[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of getting one of these for my concealed carry. Hav

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: taurus-1-tau_2_441039mag.jpg (63KB, 650x358px) Image search: [Google]
taurus-1-tau_2_441039mag.jpg
63KB, 650x358px
Thinking of getting one of these for my concealed carry. Having a shotgun in my pocket seems pretty good, especially if im freaking out facing a dindu. What do y'all think about it?

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=841&category=Revolver&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=41
>>
>>32162677
Cool, shoot snakes with .410 and use .45LC for defense.
>>
Whats wrong with using .410 for self defense?
>>
>>32163020

It's the .22lr of shotgun shells.
>>
>>32163025
Wouldn't that make it a bit better for close quarters? A 12ga 00 shot from that range would not only cause more damage to unintended people, but itd be more difficult to keep.on target. Doesn't it still have decent penetration?
>>
>>32162677
If you owned a .410 or have ever CC'd before you'd know why that is a terrible choice for CC or really anything.
>Carrying what amounts to the size of a .454 casul revolver to shoot weaksauce .410 plate loads
>>
>>32163043
I am new to both, thus the asking.
>>
>>32163039

No it doesn't have enough penetration because the loads are so light. Even a .410 slug is underpowered compared to a .45lc load, which isn't even that powerful.

A 9mm compact or subcompact gun can do everything better than a .410 revolver except shoot snakes.
>>
>>32163039
.410 shells are anemic as fuck.
>>
I EDC a Judge because it just makes sense. I use birdshot in my HD shotgun because it is the best. It only makes sense to carry birdshot if possible and the Judge lets me do that. Best SD load and 45LC if you want. What's not to like?
>>
>>32163143
(You)
>>
>>32163143
Do you have 000buck in that bad boy? I'm going to get a judge fairly soon but probably wouldn't CC it. Idk we'll see when I get it. But man when Hickok was shooting those 000s out of it, it looked like it was doing some damage
>>
You must be new here.
>>
File: IMG_7583.jpg (42KB, 258x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7583.jpg
42KB, 258x330px
>>32163143
Dindu on pcp jump out from bushes, demands your lungs and liver. You think your 2.5 inch 410 shot shell full of #9 shot out of a 3" barrel is gonna stop him? Honestly I would rather have a 32acp or my c96 in 7.63.
>>
>>32163143
>>32163176
>>32162677

>36 ounces
>10 inches OAL
>5 shots

This same weight gets you a 629 with six shots of .44 Magnum in a shorter package.

The same weight (including loaded 13 round magazine and RMR) gets you a G41Mos with 13 rounds of.45ACP in still a shorter package.

The same weight gets you a Uberti CMS Pro with 6 shots of .45LC and is shorter as well.

The S&W Governor gives you the same gun 7 ounces lighter with the ability to fire .45ACP for practice and a 6 shot cylinder.

Tell me again how you are choosing this firearm?

This is ignoring the fact that Taurus has the worst quality control and warranty service on the face of the earth. This also ignores the laughable idea of .410 for defense out of a 3 inch barrel.
>>
>>32163341

I don't know what's worse; you posting actual facts on a Mongolian carpet boarding chat website, or you thinking anyone will actually take those facts into consideration at all before buying what they think is a cool gun.
>>
>>32163143
>I use birdshot in my HD shotgun because it is the best

Bait. This has to be.
>>
>>32163039
I can tell you don't understand the physics of shotguns.

Don't carry a .410, they're impractical at best, I'll tell you to get a 6" S&W 629 in it's place because at least that's not as retarded.
>>
wtf is with the weapons grade autism posts today? Is there an " end of the month " shitpost / bait posting quota or something that they are trying to make?
>>
>>32163143
>Birdshot in home defense shotgun

Not even once

https://youtu.be/_F_KuFzjOGA
>>
>>32163374
You! You sonova!... you right...
>>
>>32162677
Have one for OC. Mainly carry it inna woods because my lever rifle is a 45LC and only having to carry one round is nice. Not a bad gun for self defense or home defense. What ever these autists scream. 45LC is a good defense round, and .410 is not bad. I carry a .410 000 buck in the first chamber, then 45LC hollow points in the rest. Inside of the realistic reactionary distance for a SD shooting its more than lethal.
>>
File: smuganimegirl.jpg (474KB, 4520x4600px) Image search: [Google]
smuganimegirl.jpg
474KB, 4520x4600px
>>32163039
>A 12ga 00 shot from that range would not only cause more damage to unintended people, but itd be more difficult to keep.on target. Doesn't it still have decent penetration?
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 716x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 716x383px
I carry my Judge with #6 birdshot. I have done a lot of testing and this is THE BEST round for SD.
I use birdshot for HD, also. It won't kill my neighbors 3 houses away but will totally kill anyone in my house. Also, with the smaller shot you get more spread so I just point in their direction and am all but guaranteed a good amount of effect on target.
>>
File: image.jpg (242KB, 873x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
242KB, 873x640px
>>32168110
Also, I carry my Judge in a Serpa, because fuck you.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.