[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't want two rifles. The cetme is a good rifle. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: you know when it's love.png (631KB, 824x530px) Image search: [Google]
you know when it's love.png
631KB, 824x530px
I don't want two rifles.

The cetme is a good rifle. I have scope and she hasn't jammed yet. But, it's a 12 pound rifle with accuracy problems. Dry fire training is almost impossible.

The scout rifle is lighter. I could dry fire all day, which would make me a much better shot. Not only would i shoot better, but the rifle would, too.

Now, i got a Sarajevo/Aleppo complex just as much as anybody here. But was Jeff right? Would a scout be better?
>>
Have you tried the Ruger yet?
>>
Scout would be better. In a SHTF situation you're probably not gonna need 30 rounds as fast as you could pull the trigger, if you so you're probably fucked anyways.

Less weight is always a plus.

Having the bolt action would allow you to conserve ammo.

Keep handgun incase of up close encounters, save rifle for distance and game
>>
File: why mouth sock.jpg (410KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
why mouth sock.jpg
410KB, 1500x1000px
>>32154504
I have not. The other day, I held one in cabella's.

This isn't a quick decision, but somebody here probably has good knowledge.
>>
File: typical_SCAR17_owner.jpg (169KB, 772x1024px) Image search: [Google]
typical_SCAR17_owner.jpg
169KB, 772x1024px
Have you considered buying a rifle designed in this century?
>>
File: small smudge.jpg (67KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
small smudge.jpg
67KB, 800x534px
>>32154544
would there be even one advantage?
>>
File: damp_memes.png (143KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
damp_memes.png
143KB, 800x1000px
>>32154550
It's the weight of the GSR but semi-automatic and not gimped by single-stack magazines? It's more reliable than the CETMEME and more accessory-friendly?
>>
File: awgg.jpg (433KB, 1673x1076px) Image search: [Google]
awgg.jpg
433KB, 1673x1076px
>>32154568
huh those are good points. But I just hate to own nice things.
>>
File: Mikko-Lagerstedt-Lonely-Morning.jpg (18KB, 950x629px) Image search: [Google]
Mikko-Lagerstedt-Lonely-Morning.jpg
18KB, 950x629px
>>32154568
weight a minute... the SCAR still weighs almost two pounds more, especially when loaded.

And the scar still suffers from the same problem as a the cetme -- manual of arms for operation is different than the method for dry firing.

I'd still be training against myself, even if I was willing to pay meme prices. It's a bad choice
>>
File: 1480025033296.jpg (19KB, 283x268px) Image search: [Google]
1480025033296.jpg
19KB, 283x268px
Hopeless bait. Abandon thread.
>>
>>32154749
No, dude, screw you. My goal is to shoot well.

> spend 3000$ on a scar and stick it under the bed
or
> buy a scout rifle for 800$ and learn trigger work inside.

No matter what rifle I have, I can't go to a range more often than every month or so. Skill is really going to come down to dry drills.
>>
>>32154805
http://www.livefreearmory.com/product/lf308-ba-hybrid/

Use with a 10 round magazine and stop being a huge fucking faggot. You can absolutely do dry fire training and malfunction drills with a semi-auto. You should be instinctively doing tap-rack-bang with semi auto rifles during dry fire after the trigger is dead.
>>
>>32155014
>practice one way
>operate differently
>good idea

come on, guys. this isn't hard
>>
>>32155014
also, every thread, no matter what it's about, some faggot is going to shill for the armalite.

I already have a semi-auto .308 there is no reason to buy the same thing again
>>
>>32155498
>I don't tap rack bang when the trigger doesn't reset.

That's nice.

>>32155529
Maybe you shouldn't have bitched about how heavy and inaccurate the CETME is and how expensive the SCAR is then, faggot.
>>
>>32154485
Scout rifles are retarded.
>>
>>32155557
> there's a deer or an enemy at 175 m
> nerves activate pure muscle memory
> get steady
> firing solution
> steady pull.....
BOOM!
> open bolt and eject live round
> rip out full mag and throw
> spend 30 seconds fumbling for a new one
> close bolt
> calm down and think about what just happened
> cry

You may or may not own guns. Statistically, you don't. If you do, you might or might not train. Again, most likely not.

I am going to get up in the morning and exercise. Then, I'm going to practice a set number of trigger pulls.

Thank you for your very nice and valid opinion, but the goal is consistency.

>>32155561
help me out here, why?
>>
>>32154485
Both of these are dumb choices.
>>
>>32155695
Holy fuck you're retarded. Do you even know what tap rack bang is?

You tap the bottom of the magazine to ensure it is properly seated. Rack the charging handle to recock and make sure it's loaded. Pull the trigger again. This is immediate action and if you are in a self defense situation and the trigger doesn't reset this should be your first instinct.

