[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/, is the Curve actually trash or is that just a meme? Looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: Taurus_Curve_Review_F_2.jpg (57KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Taurus_Curve_Review_F_2.jpg
57KB, 1000x500px
/k/, is the Curve actually trash or is that just a meme? Looking for ccw for my wife and it looks light/comfy enough for her to carry easily.
>>
File: 1479001081015.jpg (48KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479001081015.jpg
48KB, 480x480px
>>32198838
The curve really is trash. Get your wife an LC9 or a Shield 9. Or an LCP or something if you need something even smaller.

>Taurus
>Ever
>mfw
>>
>>32198838
What's the thing above the LEDs? Also, what's it's capacity? As long as it doesn't jam it might be ok.
>>
File: 1470555263847.png (439KB, 634x467px) Image search: [Google]
1470555263847.png
439KB, 634x467px
>>32198838
>No sights
>Laser you have to turn on manually
>A few lumens worth of useless LED
>Bent gun

Get a LCP or LCPII, a crimson's trace trigger guard laser, and a decent pocket holster

T. It's my job to talk people out of HUEHUEHUE potmetal gats and into real guns
>>
>>32198838
These kinds of guns are bad ideas. You want something that visibly looks like a gun and not a fucking cellphone or tazer. If she ever gets to the point where she has to draw she should have the opportunity to scare them off first. Also, anything short of 380 auto is a waste.
>>
Thanks for the advice, I'll be staying away
>>
>>32198838
The only good Taurus is a Judge.
>>
>>32199481
t. racking a shotgun is enough to scare bad guys away
>>
A lot of thought was put in the design.

Its not trash.

Its meant to be a great CC gun.

Colt Pocketlites are a good CC gun as well.
>>
>>32199887
This
I'd buy a Curve if the price is right. Picked up a bodyguard recently and love it
>>
>Taurus
Shoot yourself for even considering it, but not before you buy your wife a makarov.
>>
>>32198838
Bad idea for a lot of reasons:

>it's a shitty gun
Taurus is known for making garbage. A lot of us have owned Taurus, learned this, and sworn them off entirely. There's a reason why you'll almost never see a Taurus owner who owns more than one Taurus gun.

>it's a shitty design
No sights is a big negative. Needing a second hand to remove the magazine is a big negative. The gun internally isn't really curved: it's just a normal TCP with extra material to make it appear curved. The LEDs and laser look basically useless to me.

>this type of gun is a shitty choice for a woman
Small .380's tend to be extremely snappy and hard to shoot. You need the hand and finger strength to control the gun and control your trigger finger so your sights, which are non-existent anyway, don't move off the target while pulling. Most women lack both of these skills. Get her a Browning Hi Power or something else with a little heft. She will likely hate this gun, not practice with it, and fail to hit anything if she ever has to use it.

>>32199887
To be honest, this gun should have been a non-starter. The director of operations overseeing the design team should have simply nixed the idea before any more company money was wasted on it. It's a stupid concept that is executed badly. You shouldn't even mention it in the same breath as any of the Colt Mustang pistols.
>>
If you can go to a range and rent a bunch of the single stacks that would be great op. The lc9s, for instance, is very slim which is ideal for ccw. But I felt it was too slim for me to get a good grip compared to a shield 9. The shield 9 felt like a bigger gun making it enjoyable to shoot at the range. However, I ultimately went with a double stack subcompact for the extra capacity and the thickness being perfect for recoil management. Your wife's hand and how it feels to her while shooting should be taken into consideration after finding out the guns reliability track record.
>>
>>32200012

Its actually the only modern CC pistol. It looks like a cell phone if it prints, it has a long trigger pull for safety, no sights because its meant for close combat and not snagging, it has a CURVE so it fits the body, etc.

I'm saying its more likely the world wasn't ready for it than it being a bad gun.
>>
>>32200160
Define modern.
>>
File: IMG_0276.jpg (34KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0276.jpg
34KB, 500x378px
>>32199481
> opportunity to scare them off first.

Does it hurt to be this retarded?
>>
>>32200507
Address what he said. The intimidation factor is a real element of a defensive weapon. Calling him retarded is not an argument.
>>
>>32200521
Alright, intimidation is a factor, I'll agree to that. And I also agree with having a gun that looks like a gun, mainly from a safety stand point, but maybe I'm wrong there. I was always taught that when you draw your weapon, it should be to use it, because you have to use it and now you've escalated the incident further by bringing a gun into play. Maybe I'm the retard here.
>>
>>32198838
it's an ideal gun for faggots like you because it's not straight
>>
>>32200577
You draw the gun and they leg it then problem solved, you shoot them in the back then there's a lot more legal bullshit to deal with.
>>
>>32200476

Designed to look like a cell phone in your pocket. Designed to be used only for close combat. Designed to be ergonomic in your hand as well as on your person.

