[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

military intelligence wants to talk to this guy https://www

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

military intelligence wants to talk to this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1rPkeHodAc

he's face looks kind of red was thinking did they interigate him ela anal rape?

also army intelli thread
>>
>>32188261
>was in military intel for a few years
That picture is disturbingly accurate, but you definitely did more "work" than powerpoint stuff.
>>
>>32188261
i fucking hate power point
i'm a software dev and when i have to make a presentation about something i rather doodle in paint or run a demo.
>>
>>32188638
My recruiter didn't lie to me- said straight that I'm going to sit in an air-conditioned office and that actual combat-troops will hate my guts for that. Perks of a conscript military, I guess- nobody's trying to sell the job to you.

>>32188261
> also army intelli thread
What do you expect the discussion to be a bout? All topics are either classified or boring... Toss us a bone or something.
>>
>>32191201
i like boring tell me more always wanted to understand analysis like how would you think an attack is comming by just looking at random data?
>>
haha intel
>there are like 3 species of scorpion
>mortars tend to land between x and y hours
>i just did like 14-2 halo at the rec tent
nigga but i went 16-0 suck my dick
>>
I need advice /k/

I desperately want to become a strategic/intelligence analyst, but I'm finding it difficult to find information about it

I'd like to focus on the Asian-Pacific region cause fuck China, but I'm not entirely sure how to accomplish this

I'm in community college and transferring to a uni next year, I was going to major in American History but the college I'm looking at is about to start a Military History degree program by the time I transfer. I was going to get a masters in security studies or something along those lines after.

I haven't done too too much digging yet, but from what I could gather military expirence seems almost like a necessity, so I was contemplating sending in an officer package for either the Air Force or Navy if I don't go right for my masters after. I fucked up a little bit my first year but now I'm As and Bs, so Im scared it will hamper my potential future.

I'm also about to start learning Japanese since I've read that it'll give you a significant edge

Any advice or links you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated
>>
>>32193380
you should probably focus more on mandarin and cantonese.
>>
>>32193667
What's your reasoning behind that?
>>
>>32193380
If you're going to go work in Japan, then Japanese will help. Otherwise it won't help at all.

Mandarin and Malay/Indonesian are your best bet.
>>
>>32193380
join the air force as a 1N0. Pray that you get Osan or Hickam.

Thats about it.
>>
>>32193380
Well, not with American History for starters.

Go into international relations/poli.sci and try really fucking hard to get internships in federal agencies or reputable thinktanks. Military experience is not necessary for many analyst jobs.

>I'm also about to start learning Japanese since I've read that it'll give you a significant edge

It's a DIA and NSA strategic language. It's just as good as Mandarin or Korean. However the US Gov't's aptitude tests are really fucking hard, even for native speakers.

Best of luck.

>>32193802
>>32193667

Don't listen to these guys, unless they can put up credentials
>>
>>32193859
Not that anon but healthy, going to post grad, proficient in pajeet Hindi/Urdu. Can I do anything cool where I can shoot at people or has that time come and gone for American military? While I won't mind sitting at a desk I'd rather do something more away from said desk.
>>
>>32193859
>unless they can put up credentials
You think strategic analysis is just a military/spook thing, do you? Because you're dead fucking wrong.

Most of it is actually in the private sector, or do you really think that companies go and sink a gas drill in the South China Sea without checking whether political bullshit or terrorism is going to affect them? Do you think that every shipping country operating in the region doesn't have a fuckload of security analysts?

Also, the Asia-Pacific region is a lot bigger than northeast Asia, Malaysia is a regional power in South-East Asia, and Indonesia will become a regional power throughout Asia-Pacific, and Malay languages are closely related to half the other languages in the region, meaning you'll be able to pick up something like Tagalog or Cebuano really fucking fast if needed, and probably won't find a lot of Pacific Island languages too daunting if you end up working to clean up after a hurricane.
>>
>>32193859
Yeah I figured as so, but I was thinking about poli. Sci then majoring in possibly military history for my post grad, I might have a few connections that I may be able to use (my brothers grand father is a retired Lt. Col that flew B-52s in Nam) and one of his buddies uncles in a Brigadier General so I'm going to kiss as much ass ass as I possibly can. Really appreciate the guidance
>>
>>32193272
>always wanted to understand analysis
Okay.

> like how would you think an attack is comming by just looking at random data?

It's not "random data".

You're answering a specific set of PIRs (Priority Intelligence Requirements) or questions from a customer (policy maker, military commander etc.).

