[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, gun illiterate pleb here. I'm turning 21 on Wednesday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: gun-store.jpg (130KB, 775x517px) Image search: [Google]
gun-store.jpg
130KB, 775x517px
Hey /k/, gun illiterate pleb here. I'm turning 21 on Wednesday and I'm looking to get my CHL ASAP. What handgun would you guys recommend I get? I'm looking for something easily concealable but still packing enough punch that I'm not gonna have to shoot someone five times to put them down.
>>
>>32199261
Hahahaha
Ok, Google is your friend. Go to a gunstore and ask to fingerfuck the 9mms to see what best fits in your hand. Go from there.
>>
>>32199261
>gun illiterate
>as soon as I turn 21 I want to start "packing"
And wiggity why is thiggity that?
>>
>>32199298
Because my job involves driving all around Houston, mostly in the poorer blacker areas, and digging holes in people's front yards. I've already been threatened with guns three times and I've only done this job for a year. I don't wanna risk the fourth asshole being the one that's actually crazy enough to pull the trigger.
>>
>>32199322
First make sure your employer would even allow you to carry while on the job, chances are it's an insurance issue. Past that if you're looking to scare off some black bears I'd suggest putting some coins in an old coffee tin.
>>
>>32199261
>What handgun would you guys recommend I get?
KelTec PF9
>>
>>32199261
Get a 1911 in the officer or commander sizes. They're small enough to conceal easily but the 45acp is powerful enough to put a guy down with 1 round. Especially JHP.
>>
>>32199322
OP you a surveyor?
>>
Go to several gun stores and keep handling every single stack 9mm you can find. Build a list of your top few most comfortable and then research them online to make sure they aren't turds and that they have decent aftermarket support. Buy the one you like the most from the final list.
>>
>>32199322
Sounds like you should put that gun/chl/ammo money towards training or education to get a job that won't kill you
>>
>>32199261
QTDDTOT
>>
>>32199261
If you don't hit what you're supposed to hit you're going to have to shoot them more anyway.

If the round has adequate penetration and expansion, it'll do the job. 9x19 is regarded as an ideal carry round for this reason. You get enough capacity in a small size and it has great penetration capability.

There are shit tons of options. You have to decide first if you want single or double stack, and compact or subcompact before I can give recommendations.
>>
>>32199478
Well a title surveyor so I'm the basic bitch of the surveying world, but yeah.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.