[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is quiet .22LR in a CCW viable? They make it in HP and it costs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: quiet2203op.png (27KB, 600x349px) Image search: [Google]
quiet2203op.png
27KB, 600x349px
Is quiet .22LR in a CCW viable? They make it in HP and it costs just as much as any .22LR. I don't want to ruin my hearing. You could basically shoot this stuff in your backyard in the suburb and tell people it's your BB gun from how quiet it is.
>>
>>32197502
Against squirrels and rabbits maybe
>>
Quiet .22s wont cycle most semi autos reliably.
>>
>>32197502
>Is quiet .22LR in a CCW viable?

>>32197554

A .22LR revolver with subsonic hollow points is still a deadly weapon.

Supposedly the majority of defensive gun uses involve just drawing your weapon and having the aggressor run off, or firing under 3 shots.

Just don't expect it to drop a grown man as easily as a larger cartridge if you actually need it to.

9mm is not going to ruin your hearing.

I have had much louder go off without hearing protection in and only have minor tinnitus.
>>
>>32197502
No.
>>
>>32197502
Get a .38 revolver.

Yes it will be loud, your ears might even ring for the entire day, but ultimately, most hearing damage is cumulative, shooting frequently without hearing protection is what ruins most people's hearing, just shooting it a couple of times in one instance will do neglible damage, and is a worthwhile tradeoff for surviving, rather than worrying about your ears and getting killed.

Besides, hearing damage can sort of be treated with aspirine and vitamin D (if it's recent) so I guess keep some of that with you if you're concerned
>>
>>32197502
.22 shorts are pretty fucking quiet. Like pellet gun quiet.
>>
quiet-22 will not even function. the subsonic .22LR hollow points will, though.
>>
>>32197642
Also pelletgun performance.
>>
>>32197901
Elaborate. They that weak? Shot a couple chipmunks at 20 yards out.

If I stuck it up to your forehead and squeezed one off. Whatd happen?
>>
File: glocksrshit.png (46KB, 324x354px) Image search: [Google]
glocksrshit.png
46KB, 324x354px
>>32197923
it would kill me

they're still capable of penetration but don't have the stopping power of larger rounds

a .22 would enter the body but unless you hit something ultra vital or put a shitload into the target they're not gonna bring anything to a dead stop

then again, nothing short of a .50 will really have the hollywood effect either

something like a .38 or .357 magnum just packs a larger punch and will do more damage, eliminating the threat much more quickly
>>
File: IMG_7020.jpg (212KB, 851x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7020.jpg
212KB, 851x1136px
>>32197583
>won't ruin your hearing
>I have minor tinnitus
Kys
>>
File: IMG_5009.jpg (35KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5009.jpg
35KB, 600x375px
>>32197971
>muh stoppin Powa
Fucking fudd. .22 will bounce around the inside of the skull.
>>
>>32198675
He's into memes. He wants a (You). Merry Christmas.
>>
File: 20161203_120525.jpg (4MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20161203_120525.jpg
4MB, 4032x2268px
I shoot cci quiet quite frequently.

They are pretty damn quiet out of a 10/22 (you have to cycle the action manually) and not as quiet out of other 22lr rifles I have, and hardly quite at all out of a pistol.

The penetration is very weak. Like won't penetrate 1/2" pine board weak, or 1 full gallon milk jug weak.

I wouldn even hunt squirrels with them bc, a) they group very poorly beyond 25yds and, b) even with a good hit youre not guaranteed to find the dead squirrel

In conclusion, its a terrible idea. you're either trolling or completely uneducated on firearms.
>>
Basic subsonic .22LR isn't loud enough to worry about with plugs.

I don't like the CCI Quiets as the trajectory sucks massive dick.

You get like 10 inches of drop at 100 yards over typical 1050 FPS standard velocity. Though, I don't have mil-dot scopes on my .22s, so you can see why I dislike it.
>>
>>32198912

I should say, ALL .22LR isn't loud enough to worry about with plugs on.

Subsonic from a long barreled rifle hovers below the threshold of damage for impulses (130 is the threshold).
>>
>>32197502
Get the CCI stingers. Those are pretty powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpIm1otEG1E
>>
>>32197502
I just use .22 short
>>
File: and a happy new year.jpg (50KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
and a happy new year.jpg
50KB, 500x671px
>>32198675
>>32198690
I'm not saying that .22 wouldn't kill someone. It's a lethal round. Like you said it would wiggle and bounce and tear your insides up just like a Filipino hooker.

My point was just that there's more power in bigger rounds. It all depends on what you want out of your ammo.
>>
>>32198675
>.22 will bounce around the inside of the skull.
I wouldn't rely on that effect happening.

Also aiming for the head can look like premeditation to a jury.

>>32198657
Vitamin D and aspirin can help prevent that if it's recent.
>>
>>32198941
>ALL .22LR isn't loud enough to worry about with plugs on.
Plenty of people have ruined their hearing or gotten terrible tinnitus by regularly shooting .22LR without ear protection, don't be a fool.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.