There is an entire cycle just for collections management. Collections are (usually) very targeted with information flowing both ways (from collector to analyst and back) in the form of IIRs/SIGINT tearlines/Imagery and feedback (hopefully).

You combine all of these sources from collection (and other analysts from SIGINT and GEOINT), OSINT, and historical understanding of a topic or AO to produce Predictive Analysis.

Predictive Analysis doesn't mean you're predicting "an attack ... by just looking at random data". Rather Predictive Analysis allows the customer to make as educated a decision as possible. Usually this decision involves policy or military action.

There are many topics that an analyst and collector can find themselves covering ranging from economic intelligence to political intelligence.
>>
>>32193964
>You think strategic analysis is just a military/spook thing, do you?

Not that anon, but can you provide a work badge?

Because he's right.

>>32193859
The only thing I would add to this post is if you are near a school with an ICCAE choose that school and get involved in that program.

I'm a former analyst in the middle of school and I'm involved in the ICCAE program where I'm at. It allows for a lot of networking.
>>
>>32193380

Hope you like maps. Like really really detailed maps
>>
>>32194372
>doesn't mean you're predicting "an attack ... by just looking at random data". Rather Predictive Analysis allows the customer to make as educated a decision
Have mercy on our souls, intell talk is the same around the world; "there's low risk that the event will happen, but it's quite possible that it will".
At least now I know that you call it "RIP". We call it "Tziah".
>>
>>32188261
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7_GPnPFIOM
>>
>>32188261
le bumping to read latter
>>
>>32197001
is this legit is the guy talking about real or just some bs
>>
>>32195926
I don't not like them.

I love thinking of strategic scenarios in my head, such as having Division X go through this route to flank division Y through this particular path of woods so on and so on
I don't know all too much about this specific field yet, bug I'm beyond more than willing to absorb any knowledge I can get my hands on
If you meant maps that have the locations of divisions, batallions, squadrons, equipment and so on displayed on a map

Yes, it makes my boyhood tremble
>>
>>32197173
It was pretty good, in layman's terms at least. It still feels like an "academic-research talk that doesn't fit reality 100% when applied in practice", but his points were mostly valid.
Also him throwing the main weight of failure on decision makers was nice.
>>
>>32188261
Replace PowerPoint with me writing reports to be in power points and you've nailed it.
>>
File: files.png (14KB, 262x474px) Image search: [Google]
files.png
14KB, 262x474px
>>32197373

Want some spoop stuff?
>>
>>32197825
Beggers aren't choosers. Dump to your hearts content, but I don't want the FBI knocking on my door. Please
>>
>>32197934
Don't feed the retard. It's all unclassed FMs you can find online.
>>
>>32197977
>>32197825
lol

>>32197373
That's not what an analyst does.

I literally gave a tl;dr of what an All Source Analyst* is likely to do here >>32194372

*An All Source Analyst is what you think of 99% of the time when you talk about "intel analyst". An All Source Analyst is the guy who is creating predictive analysis and briefing the customer/policy maker on it. When you watch a movie about terrorists or whatever, the subject matter experts that are briefing the Joint Chiefs or the POTUS+cabinet on the terrorists are the movie version of All Source Analysts and managers. In the Intelligence Cycle All Source Analysts sit at the Analysis and Dissemination steps.
>>
>>32198290
Also forgot Source: I was an All Source Analyst
>>
>>32197825
Way to be a faggot.
>>32197934
https://murdercube.com/files/
Here you go. For scientific intents only.
>>
>>32198325
I forgot, you're looking for "spycraft". That's where he got most of his top secret classified bullshit.
>>
>>32188261
Words cannot stress how true the last panel of pic related is. OP, if you end up going any sort of intel in the military you're going to fucking hate powerpoint.
>>
>>32197934

Like the dickwad said, it's all unclassified stuff. Still, nice to have and all.

https://p.fuwafuwa.moe/qmuyhx.zip

>>32197977

Neck yourself, I did not state that it was classified.

>>32198325

wat I do wrong? Last time I checked murdercube was dead and I was only able to access the files through the internet archive.
>>
>>32197825
pls post them
>>
>>32197825
I'm pretty sure I downloaded the same dump as you. Megafolder?
>>
>>32193380
>I desperately want to become a strategic/intelligence analyst, but I'm finding it difficult to find information about it

Not trying to be an ass, but how about thinking a bit more about what you just said.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.