[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best aftermarket trigger for a Glock 17? I am going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: glock17.jpg (502KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
glock17.jpg
502KB, 2304x1536px
What is the best aftermarket trigger for a Glock 17?

I am going to replace the sights and trigger only, none of that ZEV/Agency Arms bullshit.
>>
Maybe you should have bought another pistol instead of one renowned for it's cheap plastic construction and water-gun plunger trigger.
>>
>>32195613
This.
Should have went with a cz, buddy.
>>
>>32195572
Ask Lenny Magill on Glockstore.com
>>
>replacing glorious stock glock trigger
bubba pls go and stay go
>>
File: ah18.jpg (141KB, 998x850px) Image search: [Google]
ah18.jpg
141KB, 998x850px
Get 4 pound Glock or 3.5 pound Ghost connector and you will be just fine.

Use sandpaper 2500 to remove burrs off metal parts, polish them a little to give 'em nice smooth action.

But beware glock inside parts are hardened on surface only, that means once you go too deep with sandpaper You will damage them what will result in quick wear. Use sandpaper cautiously.
>>
>>32195572
>water-gun plunger trigger

Most water guns i've shot have a better trigger than my glock.
>>
File: Snapchat-6509052998385393502-1.jpg (355KB, 2004x1439px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6509052998385393502-1.jpg
355KB, 2004x1439px
>>32195572

I was first issued a Glock 17 for duty carry about 8 years ago. Now my department issues Glock 23s and off duty I carry a Glock 42. Im also a Glock armorer.
Dont fall victim to the desk-bound tactical "experts" pushing some bullshit elitist agenda. There is nothing wrong with Glock firearms.
If youre going to be using the firearm in a competition capacity, by all means, upgrade the trigger. Otherwise, its really not necessary. The things you should be adding, in my opinion, are an extended slide release and an extended magazine release. Adding these parts will give you a noticeable advantage in your weapons manipulation.
As far as the sights go, for my money, you really cant beat the Trijicon HD night sights with an orange outline, but of course that would be personal preference.
>>
don't bother with the trigger or the disconnector, do what the guy above says and buy an extended mag and slide release. The vickers ones are great.

Trijicon HDs and the XS Big/Standard Dot 24/7 sights are the only sight upgrades I'd consider to be honest. There are probably other good ones but Tritium is mandatory IMO
>>
>>32196292
>>32196318
What's wrong with replacing connector? it takes literally 5 minutes and difference is huge.
>>
>>32196318

extended mag release yes... extended slide release no... The normal slide release works just fine, but most people push on it wrong. They try to go more or less straight down, and you won't be able to get any purchase that way... You have to push down while pushing into the side of the slide. It's incredibly easy and barely takes any force. Even with gloves.
>>
>>32196418

Nothing, but connector only without other changes just adds "mush" to the trigger.

My 17 has the Zev full setup and is pretty awesome...

but you could get much the same trigger if you just bought a PPQ or VP9... with all stock parts...

Basically I already had glocks and a ton of mags, so I stayed there in anticipation of a FHRC presidency... now I got 4 years of time so I may go back to the P99AS (which is my preferred Striker)
>>
>>32196292
What do you think of GlockTriggers.com carry triggers? All OEM parts polished to a high degree.

>>32195572
Be careful, most aftermarket triggers defeat some of the safeties.
>>
>>32197501

By Zev full setup I mean the Firing Pin, Connector, Trigger, Firing Pin Safety, and Springs...

Mine will setoff Brown Bear with no problems... but like I said, the trigger isn't a huge amount better than the Walthers or the VP9 (i've owned all 3)... not worth it if you consider the cost of the trigger + cost of gun...

Theres also a somewhat reasonable fear of using non-factory trigger parts in some areas, but I live in based Dixie where its pretty much ZFG as long as the shooting itself was justified...

No Way I'd use such a setup in NY or California...
>>
>>32197520

I'm the ZEV fag, I wasn't impressed with my Glocktriggers trigger...

I had the Skimmer... mine had an issue with the trigger not having enough overtravel to reset the trigger dingus (safety)...
>>
>>32197556
>I had the Skimmer... mine had an issue with the trigger not having enough overtravel to reset the trigger dingus (safety)...
When was that?
>>
File: 20161202_111100.jpg (2MB, 1996x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161202_111100.jpg
2MB, 1996x2988px
>>32195632
this
>cz fag reporting
>>
>>32197564

Hmm... if I had to guess it was maybe late 2013 or 2014... Don't really recall...

If you mean when the issue manifested...

>Pull Trigger
>Bang/Dry Fire
>Release Trigger
*Issue: Trigger doesn't move forward enough to engage the trigger safety/dingus*

At that point you could pull the side of the trigger to make the weapon fire (without pressing on the trigger safety)...

Whats really odd is that it wouldn't do this every shot or every time you dryfired...

Gave it to my friend who fancies himself a gunsmith with the issue known, he "fixed it"... still in his gun.

May have been a small defect, dunno I got it when I first read about the trigger system...
>>
>>32197568

>2016
>CZ makes a PPQ

Where is your God now Czechfag?

That isn't to say that CZs cant be good, but for my money they ain't until you get a bunch of stuff from CZCustom or Cajun Gun... but they can be really good then...
>>
>>32197597
Interdasting. Do the Zev trigger kits bypass any of the Glock safeties? I'm looking to get a new trigger for my gen4 G19.
>>
>>32197603
>there is no god
>only cz
>>
>>32196112
You can get the same results without worrying about ruining components by just using Q-tips and metal polish. I've done a few glock with this method using Blue Magic metal polish with great results. Do the front of the Striker engagement face and the rear of the sear, where you have sliding contact. Rub the Q-tips in the direction of sliding contact travel. It takes a little time but it ends up with a mirror polish.
>>
>>32196112
>blue board.
>>
>>32197708

Mine doesn't appear too...

But I got the "Duty" one thats non adjustable...

I'm sure with an adjustable one you could monkey with it until it bypassed the trigger safety...
>>
>>32198956

Best advice in the thread, also cheapest (as the ZEV guy)... you can get a very decent trigger just polishing the existing components, especially if you have a Gen 4 (the "Dot" connector is wonderful, lighter weight no mush (like the 3.5s)).

Just do what he says and go slow... I used Flitz on mine,

>Trigger Bar where it touches Connector
>Connector where it touches Bar
>Striker where it hits the Bar
>Bar where it hits the Striker
>Firing Pin Safety
>Trigger Bar where it presses on FPS

You CAN use a dremel, but go slow and only use a "paper wheel" you don't wanna remove material, just polish whats there...
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.