[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me not to open up a gander mountain card to buy a chiappa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: chiappa-rhino-2.jpg (63KB, 640x372px) Image search: [Google]
chiappa-rhino-2.jpg
63KB, 640x372px
Convince me not to open up a gander mountain card to buy a chiappa rhino. To help, I'll have to sell my ATI 1911. I'd have 12 months no interest.

Red pill me on it.

The bad reviews are generally all from the first run (common for any new firearm) combined with their horrible customer service have made for a bad first impression on many. But anyone who has it new loves it. I mean....it's so sexy! LOOK AT IT.
>>
>>32187139
I wouldn't, not very useful, but I'm sure it's not terrible.

I just couldn't justify buying it, too expensive for what it is t-b-h, f-a-m.

I'd much rather buy a quality 1911 or maybe save the cash towards a Mk.23.

HK P7?
>>
>>32187139
Are you me?

I've been looking at them for the last hour. They look like a future detective gun and that makes my dick hard.

I also do milsim stuff and unfortunately nobody makes a good 4 inch version of it in that world.

I like to match my real guns to my toy ones because autism. I might just get the 4 inch real one and maybe settle on the Glock 19 with OD slide for airsoft because I play to much CS:GO.
>>
>>32187154
I wouldn't look at it unless I had the card for it and have 12 months to pay. I'm looking at the 4" for CC, but I already have a XDS 4" for it. It'd be around $1200 all said and done. Also not really in the market for any other handgun, I've just had my eye on this for 3 years and I've just come and cross a way to finance it.

Thanks, I'll definitely think on it.
>>
>>32187139
37% interest after so many months or something. I forget
>>
>>32187139
I'd get one if it didn't have that ugly line half way down the barrel
>>
1.) Bad customer service and support due to being a tiny Italian company with a miniscule U.S. presence

2.) Build quality not equal to a Ruger or S&W in terms of time before parts/frame failure

3.) More expensive than a Ruger or S&W

4.) High depreciation due to being made by a company that is obscure except among hardcore gun enthusiasts and aesthetics that many buyers dislike

All that being said, it depends on what price you are ultimately paying for the gun. I would consider a Rhino if I found it for less than $600 on the secondary market and it was in good condition. I would not pay over $700 for a new one for all of the reasons stated above, especially when you consider what other offerings are available at that price point. Also,

>buying a gun that you can't immediately afford

I seriously hope you guys don't do this. You're better off waiting until you actually have all of the money necessary unless the gift card has an expiration date that requires you to use it immediately.
>>
File: 600px-GITSAAAE09_02.jpg (46KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
600px-GITSAAAE09_02.jpg
46KB, 600x338px
>>32187155
Same, and looking at a 4" model. And you're certainly right on the detective portion.
>>
>>32187185
0% interest for 12 months actually. So I'd legit have 12 months.
>>
I wouldn't say they'd be depreiciating, those factors I'd see as helpful years down the road. However yes, I would like to see the price much lower, but after 5 years I've seen the prices stay the same, so I'm not holding out for any good deals. I'm actually in Dayton where they distribute them and there's not a deal to be had. Lowest one in 100 miles is $836. The main pusher for me is the 12 months 0% interest gander mountain has at the moment. I've got the cash, but I can't "afford" paying that up front.
>>
>>32187192
The 4" has those extra things above the barrel, like support bars or something, the holes.

The holes really make it look like some crazy future gun that shoots robot rounds.

Also the Euro grip makes it really stand out.
>>
>>32187233
That's to save weight on the gun actually.
>>
>>32187230
Up to you.

Something you should consider though is that if you are going to be paying $836 dollars for a Chiappa Rhino, you're already most of the way towards a S&W R8, which is an infinitely superior mall ninja revolver in every respect and is guaranteed to maintain or grow its value on the secondary market rather than depreciate.
>>
>>32187139
>red pill

Douche.
>>
>>32187275
That makes complete sense.
>>
>>32187278
>S&W R8 - a tarted up antiquity that your fudd grandpa would have bought because he didn't trust those new-fangled 1911's
>keeping its value
Yea, about that.....
>>
>>32187278
It'd be $1100 actually. But I'm not wanting any revolver, I'm wanting THAT revolver.
>>
>>32187139
I thought about it too, but I can't justify paying an extra $150 above msrp.