If you honestly believe that in the heat of the moment you will be confused when the trigger does reset you're on par with the people that believe that you should always slap the bolt release with your palm because you "lose fine motor skills under pressure".

If you're such a fucking idiot that you can't do this, get a White Oak Armament dry fire device for your AR15 and use the same trigger for your AR10. The manual of arms is identical.
>>
>>32154485

>dry firing impossible

What?

You only need a half-cock to reset the trigger.
>>
>>32155910
I guarantee your his response is going to be that "in the heat of battle" he will pull the trigger and then half-cock the charging handle.

He's coming up with any retarded reasoning humanly possible to defend a scout rifle, which is a dated and pointless concept.
>>
>>32155988

Good thing he only has to cock it once every 20 rounds though, huh?
>>
>>32155910
comrade, i know all about cocking a cetme, both all the way back and only part way.

And doing it half way is even worse, because there will never be any other reason to do that.

>>32156016
this post is correct -- unless you're trying to train inside. Then, it's a completely different experience

>>32155988
I like the scout rifle, but you guys are too fixed on that. Any bolt action would be better for this type of training. Shoot, any manually operated firearm.

If I had asked about the savage hog rifle or a lever action, would you guys still be mad?
>>
>>32156110
Yes, because outside of extreme long range precision rifle competitions there is no value to a bolt action or anything manually operated. You won't do something retarded in the moment just because you have to pull the charging handle a bit to cock the trigger.
>>
>>32155906
looks like someone hit a soft spot
>>
>>32156156
well, we're on the same page now i guess

to sum everything up,
>I'm considering going to a bolt action platform for lighter weight, greater precision and easier training.
>>
>>32156189
Are you building a rifle for PRS competition? If the answer is no, then get a semi-auto. The 1-2 pound delta at max that a semi-auto adds is nothing compared to being able to get a second shot.
>>
>>32156156
There are real differences between any bolt action and semiauto action. It's not just how you operate it. Bolt actions are virtually impervious to mud and sand and can easily be cleaned out in seconds. Virtually every semi auto rifle if you get mud in the action at all you're going to have to disassemble the whole thing and clean it with a brush before you're back in action.

And you really don't need to even shoot long range to see the effect on accuracy. Unless you plan on paying $3k+ for a 1moa semiauto rifle
>>
File: baby.jpg (36KB, 506x308px) Image search: [Google]
baby.jpg
36KB, 506x308px
>>32156223
There we go. thanks.

It doesn't mean I changed my mind, but we had a civil exchange and i learned something.
>>
>>32156230
I literally just linked a semi auto AR10 with guaranteed 1 MOA. If it doesn't shoot 1 MOA they will take it back and fix it until it does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrV3Wq59mz0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFsx2XS2wA8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAneTFiz5WU

Bolt action rifles don't do that well with mud either.
>>
>>32154485
2 completely different rifles, that being said, you done goofed for buying a shit rifle and the scout rifle will not make you a better shot by dry firing it
>>
>>32154805
Kek, do people actually believe dry firing with semi autos makes less sense than with bolt guns? Is this a thing?

>>32156230
>Implying closed bolt rifles really get that much shit in them when the action is *usually* closed off mostly
>Implying a bolt gun will randomly be impervious to mud even though the action is wide open
>>
>>32156465
go try it.
>>
>>32156494
Are you going to ignore the part where other people have tried it on video and definitively shown that both the Mosin and K98 which were "battle proven" rifles blew dicks at the mud test while the AR15 (and AR10 by extension) did just fine?
>>
>>32156520
ur pretty mad their, frandeau

i meant dry fire. Go do 40 clicks on a semi, then 40 clicks on a bolt action and tell me which one is a pain in the ass
>>
>>32155695
There's training and being consistent, then there's being retarded.
You're more of the latter.
>>
>>32156553
https://youtu.be/e2KA5lD5ci0?t=1m21s

What are you even talking about? You can get dry fire in far faster with a 70 dollar dry fire system for the AR15 if that's what you're trying to do.
>>
>>32156287
I'm curious, that Live Free rifle used a BA barrel and an unnamed BCG with regular trigger in their most basic model.
What exactly is the guarantee coming out of when you use match ammo? Other than proper headspacing?
>>
>>32156673
i just gotta ask, what made you think that was relevant?

i don't have or want an armalite
>>
>>32156682
The guarantee is for 1 MOA accuracy. Whether you can actually achieve that with a shitty mil-spec trigger is another question entirely. You can probably pull it off if you put the rifle in a lead sled though.
>>
>>32156704
If you hasguns in the US there's at least a 50/50 chance you have at least one AR15. Use it.
>>
>>32156741
comrade, i can tell you did not read the original post.

but thank you for your suggestions
>>
>>32154544
>that stock
>that hair
:(
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.