[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are firearms and ammunition going to get cheaper within the next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: P64.jpg (597KB, 1000x650px) Image search: [Google]
P64.jpg
597KB, 1000x650px
Are firearms and ammunition going to get cheaper within the next 4 years? Are we going to ever see stuff like <$100 Mosin Nagants and <$200 Makarovs ever again?
>>
A lot of things would have to go really right
>>
>>32185641
Nope

I do believe prices will normalize though. For example, glocks going back to their ~450 price tag instead of this ridiculous 550+ nonsense.

Mosins will never go back to being sub 100 because of people still believing they are the epitome rifle. I can remember turning 18 and going into the store for my first rifle, and mosins costing 72 dollars. Luckily I knew better and bought a winchester 70 with a scope for 300 with 3 boxes of ammo.

Same goes for makarovs. When people found out there were actual pristine brand new ones coming into the country(along with the shit ones), they drove up the prices to what they are now.
>>
Surplus firearms are a commodity, they my have been produced from X to Y. Normally C&R can be imported fine, those old rifles just are not made nor used anymore... Unless a government has a massive surplus on hand and the gun buying public is not really into old gun, demand would be low but supply is high. These two factors would give way to the less than 100 dollar rifles again. I am old enough to remember moist nuggets going for 50 dollars and gun store owners talking against even buying them from their own stores.

TL;DR no supply is drying up, so no real new imports and demand will be really high for probably another year at least.
>>
>>32185697
>Luckily I knew better and bought a winchester 70 with a scope for 300 with 3 boxes of ammo.
How is that better, exactly? You could have bought 4 Mosins and sold them for $275 this year. That said I don't know shit about Winchester 700 prices.
>>
Was just on the website of an arms manufacturer in Israel, and they do imports to the U.S. as a side job.

Their website had a disclaimer that 1895 Nagants aren't being imported into the U.S. "because of the political situation in Russia" so it'll change when that blows over.
>>
>>32185728
This was 2006. Ive owned a mosin and quickly sold it since it was only good as novelty for me. Compared to other cheap rifles I have owned, it had the worst bolt action.

Winchester 70s nowadays go for 700+ used. New is 900+ after tax.
>>
>>32185641
Nope, and it will never happen again as long as select-fire weapons are illegal for most civilians to own. Right now we should be getting loads of M16A1s for under $200 apiece, but instead they're all getting melted down.
>>
>>32185697
That is not why they are expensive in the USA though. It is now illegal to import russian milsurp. All the milsurp rifles/ammo is drying up. Have you seen what a Spam can is going for now?
>>
>>32185641
Effectively the days of cheap surplus are over.
It really has become the realm of collectors.

There may be a stockpile or so that could be found that has no official record or the records where lost (see Nepal Cache of Martini-Henrys) but for the most part any appreciable stock of guns have been already disturbed to the public.

Ammo has also been either shot or regulated into collections for the most part. The few stocks of ammo are most likely not good to shoot anymore as well. There are exceptions for ammo currently being made but import costs place this at almost cheap commercial costs.

It sucks. You missed the cheap surplus by about a decade.
>>
>>32189359
I wish they released more A1 parts kits out into the wild. I managed to snag one but still...
>>
Suppressors may stop being NFA items, so there's that.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.