Been wanting to get it... just... ugg...
>>
>>32187202
If you can't pay it off now, what makes you think you can in twelve months?
>>
>>32187347
>fudd
>buying a gun made of scandium with synthetic grips that has a melonite finish
>buying ANY gun that appeared in fucking Counter Strike of all things

I don't think that word means what you think it means, unless you are making the case that all revolvers are inherently fudd weapons.

Also, you don't need to take my word on the R8. Go and look at the actual sale prices on a used 386 Night Guard--or any of the Night Guard line, really--and compare them to the MSRP
>>
>>32187139
Can you afford to pay it off immediately? If so, then there's no harm in building your credit further. But taking on a debt that you can't immediately close for something that is a discretionary purchase is a bad idea.
>>
If you are tired of your 1911? Fuck it, trade it in and see what you can get. Though consider this: Gander mountain can be a rip off.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Revolvers/BI.aspx?Keywords=rhino&Sort=4

Also. Go shoot one first. I fell out of love with revolvers real fast.
>>
>>32187642
I bought it from there. The guy sold it for $150, I bought it for $250. I plan on selling it for at least $350
>>
>>32187139
>>>32187202
>If you can't pay it off now, what makes you think you can in twelve months?

I could pay cash, but that's a big chunk gone. I'd rather pay 1/3 of my monthly check for a year than do that
>>
>>32187586

Yeah, I can. And without having had a credit card before, it'll be my first stride to have a credit card and a good score.
>>
Buy one when you have the money to, faggot. And don't get one from gander.
>>
>>32187926
Why?
>>
>>32188028
If you like getting fucked in the ass that's your prerogative, but understand that you can get them far cheaper elsewhere.
>>
>>32188045
The cheapest I've found is about $200 less, without tax or shipping. To me, having 12 months to pay it off for $200 more and have a bumper to bumper warranty for 3 years seems like a better option
>>
>>32187926

>just buy a house when you have the money, loans are for nerds.
>>
>>32188077
Don't buy on credit you god damn doubloon. Save your penis
>>
>>32188106

why
>>
>>32188123
Forget it. You'll figure it out for yourself.
>>
>>32188130
That wasn't OP, I'm OP. But I wouldn't mind a explanation so I could save my penis.
>>
>>32187793
you make $250/mo? jesus
>>
>>32188204
Well $600+, but $200 a month payments. Done paying in 5 months
>>
>>32188306
if you don't have the discipline to save up even enough for a run of the mill handgun, what makes you think you'll have enough discipline to pay over the minimum and not end up spending $4K for it in the end?
>>
>>32188167
slippery slope. buying on credit for the average person is a dangerous way to play the game of life.

I was fucking stupid when I was young. Grew up in a financially retarded family. Fucked myself over real good with credit cards, and it took me a long time to get back on track.

Being in debt (fuck off to the faggots who compare it to a home loan) is a shitty way to go through life. If affects way too many aspects of your life and really limits you.
>>
>>32188435
Except debt is kind of a necessity to build credit. They check your credit score for everything, from getting insurance, to getting hired at a job, and obviously for things like a car or a house. If OP can manage his debt, then his idea is a sound one.
>>
It better be one without that fucking SEAM.
>>
>>32187155
>I also do milsim

Is that what the kids are calling airsoft these days?
>>
>>32188306
Where the fuck do you work? I make $500 a week at $12/h and I'm not fucking middle class.
>>
>>32189445
Yeah. It's pretty fucking gay desu.

Between the post you're referencing I decided to sell my gear.

Dead serious.

I looked at the next scheduled match and it was like 40% people under 18 and 60% nogunz who are too poor for hasgunz.

Fuck airsoft.
>>
>>32189477
Gander mountain
>>
>>32187283
?
Board culture
?
Dumbass
!
>>
>>32187139
It's a mostly cosmetic gun.your 1911 is more useful
>>
File: pasta space magic.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pasta space magic.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.