[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about John Wick? I've seen it he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: John_Wick_TeaserPoster[1].jpg (36KB, 280x420px) Image search: [Google]
John_Wick_TeaserPoster[1].jpg
36KB, 280x420px
What do you guys think about John Wick? I've seen it here before as a /k/ approved movie, so lets talk about it. What do you think about the choreography for the gunfights, and the actual guns themselves?

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/John_Wick
>>
I've seen it four times now... so, I guess I liked it alright.
>>
>>32195638
Good but a little too much bad guy waiting to be punched and it had one of those scenes where the character is sitting in a car and people shoot the car up but he's fine because lol car. I hate that but the blind sniper shot through stain glass at an impromptu location really took me out of the illusion. So I'm saying some of the action tried to go over the top too much but other scenes were great. That's my "gun owning" perspective but..
Good acting and movie.
>>
>>32195638
It was okay. The gunplay was great but really lost me at parts.
>>
Keanu Reeves is my favorite celebrity because he is a legitimately a good human being. As for the coreography I thought it was magnificent, I enjoyed that movie quite a bit.
>>
Redditcore desu

No tension onscreen means all the choreography was wasted. I was bored to death and eye-rolling the whole way through

Felt like the boondock saints
>>
File: Die-Hard1.jpg (639KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Die-Hard1.jpg
639KB, 1920x1080px
>>32195868
>No tension onscreen means all the choreography was wasted. I was bored to death and eye-rolling the whole way through
>Felt like the boondock saints

oh my god, yeah.

the awful truth of John Wick is that the titular character is just completely uninteresting. He's a generic badass with no personality and nothing to lose.
>>
File: 1390281984646.gif (499KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1390281984646.gif
499KB, 270x270px
>>32195638
>puppy
>>
>>32195638
The fight choreography was the best I've seen in a LONG time.
>>
The rape scene was a little over the top. A few people walked out of the theater at that point. Overall it's not worth the time.
>>
>>32195638
Headshots n shit
>>
>>32196217
I don't even remember a rape scene.
>>
File: 1477539032486.jpg (216KB, 959x963px) Image search: [Google]
1477539032486.jpg
216KB, 959x963px
>>32195850
>mixed race mongrel
>good "human being"
>>
>>32196217
I think you have the wrong movie.
>>
>>32196243
/pol/ pls go and stay go
>>
>>32196243
Kys
>>
>>32196217
This. I hadn't been that uncomfortable watching a movie since the curb-stomping scene in Spiderman 2
>>
>>32196243
Literally everyone is a mutt of some sort. What cracks me up is the ones usually saying this shit are fat mexicans or scrawny asians who can't grow a full beard
>>
>>32196430
No. Mixed race couples are still a very small minority because normal, genetically-fit human beings prefer to have children with people of their own race.
>>
File: 0.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>32196243
ASUKA GET THE FUCK OFF OF 4chan GOD FUCKING DAMN!

Do I have to choke you out again!
>>
>>32196430
t. """"""""""""""white"""""""""""""" american
>>
File: D4A.png (451KB, 589x577px) Image search: [Google]
D4A.png
451KB, 589x577px
>all these people acting like it's normal for a beta WM to settle on a slanty eyed, horse faced AW after years of rejection and desperation from women of his own race

You and Shengsheng are totally going to produce babies with superior genetics, though, right? Only the best halves of each parent combine into the embryo, right?
>>
>>32196123
>>32195868

I think that is the point, he's become sort of soulless after losing the only things he loved. He's just wrath and vengeance, always make sure your enemies still have plenty to lose. It's s theme even carried over to the bad guy who is on the run and trying to deal right up until his son dies at which point he becomes the same as John Wick and nearly does kill him. It's a badass punisher type movie but carries some deep warnings. The whole secret assassins hotel club was pretty cool too.
I don't think there is enough depth to the character for a spin off show or anything but it wasn't really a "character" type movie.
>>
>>32196123
Im fairly sure that was the point. Generic protagonist with generic story chases generic bad guys. The entire focus on this movie was on the cinematography and choreography, and a more complex story would most likely only detract from it (especially if it weren't on point). It's a fairly ballsy thing to do, really and it should be appriciated.
>>
It's a relatively simple movie, all things considered. It knows what it set out to do and it does those things incredibly well.
>>32195850
Keanu Reeves is fucking awesome. Probably one of the few guys in Hollywood I'd actually want to meet. Or better yet, be range buddies with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpr8oqyjKIc
>>
File: asuka_smug.jpg (9KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
asuka_smug.jpg
9KB, 248x233px
>>32196243
>stormfaggery
>while using a Russian cosplaying a mixed-race Japanese character

Literally kill yourself.
>>
>>32195638
Reeves was in one of the commercials telling you to vote for Hillary. Never buy, rent or patronize a movie with Reeves in it.
>>
>>32198197
Remind me...why should I give a shit? Most of Hollywood is left-wing, not to mention all of the actual crazies like Tom Cruise and his Scientologist buddies.

Someone can have differing political views and still be a decent person. Hell, they can be a shitty person and still make good art.
>>
>>32198197
Do you have anything to back that up?
>>
>>32198238
His face in the video with his mouth moving to create the words the suggest you should vote for Hillary.
>>
>>32195638
I could actually count the number of bullets fired *autism peaks* and found the moments he reloads to be kinda accurate
>>
>>32198284
I actually caught myself doing that in the theatre a couple of times, and it definitely looked like the choreographers made an effort to keep bullet counts accurate.
>>
I met Keanu in a store one time. He tried to shoplift some cans of coke and was a very rude person in general.
>>
>>32198276
Yeah google isnt coming back with that, get me a sauce
>>
>>32198303
Go find it your self. Think im going to go back and watch Hillary ads for you? Fuck off.
>>
>>32198114
I wonder if Keanu is even into guns, or if like Tom Cruise he's just so autistic that when he prepares for a role he becomes legitimately good at the thing he's practicing.
>>
>>32199153
He is. He apparently spends a lot of time at the range. We've all seen the training vids by now. They go a little beyond preparing for a role. Dude balls hard.
>>32198308
I'm with that other Anon. Provide proof or suck a dick. I never saw that commercial.
>>32198301
>inb4 /tv/ copypasta
>>
>>32199234
>They go a little beyond preparing for a role.
You underestimate Keanu's autism.

The real question is, does he own any guns? That would settle the matter pretty decisively.
>>
>>32199234
I take that back. He may not. Google is proving 50/50. Most of it is pure speculation and the only interview-ish quote I saw was antigun ;_;

A-at least we still have based Brangelin-oh wait.

A-at least we still have Chris Pratt.
>>
>>32199280
We also have Adam Baldwin. Wouldn't be surprised if he frequents 4chan on occasion. He did coin #gamergate, after all.
>>
>>32198308
>Loser with no source makes baseless claim
You sound like a Hillary supporter.
>>
File: you'rearetard.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
you'rearetard.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>32196243
/po/ get back to /pol/ you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>32196425
Heh
>>
>>32196471
The human race, you mean
>>
File: gs.jpg (89KB, 719x895px) Image search: [Google]
gs.jpg
89KB, 719x895px
>>32199255
He partially owns "Taran Tactical". He probably owns firearms.
>>
>>32199518
>He partially owns "Taran Tactical"
Awesome, didn't know about this.
>>
>>32195638
I like some of the music. Other than that, I don't remember much.
>>
>>32195868
This.
I like the film in principle because I respect the effort that went into the little details and want to support that kind of thing, but to be honest its not a movie I actually enjoy rewatching all that much, every fight scene feels like it goes on about 2 minutes too long. Still recommend it to people though.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.