[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how would i go about obtaining a reasonable approximation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 121tr1z.jpg (127KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
121tr1z.jpg
127KB, 1600x1200px
how would i go about obtaining a reasonable approximation of an asp pistol?
>>
>>32161518
By getting a rope and hanging yourself.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASP_pistol

seems quite customized, you'd need a machinist/gunsmith to chop it up as much as the ASP
>>
>>32161518
Either a gunsmith and a lot of money and time or your own mill and a lot of time
>>
>>32161518
By buying the airsoft version
>>
>>32161518
anyone know if the smith 908 is a decent gun?
>>
Lots of money and time.

Money for obvious reasons, and time because anyone who has one won't sell it.
>>
>>32161518

To be fair OP, unless you're specifically fond of the older S&W autos, you could probably make an analog of something else easier to find. You might ignore some of the finer, more technical oriented points that were probably necessitated from the original S&W design itself, but to take another compact pistol, put clear poly grips, round off all the edges, polish the inside bits, if necessary cut reliefs into the sides of the mags wouldn't be that difficult. The guttersnipe sights would probably difficult to make though
>>
They pop up on gunbroker all the time. Usually $5Kish.
>>
>>32161518

well, there were 3000 made, so maybe wait until one hits the marked and hold on to your credit rating.
>>
>>32162156
this is the answer i was looking for, what would be a good single stack, steel/alloy frame 9mm to start with
>>
File: cz 75 contoured.jpg (202KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
cz 75 contoured.jpg
202KB, 800x600px
>>32162406

Single stack maybe not so much, but one of the more carryable CZs like a PCR or something wouldn't be a bad start. Steel frame, hammer fired, 9mm, fairly lightweight (for a metal frame at least)
>>
>>32162435
>that pic was meant for you to imagine the see-through grip panels

Also:
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-d-pcr-compact-black-alloy-9mm-14-rd-mags/

I'm sure better options are out there for an analogue. I'm not too familiar with the old S&W autos, and how much the model 39s that were the origin of the ASP go for, but this was the first gun that came to mind as a cheap, modern equivalent (steel frame, somewhat compact, hammer fired) which it sounds like you're looking for. Maybe there's a SIG model out there that could do it to, or possibly one of the many Hi-Power variants but I doubt any are as small as the ASP was. Hopefully some other anons will come in to help guide you on your quest, I'm curious as to where this could go
>>
>>32162496
SIG was what came to mind for me. I think a P239 might be a decent starting point.
>>
>>32162496
> I'm curious as to where this could go
realistically? Not very far, something greater than the run of the mill sub-compact 9mm. but not quite a combat handgun
>>
Couldnt you just cut the sizes out of a 1911 with an angle grinder and fit some plexiglass in there. For real fag feel cut a hole in the side of each mag to see the rounds?
>>
>>32162565

I just meant as far as OP figuring out a commonly available gun close enough to modify in the same was as the S&W 39 was modified to make an ASP, for his own shits and gigs and then to post here

>>32162530

That's a good one, I wasn't aware of it before
>>
>>32162587

sorry, that was me (the OP) posting that it wont go very far. the reason i made this thread is that someone suggested a gun to me from a less mainstream company and i cannot for the life of me remember what the name of it was
>>
>>32162435
oh man, now I'm imagining a ASP-ified CZ-75 Rami. Awesome
>>
>>32162435
Nifty, now it just needs the slide skeletonized like an M9.
>>
>>32162623

Ah. Well, until you figure out what that is, enjoy our suggestions and also good luck. Whatever the hell you end up doing/buying be sure to post it

>>32162625

That would be boners
>>
>>32161518
Makarov is single stack, has windowed frame and windowed mags.

Make some transparent dick grips
>Ghost dick grips
>>
File: Brown-Compact_Back-597x600.jpg (44KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
Brown-Compact_Back-597x600.jpg
44KB, 597x600px
>>32162722
red in the face now, 4chanx is a marvelous thing.
https://www.lionheartindustries.com/product/lh9cn/

has anyone heard positive things about these?
>>
>>32162746

I fucking own a Makarov and I didn't think of this. I'm disappointed in myself
>>
>>32162789
>has anyone heard positive things about these?

MAC was shilling these pretty hard a while ago. They do seem like quality guns with a background of long military service in South Korea.
>>
>>32162836
they seem like a good basis for this project, fully cerakoted too. i worry about what double action plus implies
>>
>>32162861
oh theres a hickock video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXm-iLw9IbI
>>
File: 20160217_130102.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160217_130102.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>32162789
I have the $200 90's version of those.
Aka, the DP51
>>
>>32162861
It means you can push the hammer forward from single action, into a "double" action that makes the trigger pull the length of double action bit with the pull weight of single action.
It's weird to explain and easier to see
>>
File: 20161130_000730.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161130_000730.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Ive considered Clear poly grips on my bersa and opening up the mags. Also that Rami idea is sexy as fuck.
>>
>>32162406
any all steel "clone" gun. Something Turkish. You do your first gun as a prototype. Dont use something valuable. Go to a pawn shop and find like a 150-200 dollar gun.

Clear grips, take it to a gunsmith and get all teh edges heavily "melted".

after all that.

The biggest asthetics are going to be the finger guard that allows for that particular grip, and the guttersnipe sights.
>>
>>32162983
god thats strange to watch
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.