[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any fellow /k/ommandos ever been posted to Al Udeid? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1439256035405.jpg (56KB, 664x711px) Image search: [Google]
1439256035405.jpg
56KB, 664x711px
Have any fellow /k/ommandos ever been posted to Al Udeid?

I'm off there next year and I'm wondering what it's like.
>>
>>32199765
I've been there a few times for about a week, each time.

It is like living in a hairdryer.
>>
>>32199795
>From Scotland
>28 degrees in Qatar in December

Whelp at least I'll have nice weather whilst I burst into flames stepping off the aircraft
>>
>>32199765
pizza hut, subway, burg king, Dairy Queen, internet, Fox Sports Bar.
>>
>>32199765
I went there for an R&R from my real deployment in 2004.

You'll love it. Live in Air Conditioned boxes, booze allowed to those stationed there, and all the dick you can suck, OP.
>>
>>32199765
never been there but have a friend there now, its basically a vacation. Pool, dairy queen, all that stuff
>>
>>32199765
Sauce on that pic?
>>
File: images (27).jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (27).jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>32200133
About the same in 2015. They were moving from the last tent DFAC to all actual buildings, but the weekly booze ration went from 3 drinks to 3 'standard drinks'
>picveryrelated
>>
>>32200401
>>32200401
My bad, last visit was Al Asad not Doing the Deed.
>picstillrelated
>>
>>32200401
What does that mean? Is "standard drinks" code for something?

When we were on R&R in '04, you were given 3 tickets, and for each ticket, you could buy a beer. (Tuborg and some other 16 oz. beers were offered). Nobody kept track of how many tickets you cashed, so you could buy extra tickets (or just get 'em from non-drinking buddies).

Was a decent time.

We were allowed one off-post trip, too. Went to a nice mall, and then went to an ex-pat Holiday Inn and drank at a bar in the basement next to some indoor tennis courts with some British folks visiting there.

...Got "good" that day, and pissed on the T-walls while the bus was being checked when coming back onto base...

...Ate at the Chilis on the first day we got there. Was a total culture shock after having been in Baghdad for 9 months.

It practically feels like yesterday, but I am sure that TONS of stuff has changed since then- I mean, it was over a decade ago.

I am old. Old. Balls.
>>
>>32200311
It looks like GFD
>>
>>32200541
They scan your ID now and units have to send bodies to walk around the Bra (and other drinking areas) to make sure that you're not sending your non-drinkers over to bring you more drinks.
Tip: Make friends with the brits. They have a bar there with no limit on drinks. US forces are welcome by invitation only.
...When our squadron showed up, they said they liked the Marines and gave us an open invitation.
>>
Spent my entire time there picking up used condoms and piss bottles and politely asking people not to have sex on government property.

It would've been fun if it weren't so fucking hot all the time
>>
>>32200589
>GFD
Whats that?
>>
>>32200541
Standard drinks is somany mills of alcohol.
So rather than 3 beers, because each heavy beer was 1.8 standard drinks, you could only get 1.6 beers, so only 1 heavy beer or 2.4 light beers
>warisheck
>>
>>32200800
The artist's name
>>
>>32199765
If you are who I think you are; OPSEC, fucker.
>>
>>32200604
I should have known that. If there's a good time to be had, then somebody has to "big brother" it enough to fuck it up.

Anyhow- OP, if I had to do another "deployment", and Al Udeid was an option, I would be like, "Hell Yeah!".

To a degree, I envy you.
>>
>>32200802
Oh, man. That is ghey.

>Go to AFB
>Expect "not gay"
>Shiggy Diggy
>>
If you use tobacco you should either quit now or start buying in bulk. They don't sell tobacco on base. Qatari customs will also seize any tobacco they find coming in.
>>
>>32200828
Who?
>>
>>32200828
>OPSEC
>No operational details given

I don't think you know what OPSEC means
>>
>>32201009
Loose lips melt steel purple dragons.
>>
>>32201180
If this is some special military code it's working
>>
>>32199765
Been through there a few times.

One time, they put us in a tent with no A/C, so I took a bunch of bottled water and soaked a blanket and took a nap with it. An hour or two later, I woke up and the blanket was bone dry.

Still better than Florida.
>>
>>32201868
Jesus Christ
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.