[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't real guns do dual magazines ? Seems like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: this_is_cod_IW_designs.png (451KB, 1255x411px) Image search: [Google]
this_is_cod_IW_designs.png
451KB, 1255x411px
Why don't real guns do dual magazines ? Seems like it makes sense to me.
>>
weight
an extra pound or two will drastically change how a gun handles. better to keep it off the gun.
>>
>>32199277
More weight, takes more space and has no real added benefit. Reloading normally takes a second.
>>
File: IMG_5201lwrifle.jpg (60KB, 1200x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5201lwrifle.jpg
60KB, 1200x432px
Member redimags?
>>
File: mp40i2.jpg (128KB, 800x482px) Image search: [Google]
mp40i2.jpg
128KB, 800x482px
>>
>>32199365

OR just plain old mag couplers?
>>
>>32199277
Because it's retarded.

> Gee whiz I wanna make this gun hold more bullets! Should I take the obvious solution of larger magazines? Or should I modify the entire feeding system of the gun exponentially increasing the complexity and likelihood of failure for a marginal increase in capacity?
>>
>>32199494
>double
>marginal
>>
Maybe I'm just gun-ignorant but would two magazines with one barrel be pretty hard to do mechanically? How do you get rounds from both magazines into the same chamber?
>>
>>32201237
Yeah I'm op and I thought this was going to be the answer to be honest. Didn't consider weight.

So to the rest of the thread, does that mean that a larger magazine in general is a bad idea then?
>>
>>32201305
Depends on the type of magazine/gun. But yes, more weight on a non mounted gun is generally bad.
>>
>>32201305
theres a practical limit. 30-40 is the sweet spot where capacity is adequate but not unwieldy. if youve got a drum its ok cause you want the capacity and are willing to deal with it but you would carry 1 drum and the rest would be box mags. you wouldnt carry multiple drums since drums are large and odd shapes making them awkward to carry
>>
File: high capacity clip.jpg (54KB, 799x601px) Image search: [Google]
high capacity clip.jpg
54KB, 799x601px
>>32199513
>not just using extendoes like a sane nigga.
>>
File: FN BRG-15 HMG.jpg (182KB, 2013x1572px) Image search: [Google]
FN BRG-15 HMG.jpg
182KB, 2013x1572px
>>32201305

>So to the rest of the thread, does that mean that a larger magazine in general is a bad idea then?

Yes, more or less. it's a compromise. That's why full size rifles have 10 or 20 round magazines standard and intermediate caliber rifles have 30 round magazines. It's what was found to be the most practical.

Any more, and they get heavy or unwieldly. Drum and casket magazines got figured out long ago, but they are rare because they're more of a pain in the ass than is worthwhile.

Plus, you have to wear them when they aren't in the gun too. A pouch for, say, a C-mag, or one of those silly DP pancake magazines is just going to be awkward.

Dual feed is possible, some light autocannons have it, but it's probably too complicated to be worth it on a small arm.
>>
>>32201570
>Dual feed is possible, some light autocannons have it, but it's probably too complicated to be worth it on a small arm.

And dual feed really only makes sense when you need to be able to switch between two significantly different ammo types. IE HE vs AP. Small arms ammo doesn't get different enough to justify needing that utility.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.