kidding, Arisakas are objectively the best bolt action rifles of WWII.
>1 or 2 gas ejection ports, something that rifles like mosin nagants lack entirely
>chrome-lined barrel - Something even Mausers don't have
>very nice aircraft sights
>cock on close
>that sexy mum
>more robust than even a Mauser, there's been reports that even when the receivers were deliberatly intended to be destroyed through welding a plug in the barrel, the receivers will still stay intact and the barrel would simply blow out. Compare this to rifles like the Springfield, where the receiver would shatter.

The Arisaka may not look the best, especially near the end of the war, but I reiterate, it is objectively better than any other WW2 Bolt action.
>>
>>32201827
and what am I supposed to shoot out of it?
>>
File: tommy_with_enfield.jpg (56KB, 682x383px) Image search: [Google]
tommy_with_enfield.jpg
56KB, 682x383px
>>32201827
Good, but not the best. I'd sooner take a No.4 Enfield, personally.
>action has the best ergonomics of any bolt-action
>dat speed
>long sight radius, aperture sight
>heavy barrel
>10rd magazine

Yeah, the action isn't as strong as an Arisaka (not much is), but it's still more than enough for .303. And thanks to it being rear-locking, even if it does fail it will do so safely, stretching instead of bursting.
>>
>>32201921
>>32201827
Why not get both?
>>
>>32201869
7,7x58 japanese?
>>32201921
I actually do prefer the Enfield No 4, it's definitely one of my favourites. I'm simply stating that based on an actual metric of performance, the Arisaka is THE best. As far as preference goes, anyone can prefer any gun, and the user is ultimately what defines how good the rifle is.
>>
You know what OP, I'm going to have to disagree with this one

it is much better he give it to another enthusiast rather than ruin it or let it rust.
secondly, you're attaching emotional attachment to a material thing
>>
7.7 Jap is around.

It's like $2 a round, but you can find it online. Took me all of 10 seconds.
>>
>>32201980
>I'm simply stating that based on an actual metric of performance
Depends on how you define that, I guess. Action strength? Type 99 definitely wins. Accuracy/durability/combat effectiveness? That's where things get complicated.
>>
>>32202098
I think the Arisaka is probably going to win durability as well overall, but I tend to wonder if it isn't beaten out in accuracy by another rifle, and in particular combat effectiveness by the Enfield, the soldier having 10 rounds at his disposal vs 5 could be enough to tip the balance in the Enfield's favour in that case.

I'm no expert certainly but I tend to think that the Enfield for it's speed of action and the ability to hold ten rounds may make it better in the combat effectiveness category.

I wish I could get an Arisaka and shoot it for not retarded prices in Canada, a Type 99 specifically. They're really cool rifles that are incredibly well built. Maybe someday I'll bite the bullet if I ever find a good one and try to reload for it.
>>
>>32201607
>$900
>For a rifle with a missing floorplate
>For a rifle that fires a dead and expensive round
>>
>>32203774
Arisaka with mum intact is getting rarer and rarer
>>
>>32201827
>Arisaka
>Better than Enfield

Yeah no
>>
>>32205059
Not for a 38.
>>
>>32205096
Maybe?
>>
>>32201607
I don't agree. It's better that the gun be in the hands of someone who can appreciate it. Better it be a well-cared for piece of a collection than it gather dust in a closet by someone who doesn't care for historical guns.
>>
>>32203774
Those are 900 Australian dollars; about 670 US dollars
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.