[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just screwed up really bad at the range today. Probably going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: range.jpg (25KB, 482x362px) Image search: [Google]
range.jpg
25KB, 482x362px
I just screwed up really bad at the range today. Probably going to sell my guns and quit.

I was at the range by myself, at a range that doesn't have a range officer. Two other guys show up and take positions on the other side of the range. They reverse their truck up next to the shooting benches so they can lay down in it's bed and shoot prone. It's a 200 yard range, it's dark and raining; they are wearing dark clothes.

They keep running out on to the range while I'm reloading to change targets without telling me, almost gave me a heart attack when I go to start shooting again and see one of them went onto the range without saying. I can't even see them half the time they go onto the range because of their clothes and the weather.

They're shooting from the bed of the truck where I can't even see them to know where they are. When I call a cease fire and return to the line they don't even always respond when I ask if the range is clear.

I call a cease fire and go to change my target. Return to the line, one of the guys is at the shooting bench with his guns like he's good to go. Don't see the other guy on the range. Didn't bother to ask if the range was clear because of them not responding. The other guy had just been shooting from the bed of the truck where I couldn't see him so I thought he was there. The guy had decided to go and run down to the end of the range and I couldn't see him. I could've killed the guy. Knowing that they had been running out without telling me before I should have been looking out. I should have kept asking if they were good to go even if they didn't always respond.

I've been shooting for years and have never made a mistake like this before and never thought I would screw up this badly. I'm absolutely mortified with myself and I think I'm just going to sell my guns and quit, that is way too serious of a mistake. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best place to sell guns?
>>
>Going to a range to shoot

Theres your problem
>>
>>32169186
I don't have any land to shoot on.
>>
>>32169176
Yes you should have kept pestering them so you're partly to blame, but If some dude is not following the safe range procedures, not keeping up good communication with the other shooters, then they are the ones being dickheads not you. Think about what happened, use it to remind yourself that you can't always count on others to follow the rules. Its the same as driving. Are you going to quit driving and sell your car because somebody ran a red light and you t-boned them? Nah bro, you're ok.
>>
>>32169176
You simply have to say, don't run down range if I'm shooting. Check first..

Shjit man I'm an antisocial combat vet. I can still talk words to other people.
>>
>>32169259
Not just partly man. I'm completely to blame I called that cease fire. And t-boning someone isn't anything like almost shooting someone.

Even though they had gone out onto the range repeatedly before without telling anyone I still called that cease fire so I should have checked better.
>>
>>32169261
>Shjit man I'm an antisocial combat vet. I can still talk words to other people.
I have severe PTSD and they had badges hanging off of their belt like they were cops.
>>
Well, they obviously didn't give a fuck in the first place and trusted you not to shoot them, since they were running downrange without telling you.

Sucks you feel bad. Unless they said something like "WHATS WRONG WITH U!??!" I wouldn't sweat it because, again, according to your own story they did not give a fuck.
>>
>>32169176
look its not your fault they were acting like morons, but i am wondering why you didnt go talk to them before when you first noticed the problem of communication. all you had to do was say "hey guys, i cant tell where you are because the weather is shitty and its hard to see, can we make sure to confirm ceasefire with each other before we change targets?"

honestly its fucking common sense on public ranges. theres no range officer so its up to you to coordinate with the other shooters to avoid accidents. i have never had people be rude or unhappy about this, it always makes everyone more comfortable
>>
>>32169287
yeah you only did half the procedure here. as you can see from the story in your OP, its just as important to check with everyone before making the range "hot" again...

public ranges rely on communication
>>
>>32169176
Their screw-up, not yours.
>>
>>32169664
I didn't confront them because they were cops. They had badges on their belts.

>>32169681
Yes, I agree.

>>32169995
No, it was definitely mine. All the ones before that was them screwing up but I was the one who called a cease fire that last time so it was my screw up.
>>
>>32169176
Get the fuck off, /reddit/! Learn to green text
>>
>>32170004
>but I was the one who called a cease fire that last time so it was my screw up.
can you elaborate on how you started shooting again? why did you think the range was clear for shooting, did people next to you give you the "all clear" ?
>>
>>32170115
I covered that in the OP. What would you like clarified from that?