No other pistol can claim these things as extensively as the Curve.
>>
>>32200577
Not all states outlaw brandishing. In Utah, for example, and some other states, it's legal to brandish a weapon for the specific purpose of preventing certain types of crimes. Even if you do draw to fire, if you miss a couple shots and the criminal is feeling particularly ballsy, they might think you just have a two shot derringer and continue to threaten you.
>>
>>32200585
That's... That's not even funny.

You could have at least gone with something like "Maybe when you buy this your boyfriend will have something big enough to please him" or something. Like at least put in an effort.
>>
>>32200597
It doesn't look like a cellphone. It looks like a fat pistol. It's not designed to be carried in a pocket - way too thick for that. It's not ergonomic in your hand - at all.

The Ideal Conceal is a folding .380 derringer that actually looks like a cellphone.

Any gun can be used for close quarters combat. There's no way to design a gun so it only or specifically excels in this.

The LCP II is more ergonomic in your hand, has a more ergonomic magazine release, has a more ergonomic trigger, and is about the same size of gun, except being thinner.
>>
>>32198838
It's made by Taurus, and it's not a revolver.
Of course it's trash.
>>
>>32198838
I'd actually be interested in this if it weren't for the curve. It looks sleek.
>>
Everything I've read suggests that it's a pretty decent design that's unfortunately handicapped by being made by Taurus. You're probably better off getting your wife something else.
>>
>>32200668
Do you only read magazines?
>>
>>32200648
Which of their revolvers don't suck completely? I know some of them are actually alright due to having been designed and produced in cooperation with S&W many years ago.

Their 92FS clones that were formerly made under license from Beretta aren't bad either.
>>
>>32200632

>it doesn't look like a cellphone
No gun does. The Curve prints like a cell phone and not a pistol though
>its not designed to be carried in your pocket
No pistol is, but you can still do it
>its not ergonomic
The only true ergonomic pistols are olympic style .22s.
>>
>>32200685
605, 85 and whatever else they copied from S&W. They are cheap and you can tell it by holding one, but they are not straight out junk.
>>
>>32200507
>Not using a gun to intimidate before you shoot to kill

Unless they have a gun, or are within 2 feet of your face, there's no need to kill someone when you can intimidate them instead.
>>
File: idealconcealsmartphonegun.jpg (22KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
idealconcealsmartphonegun.jpg
22KB, 1000x600px
>>32200696
>No gun does.
When somebody mentions a gun that you are not familiar with, it might benefit you to do a quick Google search.
>The Curve prints like a cell phone and not a pistol though
Still wrong.

>The only true ergonomic pistols are olympic style .22s.
Ergonomic is a gradable adjective. It's not a matter of some things have it and others have none of it.
>>
>>32198838
Taurus is Portuguese for trash
>>
>>32200613
Not that guy, but..

>your joke is bad
>posts worse joke that isn't even relevant to the gun

The joke is that the gun is curved, not that it is big.
>>
>>32198976
does lube come with the 'free' sales pitch?
>>
>>32198838
get her a Katana Jim
>>
>>32200682
No, because if I did, I would be shilling for the Curve like they are.

Read this review and then look at its comments: https://www.nrablog.com/articles/2015/7/taurus-curve-review/

and then compare the previous review, which is generally representative of what all of the major gun rags are saying, to what ordinary people who reviewed the guns are saying:

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=14719
http://carolinagunrunners.net/taurus-curve-review/
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/07/foghorn/gun-review-taurus-curve/
>>
>>32198838
go to a big range or several of them and rent the 380s before buying one

many of the small 380s are very lite & recoil quite noticably maybe your wife won't like that ?

try ruger lc380 vs lcp or lcp2

carrying the gun is only part of it, you also have to be able to shoot it & that means practice etc etc
>>
I thought they recalled them? Guns and Ammo said that people were accidentally shooting people because they thought they were getting out their wallet.
>>
>>32200731
Isnt that just a concept rendering?
>>
>>32200746
If I like ya I'll spit first

Lcps are going for $230 and with a trigger guard laser you're talking out the door ~$370 for a pocket gun that isn't complete dogshit with a meme laser
>>
>>32198838
>anon! Put down those sega genesis cartridges and come up with a new gun design or you're fire
>>
>>32200737
Portugese is discount Spanish.
>>
>>32198976
Brazilians ruin everything.
>>
>>32199907
Man I hate the bodyguard. I have a shield and I'm sure the bodyguard would WORK as a CCW but fuck me if it isn't horrible to shoot.. garbage trigger, bad sights etc
>>
>>32201174
They start shipping this month, but why does it matter?
>>
>>32198838
If it wasn't made by Taurus it probably wouldn't be shit on constantly but it would also probably be a lot higher quality. Taurus is known for making guns that slam fire and go off when jiggled.
>>
>>32202194
What's the model/brand?
>>
>>32202575
It's called Ideal Conceal. I already said that earlier in the thread.
>>
File: Meme Gun 1.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Meme Gun 1.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
It's an alright gun but the trigger pull is unnecessarily long. Otherwise, it's a perfectly fine gun and most people here don't know what the hell they're talking about.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.