[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So should I get it? Any recommendation on other 22 rifles? Single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

File: little-badger-extended.jpg (40KB, 1000x550px) Image search: [Google]
little-badger-extended.jpg
40KB, 1000x550px
So should I get it?

Any recommendation on other 22 rifles? Single shot not bad but id also like bolt actions.
>>
File: 1453369089700.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1453369089700.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>32200321
I love my little badger. It's very accurate, the irons are a bit crap for precision, but it's a very nice rifle.
>>
Just get a ruger
>>
>>32200485
cool..I was also looking at that same carbine.Well you could always throw a scope or the like on the badger too.I want to hunt rabbits and squirrels.
>>
File: P1240093.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P1240093.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
I like mine for what it is. I like the light weight ans simplicity. For the price you can't really go wrong but you have to be aware of its shortcomings, mainly the plastic sight that are a bit shoddy.
The rails are plastic too so check them for potental warping before mounting a scope, but it seems to be ok most of the time.
Check the trigger as there have been conflicting reports on them, sometimes they are light and sometimes too heavy.
Ergonomics aren't top notch of course but can be improved with a little tinkering.
Be aware the rail molded on the grip isn't a standard picatinny rail, it's smaller. Don't bother with Chiappa's cleaning kit/grip combo, it's known to be crap.

It's a fun gun, almost a toy, good for plinking and such. Good for funky customs too, look for them on forums.
>>
File: WC1cjTRpy_4t2fho1KW.png (72KB, 900x255px) Image search: [Google]
WC1cjTRpy_4t2fho1KW.png
72KB, 900x255px
Could do a Savage Model 42
.22LR over a .410 Shorgun
>>
>>32200528
I put a 3-12x may on it, wrapped it in paracord and put a knife in the stock frame, thing is very nice.
>>
>>32200664
thanks for the info
>>
I have one.

Positives:
-very light trigger
-cool for what it is
-relatively inexpensive, unlikely you will feel buyer's remorse if you fall out of love with it
-a micro red dot works great on it

Cons:
-The rails are plastic and will likely be canted, requiring extreme adjustment to zero an optic
-the "irons" are plastic and suck, but are still mostly usable
-kind of hard to get a good grip on the narrow, straight stock
-I was trying to look for a replacement firing pin on Little Badger's website, just to have as extra stock, but their webshop claims that firing pins must be shipped to an FFL and I can't find any other source. WTF?
>>
>>32200844
Maybe the firing pin is the "gun" part of the badger?
>>
>>32200844
>Little Badger's website
derp
*Chiappa's website
>>
>>32200856

The receiver comes apart for servicing small parts. They just don't want people to open it up for themselves to work on it.

https://store.chiappafirearms.com/parts/little-badger.html
>>
File: download.png (3KB, 422x119px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3KB, 422x119px
Im also looking at the mossberg 802 plinkster..any knowledge on that one fellas?
>>
>>32200935
I've got one. Shoots nice and straight, accepts decent cheap scopes, but the mag is iffy about feeding and I don't recommend using non-jacketed rounds.

OP: Why not an AR-7? Packs a lot better and is semi-auto.
>>
Anyone have an AR7? I was told theyre not worth grtting but i cant think of any other 22 that breaks down as compact.
>>
>>32204235
Compared to the Chiappa it's probably far better for a small, compact survival model.
>>
>>32203371

I can vouch for the AR-7.

Pros:
>Easy to pack, unpack, and assemble
>Easy to carry in a bag or backpack
>lightweight
>quiet
>semi-auto

Cons:
>pain in the ass to field strip and clean
>can jam after 500+ shots (I tried it before)
>spare mags cost a fuck ton
>8 round mags

It's a real nice SHTF rifle.
>>
File: 20161203_201013[1].jpg (924KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161203_201013[1].jpg
924KB, 2560x1440px
>>32204398

Forgot to mention when field stripping, the mag release spring can pop and get lost. Easy fix is to use a plastic lead pencil spring as a replacement. Works better than the original spring.
>>
>>32200321
get the ar7
>>
I remeber reading the little badger had a problem where it would fire when you close the action due to a shoddy firing pin.

Was this a select few, a lot of them, fixed, urban legend?
>>
File: Ruger-10-22-22LR-Takedown-Rifle.jpg (34KB, 895x474px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger-10-22-22LR-Takedown-Rifle.jpg
34KB, 895x474px
>>32204235
Ruger 10/22 takedown
>>
>>32204398
Another thing:

The Henry version is okay. The Armalite version is fucking excellent, but go for 5-6x what the Henry does because collectors. Avoid the fuck out of any made by Charter, they were unreliable pieces of shit and use a different mag than the Henry/Armalite ones which hasn't been made in 20 years.

Also, the only one that you can actually count on to float is the Armalite, as the stock is full of foam. The other two are hollow and *will* leak, eventually sinking.
>>
>>32200665
Really shitty quality. Foam and rubberbands, shitty o rings that fall off.

>>32203371
Also cheapy and easy to fuck up

Savage has a deal on their bolt action guns. Also i saw some henry lever actions on sale for the holidays.
>>
What about the keltec Sub 2000?

Not a .22 nor complete takedown but it folds into a nice package, and its in 9mm or .40

I'd like to buy one but theyre getting up in price...
>>
>>32204701
They're pretty okay. The factory sights limit its effective range by being pretty shit, but it's reliable.

I would dearly love to try converting one to .22TCM for a poorfag P90 deal.
>>
>>32204477
It was fixed, when you close it, it half cocks before the bullet>>32204485
is close
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (528KB, 2000x1336px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
528KB, 2000x1336px
>>32200321
I think this is the ultimate .22 rifle. Aftermarket folding stock and takedown barrel makes it ultra-portable. Can silence and add desired optic. Obviously more expensive and bulkier than the little badger or Ar-7.
>>
>>32207987

Damnit. I can't stand that douche from TTAG, but I love his (this) 10/22 TD SBR
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.