>>32169176
>I call a cease fire and go to change my target. Return to the line, one of the guys is at the shooting bench with his guns like he's good to go. Don't see the other guy on the range. Didn't bother to ask if the range was clear because of them not responding. The other guy had just been shooting from the bed of the truck where I couldn't see him so I thought he was there. The guy had decided to go and run down to the end of the range and I couldn't see him. I could've killed the guy. Knowing that they had been running out without telling me before I should have been looking out. I should have kept asking if they were good to go even if they didn't always respond.
>>
>>32170299
you didnt say if you checked with anyone else before shooting. were those 2 cop guys the only people at the range besides you?

also just curious how close were you to hitting the guy? lol how many shots did you shoot before realizing, and was he like right next to it or what. how far down the range was he
>>
>>32170299
>>32170299
sorry just re-read your OP, those 2 guys were the only guys there besides you. well, it was an honest mistake OP, i hope you conveyed that to the faggots that probably berated you afterwards. thats what happens when cops are fags who think they are too cool for school to talk to regular non-cop people. i doubt the faggots got a wake up call, they probably just unleashed on you like it was your fault, judging by how you whimper in your OP story like it was all your fault
>>
>>32170353
He was at the end of the 200 yard range on the opposite end of the range so there was plenty of distance between my shots and him. I fired 5 quick shots from my hand gun at a target about 25 yards down range set up on the other end of the range from what they are on.
>>
>>32170390
Just be more careful next time, calm the fuck down.

Them running around downrange and being generally autistic is fucking retarded. You overrreacting to the point you're going to sell your guns because they were dumbasses is also retarded.
>>
>>32170390
>>32170390
so it wasnt really that close of a call, he was on the opposite end of the range from you. did the fuckers come over and yell at you?
>>
>>32169176
dude.
learn from your mistakes & pass your wisdom on to others
dont sell your guns
>>
>>32169176
I've run into dumber people OP
>be 15 years ago up north
>be at public shooting range in forest (which apparently had a walking trail at the time
>be shooting and having fun
>Suddenly we hear shouting and we stop shooting trying to figure out where it is coming from
>see hands waving from behind the berm
>FUCK.jpg
>they stumble out (drunk as fuck) from behind the berm and proceed to yell at us for shooting on their atv trail
>We were too shocked to even reply
>they stumbled back behind the range to do whatever it was they do
>we leave
Seriously OP. Your experience isn't all that unique unfortunately
You did nothing wrong
>>
>>32169176
I'll take your guns. What do you have?
>>
File: 3142424-2828884452-flat,.jpg (69KB, 800x610px) Image search: [Google]
3142424-2828884452-flat,.jpg
69KB, 800x610px
>>32169176
>it's dark and raining
>"let's go shooting outside!!!
>>
>>32169227
go take back your rightful clay faggot
>>
>>32170789
british isle invasion simulator
>>
>>32170789
i actually like shooting in those conditions. because firstly, there is nobody else at the range. and secondly, it gives me a chance to play as operator as ill ever get
>>
so what the fuck happened faggot op, did they yell at you? why are you being a crybaby bitch?
>>
>>32169176
You're fine. This incident was really not your fault, though you could have done more to prevent it. It was a freak occurrence caused by inconsiderate, incompetent shooters other than yourself. You should not sell your guns over something so insignificant.
>>
>>32172951
Yeah, I'm going to keep them. Though now I've realized I forgot about 20$ worth of those self healing bouncing targets at the range. Not much money but still shitty. The range is over and hour away too. Don't think it's worth the drive especially since they are likely gone now.
>>
>>32171005
>implying anyone would want to move to bumfuck just to shoot.
>>
File: 1451916427443.jpg (11KB, 210x200px) Image search: [Google]
1451916427443.jpg
11KB, 210x200px
>>32171027
>>
File: 1457288733185.jpg (34KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
1457288733185.jpg
34KB, 640x637px
>chat up a bro about his bcm sbr and spr
>he helps me zero my ar
>talking about classes like the kyle defoor carbine class he took
>talking about some other shit too
>lets me shoot his suppressed sbr
>shits nice
>offers me to shoot his spr with a us optic on it
>after shooting, have the rifle tucked under my arm as I have it pointed downrange and it's empty
>we're still talking
>HEY
>keep talking, hear someone screaming from my electronic earpro
>HEY
>HEY
>find out it's some bitch RO yelling at me
>YOU JUST SWEPT EVERYONE TO THE RIGHT OF YOU
>BE CAREFUL
>bitch what

My only regret was saying "sorry" for something I didn't do. The dude told me I wasn't close to sweeping anyone or even making any deviation from pointing his gun anywhere but downrange. A 10lb rifle with a fucking fat ass us optic sitting on it with a motherfucking gemtech hanging the fuck off the end of the 18 inch fucking barrel you would think my wrist would be torqued at such an ungodly and uncomfortable angle with so much tension that could only be matched by the Cuban Missile Crisis. You dumb bitch. I wasn't sweeping anyone.

Sometimes I like public ranges from the cool people and guns I come across but fuck me if some people are morons.
>>
I keep thinking about how I would have loved to just shoot the fucking assholes dead and get away with it because it's dark and stormy and nobody else is around.

That's when I realize I probably shouldn't own guns
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.